Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited August 6
    See we’ve morphed into the holiday thread, anyone else been to Mykonos…🤔
    Nope. Been to Crete.

Whilst we're off topic, has anyone bumped into any current squad players on holiday? 
    Been to Athens, Rhodes and Santorini, which was good....
    Was in Santorini 3 weeks ago 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Sure AMB will be well chuffed at the moment... 🤔
    Don’t think he will be in the plans much longer. Hasn’t lived up to the hype he had. Think that MacLorg will be third keeper 
    It’s time for AMB to move on but it wouldn’t enormously surprise me if he rehabilitated somewhere else .  
    Hopefully a League 2 season long loan .. I still have faith he will make it

• At least we're trying to get someone decent instead buying from the normal jumble sales.
    Perhaps we're aiming just a little too high. Its great to be ambitious but if your targets are signing for Premier League & La Liga sides then you might just need to lower your sights a tad. 
  • At least we're trying to get someone decent instead buying from the normal jumble sales.
    Perhaps we're aiming just a little too high. Its great to be ambitious but if your targets are signing for Premier League & La Liga sides then you might just need to lower your sights a tad. 
    I don't think we were aiming too high in this case, he was set to join us. We just left it a little bit too long, not helped by the faffing from Davies and Begovic insisting on too much money. If we'd been able to get to the stage we were at a few days earlier I think we'd have had him
  • Skipped a few pages what happened with Begovic? Has he gone elsewhere or we just been told its not happening?
  • Walton - no

Davies - no

Sinisalo - no

Begovic - no

Hein - no

Any others we’ve been linked with who’ve gone elsewhere? I did say it was a really weird summer for goalkeepers.
    Neville Southall is available, would be difficult to get past him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Skipped a few pages what happened with Begovic? Has he gone elsewhere or we just been told its not happening?

Not happening because of wages. 
  • Kap10 said:
    Walton - no

Davies - no

Sinisalo - no

Begovic - no

Hein - no

Any others we’ve been linked with who’ve gone elsewhere? I did say it was a really weird summer for goalkeepers.
    Neville Southall is available, would be difficult to get past him.
    Would also be difficult to get him out of the dressing room door.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Skipped a few pages what happened with Begovic? Has he gone elsewhere or we just been told its not happening?

Not happening because of wages. 
    This is one that if he don’t get a club by end of the window he will come crawling back and accept our offer ..we will have filled the position by then .
  • Heading inexorably to a standard Charlton transfer window wimper...

Happy with the start, directionless in the middle and frustrated at the end. Overall a long drawn out process.

It doesn’t shut for another 3 and a half weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

Happy with the start, directionless in the middle and frustrated at the end. Overall a long drawn out process.

Has the window shut today ? 
  • If you take the average, the consensus is as we stand we sneak into playoffs
  • F***ed again

Has the window shut today ? 
    Give it a rest please !!!

• sam3110 said:
    If you take the average, the consensus is as we stand we sneak into playoffs
    Ranking the averages gives a top 7 as Birmingham, followed by Huddersfield, Rotherham and Bolton, followed by ourselves, Peterborough and Lincoln.

Or, if you want a really good goalie you pay really good wages.
    Just saying.
  • Southbank said:
    F***ed again
    Foiled again…😉
  • Maybe one of the questions to ask new recruits is about Kebabs…Donor, Shiah, Kofte with or without chillie sauce and where is their favourite kebab house?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!