Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Mannion would've I'm sure been made aware when he signed that we were also looking for another and initially he'll be No 2.....he's got a decent contract and I'm sure will be our No 1 in years to come 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Exactly how Jones said he would be using the loan system, a player that wouldn't be available to us otherwise and is probably set to be one of if not the best goalkeeper in the division. 

Seems so far what Jones says, Jones does.
  • Redhenry said:
    Steve Mackenzie was the only Macca I could think of
    Joe Mclaughlin 
  • Sounds really solid, my best mate is an Arsenal fan and he said he's played a fair bit in pre-season and looked very good, more than happy seeing him back up on the bench for Arsenal, so it sounds like league 1 shouldn't be an issue.

This seems to be a really good move and should save us some wages. Two thumbs up 👍🏻 👍🏻
    We must have the same mate, as my Arsenal supporting mate said the same thing! Easily championship quality. 
  • Scoham said:
    ross1 said:
    According to Arsenal OS, he is on £520,000 a year, assume we will have to pay about 50%.
    Arsenal publish salaries on their OS?
    Sorry, while looking at the OS, it was one of those sites that come up alongside the OS. Obviously not the OS
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    The Arsenal fans on the cesspit that is Twitter all seem very cross and surprised he’s not going on loan to a championship club because of how highly they rate him.
    I mean, you said it. 
  • Scoham said:
    Hein signed a new contract with Arsenal in June when it was about to expire, so if they didn’t rate him at all they could have released him.

Or just gave him a contract to get a fee 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    I never understand the vitriol towards a player for doing exactly what’s best for him and his family’s future security. Why should Fraser cut and run ? If I was him I’d do exactly what he’s doing. Sit it out and see if the club offer to pay a good percentage of his salary, pay him off or a combination of either. He’s a professional footballer selling his talent to the highest bidder. He’s not a Charlton fan, he’s an employee. It would be great for both parties if it gets satisfactorily resolved but if not I don’t see either club or player at fault. 
    I haven't seen any vitriol but I think I can help explain it... Here's my list of footballing priorities:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

As you can see, he's quite low down. Yes, I can see the situation from his side, but should I care? Should I care that he make an extra 2-3k while doing nothing to earn it? Because I don't. I care a lot more that he goes and we bring in a quality player with his salary. Because that could be the difference between getting out of this league or staying in it. 

Had he been a good player for us, I think I'd have a lot more sympathy. 
    I very much doubt that Scott Fraser or Scott Frasers wife and children care very much what your priorities are. 
    I’m sure they all prefer living in Greenwich to Dundee 
    Have you seen Dundee?  It's a beautiful city.  I know we all like to pretend the whole of Scotland is urban wasteland populated with angry alcoholics but just take a look.  I can well understand why someone would want to move from a 3 bed flat in touristy Greenwich to a very large house in Dundee with change left over.
    I used to live very near Dundee.  Some of the surrounding area is lovely .  Dundee itself is not .  
    OK I bow to local knowledge - but I would ask how long it is since you lived there?  I think there has been a fair amount of regeneration...
    A few years but I have a lot of friends that still live there .  The city centre is , by all accounts , not nice . As I say, Fife is lovely .  
    How many city centres around the UK would you actually class as 'nice' though? There can't be many.
    Canterbury, Winchester, Bath, Truro, York, Chester, Edinburgh, Norwich,
    Oxford, Cambridge, Salisbury, Durham, Chichester, Worcester……
    I noticed he didn’t mention Dover.

I understand why. 
     Because Dover is a town ?  :#
  • Wasn’t it made clear by Jones that Mannion would be No.2, if so, not sure he can complain.
    I get you but being number two to a Davies, Ruddy or Begovic is one thing. Being four years senior and being number two to a 22 year old is another. Fwiw I’m sure those saying Hein being number one are correct. No development for Arsenal and Hein sitting it out. 
  • See we’ve morphed into the holiday thread, anyone else been to Mykonos…🤔
    Nope. Been to Crete.

Whilst we're off topic, has anyone bumped into any current squad players on holiday? 
    Been to Athens, Rhodes and Santorini, which was good....
    Athens, Naxos, Thessaloniki, Delphi, Paros, Santorini. 

• Arsenal mate sent me this, all pointing towards him being our Number 1...
  • Will he be the first Estonian to play for us? 
    Didn’t Charlie Methven go to that school ?
    Brilliant 👏👏
  • Swisdom said:
    I was surprised my little hint got swallowed up so quickly but he’s a very exciting player potentially 

to have so many international caps means he must have something about him 

big bugger too
    Or Estonia has only one decent keeper. 
  • I watched his highlights in their recent pre-season friendly vs Bournemouth - interestingly he wasn't great with his feet for an Arsenal keeper, I think the first 2 minutes of the video are him booting the ball out of play while under no pressure. 

He made a couple of good saves and was the hero in the penalty shootout, you can see he will be a good player in the future. I'm not sure how good he'll be as a number 1 at first-team level, but he's got pedigree. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    I was surprised my little hint got swallowed up so quickly but he’s a very exciting player potentially 

to have so many international caps means he must have something about him 

big bugger too
    sorry, I was on the ball yesterday! 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    I never understand the vitriol towards a player for doing exactly what’s best for him and his family’s future security. Why should Fraser cut and run ? If I was him I’d do exactly what he’s doing. Sit it out and see if the club offer to pay a good percentage of his salary, pay him off or a combination of either. He’s a professional footballer selling his talent to the highest bidder. He’s not a Charlton fan, he’s an employee. It would be great for both parties if it gets satisfactorily resolved but if not I don’t see either club or player at fault. 
    I haven't seen any vitriol but I think I can help explain it... Here's my list of footballing priorities:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

As you can see, he's quite low down. Yes, I can see the situation from his side, but should I care? Should I care that he make an extra 2-3k while doing nothing to earn it? Because I don't. I care a lot more that he goes and we bring in a quality player with his salary. Because that could be the difference between getting out of this league or staying in it. 

Had he been a good player for us, I think I'd have a lot more sympathy. 
    I very much doubt that Scott Fraser or Scott Frasers wife and children care very much what your priorities are. 
    I’m sure they all prefer living in Greenwich to Dundee 
    Have you seen Dundee?  It's a beautiful city.  I know we all like to pretend the whole of Scotland is urban wasteland populated with angry alcoholics but just take a look.  I can well understand why someone would want to move from a 3 bed flat in touristy Greenwich to a very large house in Dundee with change left over.
    I used to live very near Dundee.  Some of the surrounding area is lovely .  Dundee itself is not .  
    OK I bow to local knowledge - but I would ask how long it is since you lived there?  I think there has been a fair amount of regeneration...
    A few years but I have a lot of friends that still live there .  The city centre is , by all accounts , not nice . As I say, Fife is lovely .  
    How many city centres around the UK would you actually class as 'nice' though? There can't be many.
    Canterbury, Winchester, Bath, Truro, York, Chester, Edinburgh, Norwich,
    Oxford, Cambridge, Salisbury, Durham, Chichester, Worcester……
    I noticed he didn’t mention Dover.

I understand why. 
     Because Dover is a town ?  :#
    Very good. I actually meant because it’s vile. 
  • Feel much more optimistic about Hein than I do about Begovic.

I don’t think Jones would agree to it if there wasn’t a chance that it could be made permanent in 12 months time either.
  • Agree, you would have thought we have a chance of perm if we get promoted
  • Redhenry said:
    Agree, you would have thought we have a chance of perm if we get promoted
    Or the player coming back on loan in the Championship, if Arsenal didn't want to sell him. 
  • Leuth said:
    Mannion fully understood the situation from before he signed. The idea that he'll be pissed off at this development is a nonsense. We signed him because Jones trusts him to be the guy in an emergency, but we signed him as the number 2
    Mannion will still probably start on Saturday, if he does well then he might be able to keep the spot initially. If he does well, gets a clean sheet, and still gets dropped then he might be a bit pissed 
  • I watched his highlights in their recent pre-season friendly vs Bournemouth - interestingly he wasn't great with his feet for an Arsenal keeper, I think the first 2 minutes of the video are him booting the ball out of play while under no pressure. 

He made a couple of good saves and was the hero in the penalty shootout, you can see he will be a good player in the future. I'm not sure how good he'll be as a number 1 at first-team level, but he's got pedigree. 
    Who is he meant to be passing it out to for us ? If he commands his box and saves shots , that’s good enough for me . 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!