Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:
    Mannion did fine last season in this league. I would give him the No1 spot and see how he goes until January. 
    He played half a season maximum. We need someone who improves us, I don't think we can afford to fuck about til January 
    This. I’m not writing off Mannion but would be concerned going with him and AMB. Even if we sign someone and start with Mannion I’d be happier. If the keeper(s) cost us points and we are off the play offs come January it will have cost us. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Not fussed at losing out on Begovic.  QPR fans were not exactly excited by him and he's definitely on the way down in his career.  Probably would have been an expensive and risky signing
    I believe we are looking at someone but, personally, think it's Mannion's shirt to lose at the moment.  The guy we are looking at would probably expect to be first choice so it could be an interesting battle between the goalies.  Or would it be a headache having 57 varieties of goalie pick from  :D.  We'll leave that for Nathan to decide
    Get your thinking caps on.

Can't think of a keeper named Heinz.
  • I’ve never really seen Lumley so got no judgement on him, just passing it on. Even when Begovic was rumoured to be close he was saying we’ve asked to be told of his availability later in the window. Maybe just a back up option/emergency later in the window 
  • People wanting Mannion to be our starting keeper (until January) cannot be serious btw. 

We need someone in as #1. 
    Whilst I don’t think it’s our intention on having him as our No.1 for the season, I can’t think Jones would have brought him in if he didn’t trust him to play that role. 

No matter who we bring in or when, I feel Mannion should start on Saturday as he has been training all summer with the team/squad.
  • edited August 5
    Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:
    Not fussed at losing out on Begovic.  QPR fans were not exactly excited by him and he's definitely on the way down in his career.  Probably would have been an expensive and risky signing
    I believe we are looking at someone but, personally, think it's Mannion's shirt to lose at the moment.  The guy we are looking at would probably expect to be first choice so it could be an interesting battle between the goalies.  Or would it be a headache having 57 varieties of goalie pick from  :D.  We'll leave that for Nathan to decide

Karl Hein of Arsenal? Did think they wanted to keep him as third choice. Maybe they’ll sign Begovic 😂 
  • edited August 5
    RC_CAFC said:
    People wanting Mannion to be our starting keeper (until January) cannot be serious btw. 

We need someone in as #1. 
    Whilst I don’t think it’s our intention on having him as our No.1 for the season, I can’t think Jones would have brought him in if he didn’t trust him to play that role. 

No matter who we bring in or when, I feel Mannion should start on Saturday as he has been training all summer with the team/squad.
    He's playing the role of #2 keeper which he has done for his entire career. 

Imagine Mannion was signed with the idea he'd be our cup keeper. 
  • There is also an Austrian international called Heinz Lindtner. Mixture of hints available there, Beans and Swiss chocolate. 
  • Cawley saying Begovic is a no goer as finances could not be agreed.
    He wanted 15k a week 
    You can say that again……oh sorry you just did.😹
  • NJ must like Mannion, a bit of worry if we bring in a number 1 and he gets injured if he does not trust him
  • Well lets see what squad number Mannion gets this week

• Sponsored links:

• I am hoping for Iversen from Leicester. 
    can’t see Iversen dropping down to league 1, I’d expect more interest in him from the champ than Walton 

Would be an ideal move, but would expect major championship interest. 
  • There is also an Austrian international called Heinz Lindtner. Mixture of hints available there, Beans and Swiss chocolate. 
    I think @Swisdom was hinting at that earlier with his mention of 57 varieties of keeper!!

• fenaddick said:
    Even if we did want to loan him out, we definitely should not be giving him to clubs that would be considered a promotion rival.
  • edited August 5
    So perhaps Taylor wasn't being 'rested' ahead of the next season... And Jones just doesn't rate him?
  • It’s down to the defence to protect the goalie. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh well, there goes that one. 
  • Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:

Thanks for the assist:

Heinz Muller but I can't tell you my Source !
    6ft 4in and has been at Hannover, Barnsley and Mainz.

All good; wait a mo ?

Ok stand down; Heinz is now 46 years old and has lost his bottle.

I'm going to have to ketchup with who's available.

• fenaddick said:
    Even if we did want to loan him out, we definitely should not be giving him to clubs that would be considered a promotion rival.
    Surely the club wouldn't entertain that sort of move...would they...🙄
  • Anyway, back to the kebabs thread....
  • Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:

It was the first number that came to my head because I had the word varieties in my mind for some reason  :D

• edited August 5
    Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:

Thanks for the assist:

Heinz Muller but I can't tell you my Source !
    6ft 4in and has been at Hannover, Barnsley and Mainz.

All good; wait a mo ?

Ok stand down; Heinz is now 46 years old and has lost his bottle.

I'm going to have to ketchup with who's available.

My German sauce says he is prone to bottling it, especially when the defence is in the brown stuff, but apparently is the daddy when it comes to spot kicks. He has not been playing recently but will ketchup quickly...

Gawd. Is this one of those adding to the sentance games!?
  • fenaddick said:
    Surely the club wouldn't entertain that sort of move...would they...🙄
    If this enabled us to sign another player then yes
  • cafc4life said:
    not sure why we'd let him go to teams who we are likely to be competing with too

So many league 1 teams have Ex CAFC players.
    Some better than others. May and Dobbo are the picks obviously.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!