Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Southbank said:
    At least we're trying to get someone decent instead buying from the normal jumble sales.
    Perhaps we're aiming just a little too high. Its great to be ambitious but if your targets are signing for Premier League & La Liga sides then you might just need to lower your sights a tad. 
    Or, if you want a really good goalie you pay really good wages.
    Just saying.
    Then you could say that about any player past,present & future & im pretty sure & it seems reasonable that their is a budget for a squad not just one stellar signing…the likes of Birmingham who are going all out,we would laugh our knackers off of it didn’t work out & they ended up below us & with more points deductions…if can’t afford it in long run…im sure whoever we get will be an upgrade on what we have & it will be for the right money & their worth also…
  • edited August 6
    Southbank said:
    At least we're trying to get someone decent instead buying from the normal jumble sales.
    Perhaps we're aiming just a little too high. Its great to be ambitious but if your targets are signing for Premier League & La Liga sides then you might just need to lower your sights a tad. 
    Or, if you want a really good goalie you pay really good wages.
    Just saying.
    Well that’s not true.
    There are far better GK’s in Premier League teams that we can’t afford, and some of those will go out on loan. 

• iaitch said:
    The Crappies look a bit like the Sea Bass I saw, and admired, whilst snorkeling on Mykonos. Sorry, didn't hear any transfer news whilst underwater.
    Just looked up snorkeling in the Urban Dictionary, interesting to say the least.
    I dare not look, probably  to much for my sensitive soul ! 
  • iaitch said:
    The Crappies look a bit like the Sea Bass I saw, and admired, whilst snorkeling on Mykonos. Sorry, didn't hear any transfer news whilst underwater.
    Just looked up snorkeling in the Urban Dictionary, interesting to say the least.
    I dare not look, probably  to much for my sensitive soul ! 

There's a lot worse than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you take the average, the consensus is as we stand we sneak into playoffs
    Last time i looked 7th was 7th.
    And last time I looked you can't have 3 teams finish 4th and 3 teams finish 7th
    You can if you work out the mean position based on average scores.
  • Interestingly Ted bishop has just posted a goodbye message to Lincoln fans on his Instagram. Wonder if he's signed elsewhere or if we're still looking to get him in? Seems odd timing. 
  • I'm hearing some rumours about Karl Hein, from Arsenal in the Plymouth Herald.
    Ronnie will be up with an exclusive soon…😏
  • PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you look again you'll see in this case 7th = 6th.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Skipped a few pages what happened with Begovic? Has he gone elsewhere or we just been told its not happening?

Not happening because of wages. 
    Thanks 
  • PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Which leaves us with the 6th best average... So as I said just sneaking into the playoffs. 

Why go through all that trouble to try and prove me wrong, when I'm right?

Odd
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 6
    Averages...

Birmingham 1.0000 = 1st
    Rotherham 3.5556 = 2nd
    -
    Huddersfield 3.6667 = 3rd
    Bolton 3.7778 = 4th
    Peterborough 6.3333 = 5th
    Charlton 6.7778 = 6th
    -
    Lincoln 7.1111 = 7th
    Wigan 9.0000 = 8th
    Blackpool 9.4444 = 9th
    Barnsley 9.6667 = 10th
    Stockport 9.8889 = 11th
    Wrexham 11.3333 = 12th
  • Slightly surprised that Posh are ranked so highly, as they've had a major squad churn. 

But then doing predictions before the window closes always feels quite premature, as there will still be key business to do.
  • Yann897 said:
    Wasn’t sure where else to post this but this seems to be the busiest thread, this is the predictions from some journalists. Quite interesting 
    The Racing Post, in their pre-season verdict had us in 5th and Rotherham winning it which I see that none of the other pundits did. Gabriel Sutton had them in 10th!!!

1  Rotherham
    2  Bolton
    3  Birmingham
    4  Huddersfield
    5  Charlton
    6  Blackpool
    7  Wigan
    8  Reading
    9  Lincoln
    10 Barnsley
    11 Wrexham
    12 Cambridge
    13 Peterborough
    14 Stockport
    15 Bristol Rovers
    16 Leyton Orient
    17 Mansfield
    18 Wycombe
    19 Exeter
    20 Stevenage
    21 Northampton
    22 Shrewsbury
    23 Burton
    24 Crawley
  • edited August 7
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Which leaves us with the 6th best average... So as I said just sneaking into the playoffs. 

Why go through all that trouble to try and prove me wrong, when I'm right?

Odd
    The numbers have been rounded up or down to whole numbers.

Rotherham 3.55 (4th)
    Huddersfield 3.66 (4th)
    Bolton 3.77 4th)
    Peterborough 6.33 (7th)
    Charlton 6.77 (7th)
    Lincoln 7.11 (7th)

If you feel aggrieved I suggest bringing it up with the creator of the document.

I'm not going to argue, bye..
  • Slightly surprised that Posh are ranked so highly, as they've had a major squad churn. 

But then doing predictions before the window closes always feels quite premature, as there will still be key business to do.
    They're always there or thereabouts though. Made some potentially decent signings, the non-league POTY, our ex-player Abraham Odoh, a centre back from the Swedish top flight, and a couple of kids on loan from Man City and Sheff Utd.
  • edited August 7
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!