Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• From mate who has arsenal season ticket.

"I've seen him a few times. We've had him for god knows how long. Think we signed him in 22. 

Kids only 22 years old. Tall. He's got talent and is a good shot stopper. 

Playing out from the back would say due to his height is not his biggest asset. He's like 6'3". 
  • Here’s hoping it’s a season long loan and not til January. A keeper and defence really need to work together over a season to get that rhythm and consistency. Wouldn’t want a Connor Gallagher situation where he plays a blinder up to Christmas then joins a championship team for the second half of the season. 
  • that was the crooks fault tho

• Asked my mate who is a massive Gooner about Hein. He said the following 'fingers crossed you have an obligation to buy clause if he plays 1 minute lol'. His review is much less glowing than the others but maybe he's just miserable! 
  • Won't it be nice to have two tall goalkeepers.
  • Could be good but also think I’d look half decent in goal for arsenal with all their players in some non competitive “franchise” match . 
  • Leuth said:
    Mannion fully understood the situation from before he signed. The idea that he'll be pissed off at this development is a nonsense. We signed him because Jones trusts him to be the guy in an emergency, but we signed him as the number 2
    Well possibly but at 26 years of age and after an impressive last half of last season at Cambridge I’d have thought that he’d at least aspire to being number one, particularly in the third tier. Perhaps it’ll inspire him to make himself undropable. Competition is a good thing but nothing is going to make me believe he’s going to be fully understanding of this. Particularly if he starts on Saturday and does well.
  • I had this Arsenal fan in the back of my cab last night....
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair enough, going to play in one of the big 5 leagues
  • He’s going to Spain!!! What a mare. 
  • Feels like we're starting to panic about the position now.

There's still near enough 4 weeks of the window left, I hope we get the right person in and not any old shit to plug a gap
  • Sponsored links:

• That's a weird one but there will be plenty more good keepers available on loan. No reason to panic
  • If only I'd read this news in about 40mins

Id say that's Poor for Four!! 
  • Typical🤦🏻‍♂️
  • I mean all this searching has made it pretty clear that Mannion isn't seen as the #1 keeper. So if we're left with only him (or him with a cheap backup) it's a huge risk. 
  • Hearing he's going to Spanish top flight
  • edited August 6
    Walton - no

Davies - no

Sinisalo - no

Begovic - no

Hein - no

Any others we’ve been linked with who’ve gone elsewhere? I did say it was a really weird summer for goalkeepers.
  • Getting ridiculous now 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!