Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Perhaps when the next platform update is considered functionality which enables users to block/hide other posters who they do not wish to read could be introduced? That functionality exists on other mediums so may be possible through this platform?
  • shirty5 said:
    I think I preferred it when we did most of our business in a panic at the back end of the transfer window. Bringing in players early makes the off season so boring.

Depressing when you have go on Wikipedia to remember the names of 2 players signed a year ago!
    Only 2?
  • Chizz said:
    No more posts about RM please, some of you are embarrassing yourselves. No one will ever be excluded off the back of public calls from other posters to ban them. Please keep this thread football / rumours related. Thanks 

Can I just say 
  • No more posts about RM please, some of you are embarrassing yourselves. No one will ever be excluded off the back of public calls from other posters to ban them. Please keep this thread football / rumours related. Thanks 
    Hala Madrid
  • CafcSteve said:
    Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
    Really …. why I have been going to the valley since 1968 then ???? 
    Only since 1968?

I dunno, you're just a Johnny-come-lately 😏 

• CafcSteve said:
    I guess because you are a glutton for punishment like the rest of us.
  • Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

That makes two of us then…🤔
  • Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

Just done a double take on your username, Mr East Terrace.

Methinks that the 6168 translates to 6th January 1968, the day when Alan Campbell skipped past 3 tackles to score our winner against Millwall.

Your first game, I'm guessing? 🤔 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

Methinks that the 6168 translates to 6th January 1968, the day when Alan Campbell skipped past 3 tackles to score our winner against Millwall.

Spot on Oggy, in fact confession time, i went supporting Millwall…🤫
    But that was because it was my first match, and all my mates were Addicks, then the following match we drew 3-3 with QPR, and the rest as they say is history, now what would have happened had we lost, well, we will never know will we…😏

• edited August 7
    shirty5 said:
    I think I preferred it when we did most of our business in a panic at the back end of the transfer window. Bringing in players early makes the off season so boring.

Depressing when you have go on Wikipedia to remember the names of 2 players signed a year ago!
    Someone help me I'm struggling. Louise Watson is one 
  • shirty5 said:

1️⃣0️⃣👀
  • edited August 7
    seth plum said:
    RonnieMoore does not seem to continually personally put down and abuse other posters, but the usual suspects continually abuse and put down RonnieMoore.
    I have never read anything he has written that it seems to me would justify a ban, but bullying and piling onto him does not seem to justify a ban either.
    Back in the day this song was quite popular, the spirit lives on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7KU50IY34
    2nd post of yours I've liked in as many days, you must be coming round to my way of thinking. 😉 
  • shirty5 said:

Watson, Tedic, Tennai and Abankwah
  • The transfer’s been Invalladolidated 
    Fine work
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

But that was because it was my first match, and all my mates were Addicks, then the following match we drew 3-3 with QPR, and the rest as they say is history, now what would have happened had we lost, well, we will never know will we…😏

You were a closet Spanner? 😳

Well, at least you finally saw sense. 
    That QPR game was special too - our 10 men, our kid debut keeper in hospital, and losing 3-1 with 4 minutes left against top of the  League QPR.

Then Wally, Wally, Wally Went scored with a header from a corner. And who can forget Keithy Peacock streaking through and firing home the last kick of the game equaliser. 

Proper atmosphere in those days. Grandstand Finish, we used to call it.
    Aye, lad. You try telling the kids of today and they won't believe you 😏

• shirty5 said:

Watson, Tedic, Tennai and Abankwah
    Ah, don't spoil it!

It wasn't even 12 months ago - and most of us right now were still trying to guess who they were. 

• Sponsored links:

• Ted Bishop gone to Colchester
  • The transfer’s been Invalladolidated 
    Genius!

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

That QPR game was special too - our 10 men, our kid debut keeper in hospital, and losing 3-1 with 4 minutes left against top of the  League QPR.

Then Wally, Wally, Wally Went scored with a header from a corner. And who can forget Keithy Peacock streaking through and firing home the last kick of the game equaliser. 

Well, I only went supporting that lot as a wind up to my mates, and to be different, but as you say, saw sense in the end after that.
    But, couldn’t have gone any better or two better matches to start my Addicks mission that those two, great memories 👍
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

Well, I only went supporting that lot as a wind up to my mates, and to be different, but as you say, saw sense in the end after that.
    But, couldn’t have gone any better or two better matches to start my Addicks mission that those two, great memories 👍
    It was a false dawn, ET. 

Think of the pain we have endured ever since.

• Why decline a contract at Lincoln to sign for Colchester?
    I'd imagine because he thought he'd get a contract with us, the guy spent 3 weeks here and was flown out to Slovenia for a week with us, I would imagine he was very confident in getting a deal, and maybe the club was similar and we just couldn't come to terms on the contract 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!