Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Interesting. As I pointed out we are short enough in midfield as it is without Taylor going, so find it hard to see that happening unless we have a real ace up our sleeve.

Shows he is still rated in the wider footballing world with promotion rivals going in for him.
    fenaddick said:
    Interesting. As I pointed out we are short enough in midfield as it is without Taylor going, so find it hard to see that happening unless we have a real ace up our sleeve.

Shows he is still rated in the wider footballing world with promotion rivals going in for him.
    Bishop would be better
  • Unless Jones really doesn’t fancy Taylor or we get a money bid too great to turn down I think we’d be mad to move Taylor on. He was very well thought of when we signed him and must be out to prove a point. 
    I would prefer Bishop
  • Southbank said:
    Unless Jones really doesn’t fancy Taylor or we get a money bid too great to turn down I think we’d be mad to move Taylor on. He was very well thought of when we signed him and must be out to prove a point. 
    I would prefer Bishop
    Thank God you're not in charge then, as he'd be shit as the defensive midfield cover
  • Sounds like Potts might be the next signing. Would imagine that one is announced after the next exit.
    Genuine question, why is Potts being heralded as solid signing for us? Not played much recently and can't say he massively stood out whenever I saw Luton on their rise (admittedly, a handful games outside of playing us). For example, is he definitely an upgrade on Macca??? 
  • Karl Hein could be the keeper...Arsenal books
  • Sounds like Potts might be the next signing. Would imagine that one is announced after the next exit.
    Genuine question, why is Potts being heralded as solid signing for us? Not played much recently and can't say he massively stood out whenever I saw Luton on their rise (admittedly, a handful games outside of playing us). For example, is he definitely an upgrade on Macca??? 
    Would it hurt if he isn’t? Experienced cover for that left side, can’t see what is wrong with it, as long as his fitness isn’t an issue as he’s had some injury problems last couple of years. 
  • barstool said:
    Karl Hein could be the keeper...Arsenal books

30 caps for his country at such a young age is impressive. Get him in for the season and if we were to get promoted, could potentially do the same for a year in the Championship
  • edited August 5
    I said a few days ago when the deal was a possibility, I am not that desperate for us to get in a 37 year old keeper. Especially one many QPR fans feel is past his best.
  • Sponsored links:

Would it hurt if he isn’t? Experienced cover for that left side, can’t see what is wrong with it, as long as his fitness isn’t an issue as he’s had some injury problems last couple of years. 
    Not at all, in no way am I saying Potts is a bad signing! I just don't know enough about him either way and have been burned too many times when we sign a player and I try and do my homework on their previous appearances and they turn out gash for us (I am looking at you Chris Gunter) 
    Nearly 100 Championship appearances in the 4 seasons prior to last year. Still only 30, I would say if he stays fit then a very good player at this level. Quicker and better on the ball than Macca.
    Thanks mate, kind of insight I was after. Physicality is the main question mark for me, but cant see Jones going after a soft touch 
    Nearly 100 Championship appearances in the 4 seasons prior to last year. Still only 30, I would say if he stays fit then a very good player at this level. Quicker and better on the ball than Macca.
    Thanks mate, kind of insight I was after. Physicality is the main question mark for me, but cant see Jones going after a soft touch 
    I still have questions around Gillesphey's mobility on the outside of a back three, and his ability on the ball. With Jones and Mitchell, you have two big "proper" defender types. A Mitchell has looked okay on the ball, Jones is meh, and again, MG I have questions about, and Z Mitchell is very good on the ball but right sided and young.

Having a mobile, good on the ball left sider, at least as cover, seems like a good move to me. I could also see that being Edwards, but that takes away from LWB cover. But Jones, Mitchell, Mitchell, Ness, and REG are all pretty much right sided (and right footed). If Potts is signed, I think he compliments the rest of the defense well, and could go straight into the team either Saturday, or for the first home game. 
  • I said a few days ago when the deal was a possibility, I am not that desperate for us to get in a 37 year old keeper. Especially one many QPR fans feel is past his best.

So, you think the nice little QPR mob were just trying to help us out with that one...🙄
  • edited August 5
    I was going to suggest Hein a few weeks ago, Arsenal have signed a young keeper and look like signing another from Wolves so he’ll be available now Ramsdale and Raya have returned. 
    Drawn a complete blank here, but who is Macca?
  • edited August 5
    Croydon said:
    Sounds like Potts might be the next signing. Would imagine that one is announced after the next exit.
    Drawn a complete blank here, but who is Macca?
    Probably Macauley Gillesphey
  • same here
  • Steve Mackenzie was the only Macca I could think of
  • Sponsored links:

• People wanting Mannion to be our starting keeper (until January) cannot be serious btw. 

We need someone in as #1. 
    Have to seen him play .. very good keeper and could be no 1 
  • People wanting Mannion to be our starting keeper (until January) cannot be serious btw. 

We need someone in as #1. 
    How many full games have you seen Mannion play?
    Presume I've only seen a couple and I don't remember him.
  • cafc4life said:
    not sure why we'd let him go to teams who we are likely to be competing with too
    Because there the only teams who can match or better the wages he is on 
  • Redhenry said:
    Steve Mackenzie was the only Macca I could think of
    You've forgotten Charlton legend Macauley Bonne
  • Scoham said:
    Reckon they’re still a couple short. One more £90m+ marquee signing should do it
  • edited August 5
    Scoham said:

Lucas Bergstrom wouldn't be a bad shout , had a loan spell with Posh 2 seasons ago before being recalled in the January window. 6ft7 so no probs with the Height Test. 
  • Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t be against Petrovic, Slonina or Bettinelli for a season.
  • Unless there is a specific person they are bringing in, I don’t think offloading Taylor is a very good idea. He was a very highly thought of player before his injury and by all accounts has had a good pre season. 
    Depends on who we'd replace him with.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!