Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Will it be 3rd time lucky for our next try at getting a Keeper in ?
    Financial for Begovic and Valladolid in NW Spain appearing to be the better option for Hein.

Keepers know there's always competition for the Jersey but this can't be helping Will Mannion to feel he's the man. 

A London club must be attractive to some decent keeper !
    Pretty sure he was brought in with the knowledge he'd be competing with a number 1. 

Hopefully we get in someone that gives him some real work to compete with, but the longer this drags on, the more I can see it being an easier job for William. 
  • Scoham said:
    PopIcon said:
    "Palace want the loan club to pay all of his wages as well as paying a loan fee in order to stand a chance of landing the winger."

Is that normal these days for the most sought after players for loan club to pay 100% wages and a fee? 
    If true, doesn’t that imply that Palace reckon the player is worth a lot more than they are paying him ?  Isn’t that where the agent earns their money and finds a new club ?
    I think it’s more that a player like JRS will have plenty of interest and there will be clubs willing to pay a fee on top of his wages.
    Indeed. It's much like buying the player on a one season contract, I suppose.

• We are looking at the right calibre of targets and it’s not like they are pretending to go for players out of our reach as it sounded like it was close to being a done deal. Plenty of time left and happy with Mannion over pre season especially if it’s just to step in for a game or two. 
    Financial for Begovic and Valladolid in NW Spain appearing to be the better option for Hein.

Keepers know there's always competition for the Jersey but this can't be helping Will Mannion to feel he's the man. 

He was never “the man” as so many keep saying, he was always the No.2
  • If a player does not want to join us then we don’t want him .. simple . We are ok in the keeper department there no panic we don’t need a keeper for Saturday … we lost out on two keepers one went to Celtic and one gone to play in the top league in Spain .. yet there are clowns blaming the club !!!!
    Have a day off you plum 
    Fat chance of that 72. 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• arny23394 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Moderator, please get Ronnie Moore off this site NOW !!
    I can’t believe people are still responding to him. He’s been wumming for about 15 years now, ignore him and he’ll soon piss off. 
    He won't.
  • seth plum said:
    @RonnieMoore does not seem to continually personally put down and abuse other posters, but the usual suspects continually abuse and put down @RonnieMoore.
    I have never read anything he has written that it seems to me would justify a ban, but bullying and piling onto him does not seem to justify a ban either.
    Back in the day this song was quite popular, the spirit lives on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7KU50IY34
    Behave yourself, good grief.
  • arny23394 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Moderator, please get Ronnie Moore off this site NOW !!
    I can’t believe people are still responding to him. He’s been wumming for about 15 years now, ignore him and he’ll soon piss off. 
    Well, as you say he's been doing it for 15 years, been banned numerous times (rightly) but he desperately craves the attention so regardless of whether he is ignored and called out he will come back every time, rehashing and often cutting and pasting (without crediting the source) what he reads elsewhere so as to appear ITK.
    Correct….he is like a cold sore that won’t go away.
    Some say ignore him…….I can assure you that won’t stop him……never in a million years!
    He deliberately comes on here with the sole intention of winding us up…..he even posted on “the forum who’s name shall not be mentioned” that that was his sole intention and it was his idea of great fun.
    Now, I am fully appreciative of the way this forum is both run and moderated but for the life of me I cannot understand for one moment that this irritating prat is not (at the very least), given a final warning or preferably given a permanent ban.
    What does he add to the content……very little apart from boring the life out of us all and pissing people off, he is playing games and actively demeaning something of which we are all very proud.
    To allow a 100% full on troll to run free on our much loved forum is to me baffling to say the least.
    Do something about it guys or at least explain to us the reason you allow his childish nonsense to continue unabated?
    It’s truly mystifying.🧐
    Live, love, laugh and be happy.
  • I think we need a first choice goalie…🥸
  • It seems some goalies prefer to be career number 2's / 3's than being regulars.

I have been impressed with the calibre of keeper we have enquired about. Any of them would have been suitable as a clear number 1.

A couple more names to throw into the mix

Scott Bain Celtic. He really impressed me in our friendly against the Hoops a few seasons ago. Now number 3 at Parkhead although he seems to be their 3rd keeper in Europe .

Jack Bonham Stoke. With the Potters signing Johansson, would he fancy being first choice somewhere? 
  • _MrDick said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
    I can assure you he’s not. He’s just a very passionate Charlton fan. I know his wife and met him socially several years ago. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea in which just ignore what he says. Otherwise lay off the Jibes as it’s just a form of bullying and totally unnecessary 
    Welease Wonnie ! 
  • Seriously, I don't think banning Ronnie is a very good idea, he may wind you up but there have been individual moments for all of us where we have probably gone too far, just let him post and ignore if it bothers you. 
  • If Mannion does default into becoming No. 1 keeper, who is the youth squad goalie most likely to be 3rd choice? AMB presumably won't go anywhere now at least until we've signed one more but as it stands who goes on the bench if Mannion is injured/suspended?

He was never “the man” as so many keep saying, he was always the No.2

From the point of view of this first match at Wigan he has the Jersey and he will want to prove he deserves to be the 1st team keeper.
    I don't know how ambitious Will Mannion is but I hope at 26 he would rather play than just train and watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyway, transfer rumours….
  • leave Ronnie alone, if you don't like what he writes then don't read it, he is harmless and there are far worse in this world that a few Ronnieremarks.
    I met him on a Monday and his name was Ron
    Da doo Ron Ron Ron
    Da doo Ron Ron Ron

I knew what he was doing when he caught my eye
    Da doo Ron-Ron-Ron, Da doo Ron-Ron
  • thenewbie said:
    If Mannion does default into becoming No. 1 keeper, who is the youth squad goalie most likely to be 3rd choice? AMB presumably won't go anywhere now at least until we've signed one more but as it stands who goes on the bench if Mannion is injured/suspended?
    Imagine it would be Maclorg
  • fenaddick said:
    thenewbie said:
    If Mannion does default into becoming No. 1 keeper, who is the youth squad goalie most likely to be 3rd choice? AMB presumably won't go anywhere now at least until we've signed one more but as it stands who goes on the bench if Mannion is injured/suspended?
    Imagine it would be Maclorg
    He looks barely over six feet tall.
  • Would like to see another keeper but was very impressed with Mannion when we played Cambridge at the end of the season thought he was vocal and commanding so wouldn’t be too worried if he was our No 1. Think the other keepers we were linked with would had been good with the exception of Bergovic who I think may be well past his best.
  • Anyway, transfer rumours….

None of them round here mate, we have young Dixon, Dan Potts & an unnamed goalkeeper and from the noises of those ITK, that seems to be our lot this year! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!