Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• PopIcon said:
    "Palace want the loan club to pay all of his wages as well as paying a loan fee in order to stand a chance of landing the winger."

Is that normal these days for the most sought after players for loan club to pay 100% wages and a fee? 
  • PopIcon said:
    "Palace want the loan club to pay all of his wages as well as paying a loan fee in order to stand a chance of landing the winger."

Is that normal these days for the most sought after players for loan club to pay 100% wages and a fee? 
    Yes, more common than not now.
  • PopIcon said:

If true, doesn’t that imply that Palace reckon the player is worth a lot more than they are paying him ?  Isn’t that where the agent earns their money and finds a new club ?
  • JRS will be an interesting one to where he ends up. Can't see Palace selling this summer after already selling Olise so I think it will be the pick of the top of the championship. Hull would make a lot of sense after losing Jaden Philogene. 
  • PopIcon said:

If true, doesn’t that imply that Palace reckon the player is worth a lot more than they are paying him ?  Isn’t that where the agent earns their money and finds a new club ?
    I think it’s more that a player like JRS will have plenty of interest and there will be clubs willing to pay a fee on top of his wages.
  • JRS isn't an unknown kid being sent out for experience, he's now a financial "asset" worth a significant amount, so those sort of terms are understandable. Making it a nonsense for us to be same conversation as big Championship clubs on parachute payments.
    And how pissed off would he be if he came back to us, or any L1 club?
  • Sponsored links:

• arny23394 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Moderator, please get Ronnie Moore off this site NOW !!
    I can’t believe people are still responding to him. He’s been wumming for about 15 years now, ignore him and he’ll soon piss off. 
    Well, as you say he's been doing it for 15 years, been banned numerous times (rightly) but he desperately craves the attention so regardless of whether he is ignored and called out he will come back every time, rehashing and often cutting and pasting (without crediting the source) what he reads elsewhere so as to appear ITK.
  • Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
  • Can someone talk to Nathan / Andy / Charlie and suggest they take a look at Will Dennis at Bournemouth?

Commanding goalkeeper, coming off an impressive loan spell at Kilmarnock - helping them into European qualification. 14 clean sheets in 36 appearances.

Bournemouth just bought a highly rated, young fourth goalkeeper from Wellington Phoenix this summer so there’s room for Dennis to go out on loan, or be sold, this summer.
    Probably fails the height test as only 6'2. Lol
  • fenaddick said:
    Come on, by discussing him so much you're giving him the oxygen you claim he wants. Mods have had to shut down various threads in the past to stop discussions like this as they often stray too far. If you don't like a poster then just scroll on.
    Tend to agree - just read on.  The only thing I find annoying with his posts is that they always come across as 'matter of fact' like they are factually correct or guaranteed to happen.  He never says "I heard...", or "I've seen..." or "I think..." - when in reality most of what he posts he has seen elsewhere (the other forum) or FB.  Just accept he wants attention and move on.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    JRS will be an interesting one to where he ends up. Can't see Palace selling this summer after already selling Olise so I think it will be the pick of the top of the championship. Hull would make a lot of sense after losing Jaden Philogene. 

Rak-Sakyi definitely needs a Championship loan where he plays most game(depending on fitness) and the club is a contender.
    21 years old and surely his days of the mediocre 3rd tier is behind him.
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcWest said:
    fenaddick said:
    Come on, by discussing him so much you're giving him the oxygen you claim he wants. Mods have had to shut down various threads in the past to stop discussions like this as they often stray too far. If you don't like a poster then just scroll on.
    Tend to agree - just read on.  The only thing I find annoying with his posts is that they always come across as 'matter of fact' like they are factually correct or guaranteed to happen.  He never says "I heard...", or "I've seen..." or "I think..." - when in reality most of what he posts he has seen elsewhere (the other forum) or FB.  Just accept he wants attention and move on.
    tend not to, it's like allowing a dog to shit all over the pavements, and then blaming those who step in the constant stream of shit, sort the mangy mutt 
  • Scoham said:
    PopIcon said:

I think it’s more that a player like JRS will have plenty of interest and there will be clubs willing to pay a fee on top of his wages.
    So he’s worth more than Palace are paying him…
  • shirty5 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Interestingly Ted bishop has just posted a goodbye message to Lincoln fans on his Instagram. Wonder if he's signed elsewhere or if we're still looking to get him in? Seems odd timing. 
    Is Ted Bishop one of the characters on Postman Pat? I can picture him holding a parcel and having hair made of wool?
    No that’s Ted Glen. Looks like former Charlton Chief Executive, Steve Waggott
    Oh, maybe he was in Neighbours then?
  • JRS wont fit into our system as we dont play with wingers.

HTH.
  • edited August 7
    Will it be 3rd time lucky for our next try at getting a Keeper in ?
    Financial for Begovic and Valladolid in NW Spain appearing to be the better option for Hein.

Keepers know there's always competition for the Jersey but this can't be helping Will Mannion to feel he's the man. 

A London club must be attractive to some decent keeper !
  • Chelsea have loads of keepers, two we could get on loan I would assume.

Marcus Bettinelli, has played a lot of games in the Championship on loan but not been anywhere for a couple of seasons or so now. Would assume he could drop down to League One for a season.

Lucas Bergström, a young keeper who went on loan to Peterborough the season before last. He went to a Swedish top flight team last season but didn’t play much at all. Another loan to this level is probably what he needs.
  • JRS wont fit into our system as we dont play with wingers.

HTH.
    I mean JRS himself is quite obviously out of reach but a player of his type absolutely still would fit into our system as a free roaming type who can go wide and/or cut inside as needed. 

Campbell and potentially Dixon seem intended to do exactly that. Ahadme will hopefully tie defenders up to give them room to play more expensively.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!