Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• The Crappies look a bit like the Sea Bass I saw, and admired, whilst snorkeling on Mykonos. Sorry, didn't hear any transfer news whilst underwater.
    Just looked up snorkeling in the Urban Dictionary, interesting to say the least.
  • See we’ve morphed into the holiday thread, anyone else been to Mykonos…

👋
  • See we’ve morphed into the holiday thread, anyone else been to Mykonos…🤔
    Nope. Been to Crete.

Whilst we're off topic, has anyone bumped into any current squad players on holiday? 
  • edited August 6
    See we’ve morphed into the holiday thread, anyone else been to Mykonos…🤔
    Nope. Been to Crete.

Whilst we're off topic, has anyone bumped into any current squad players on holiday? 
    Been to Athens, Rhodes and Santorini, which was good....
  • Will he be the first Estonian to play for us? 
  • #cafc working on a deal to sign Arsenal keeper Karl Hein on loan.

Where @Swisdom leads others follow
    I'm impressed by those who worked this one out 
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't recall his name atm, but NJ has used the loan market for a first choice goalkeeper in the past.
  • Will he be the first Estonian to play for us? 
    Back to the holiday diversion...was thinking of a city visit to Tallinn.
  • edited August 6
    #cafc working on a deal to sign Arsenal keeper Karl Hein on loan.

Where @Swisdom leads others follow

I found a 46 year old keeper called Heinz Muller after the cryptic clue 😀 but pleased if it turns out to be the 22 year old Estonian keeper from Arsenal that signs on loan.
  • Hein coming in as number one or two ? He’s 22 whereas Mannion is 26. Both relatively inexperienced but I’d think Mannion won’t be happy bench warming to a loan four years his junior with probably less experience. 
  • At 1.93m Hein passes the CL height test. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Arsenal fan I work with just said it was be an unreal signing for league 1 and has had a quality pre season.

I assume Hein was the 1st choice in the USA tour as Raya and Ramsdale didn't travel ?
  • CafcWest said:
    Will he be the first Estonian to play for us? 
    Back to the holiday diversion...was thinking of a city visit to Tallinn.
    You should. Beautiful city. Particularly enjoyed the ‘Kiek in de Kok’ museum. 
  • Is all the Hein talk based on an off the cuff ‘57 varieties’ comment by Swisdom which had no relevance whatsoever about a keeper we may get .
    If Swisdom explains he’s done a ‘messy fart’ whilst talking about an exciting potential signing , we’ll have 20 pages about Lionel joining us before the days up 
    No
  • Feels like it's all going a bit west with our signings as of the last couple weeks but I remain open to seeing how they perform in a Charlton shirt. Just one more week and we'll have something else to moan about! 
  • Hein coming in as number one or two ? He’s 22 whereas Mannion is 26. Both relatively inexperienced but I’d think Mannion won’t be happy bench warming to a loan four years his junior with probably less experience. 
    If it was a permanent, then he might be a bit aggrieved Shooters, but a loan would be slightly different and suggest that Mannion is, hopefully, the future.  
  • Agreed he will be number one... But an excellent signing nevertheless. 
  • Rothko said:
    shirty5 said:
    Hein coming in as number one or two ? He’s 22 whereas Mannion is 26. Both relatively inexperienced but I’d think Mannion won’t be happy bench warming to a loan four years his junior with probably less experience. 
    Hein has 30 full caps for Estonia
    Hein is coming to play, no way Arsenal would loan him to sit on the bench 
    To be fair, based purely on their record/level so far Hein looks like he would probably be better (at least at present) than Mannion and would probably merit the first choice position. 
    International caps and experience at a PL club (even at youth/reserve level) is probably higher than what Mannion has managed so far.

Mannion might well be a bit pissed off but thats where Jones needs to use his managerial skills.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!