Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Why decline a contract at Lincoln to sign for Colchester?
    Will probably earn more money at Colchester being their star player contract than Lincoln on a squad player contract
  • Why decline a contract at Lincoln to sign for Colchester?
    The player will have good reasons. 

The Cowley brothers have rocked up at Colchester, made some very decent signings and aiming for promotion. 

Perhaps they've convinced him he'll be a key part of their 'project'. 

• CafcSteve said:
    Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
    Really …. why I have been going to the valley since 1968 then ???? 
    To see the 3.4 home defeat quite obviously, you slippery customer you ! Ronnie, I'm warming to you, you've suffered as long as me. Write what you like Ronnie, trust me you've earned the right. 
  • Colchester is good geographically for him, but yes surprising that he's dropped down to L2.
  • Bailey said:
    CafcSteve said:
    To see the 3.4 home defeat quite obviously, you slippery customer you ! Ronnie, I'm warming to you, you've suffered as long as me. Write what you like Ronnie, trust me you've earned the right. 
    Ah, Keith Peacock scoring in the 2nd minute against the Scum. Who knew it was going to go so badly.

• I think I preferred it when we did most of our business in a panic at the back end of the transfer window. Bringing in players early makes the off season so boring.
    To be fair we are without a first choice goalkeeper 3 days before the first match of the season.
  • shirty5 said:
    Teddy Bishop has joined Colchester on a 2 year contract 

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/august/07/teddy-bishop-signs-for-col-u/
    Marquee signing for them at that level, and mildly embarrassing after declining a longer stay at Lincoln.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bailey said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Ah, Keith Peacock scoring in the 2nd minute against the Scum. Who knew it was going to go so badly.

I didn't start to suffer till we beat Huddersfield at home one nil Oggy, Mum wouldn't let me go. Then league and home cup games against Palace and I was hooked, I often think back to how smart my Mum really was. 
  • edited August 7
    Gribbo said:
    Why decline a contract at Lincoln to sign for Colchester?
    Birds. Much fitter birds in Colchester than Lincoln.
    Eleven fingers as opposed to the full twelve 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Cheers mate … remember Derek Hales saying we have to score 4 to draw lol … Goldstone Ground doing the conga when we were 7-1 down…. I still own Ronnie Moore big toe I think but he was a great lad and come and done a player presentation for my father in law football team ( he brought his son along as we know went on to  be a professional footballer ) … back in them days we never won away game I think I went two years without seeing an away win … 

but did we moan no we did not .. we supported the team no matter what 
    You would do, you are Ronnie Moore.
  • CafcSteve said:
    Because you are Stuwall and the seat allocated to your season ticket has been sold all those years?
  • edited August 7
    shirty5 said:
    Ted Bishop has joined Colchester on a 2 year contract 

• Scoham said:
    Fraser is from Dundee so fingers crossed 🙏🏾
  • Worth listening for all those who think the owners should be spending big money on players.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jgmg8y
  • I think I preferred it when we did most of our business in a panic at the back end of the transfer window. Bringing in players early makes the off season so boring.
    To be fair we are without a first choice goalkeeper 3 days before the first match of the season.
    We spent the last two seasons without a first choice goalkeeper! Mannion is better than what we’ve had. 
  • Bauer still available 
  • Uboat said:
    Gribbo said:
    Why decline a contract at Lincoln to sign for Colchester?
    Birds. Much fitter birds in Colchester than Lincoln.
    Eleven fingers as opposed to the full twelve 
    Are you talking pink AND brown?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 8
    ross1 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Only since 1968?

I dunno, you're just a Johnny-come-lately 😏 

That makes two of us then…🤔
    Just done a double take on your username, Mr East Terrace.

Methinks that the 6168 translates to 6th January 1968, the day when Alan Campbell skipped past 3 tackles to score our winner against Millwall.

Your first game, I'm guessing? 🤔 
    Spot on Oggy, in fact confession time, i went supporting Millwall…🤫
    But that was because it was my first match, and all my mates were Addicks, then the following match we drew 3-3 with QPR, and the rest as they say is history, now what would have happened had we lost, well, we will never know will we…😏

Let me get this right, you went supporting Millwall and we won, now you support Charlton we always lose to them. May I make a suggestion, could you go back to supporting Millwall 🤣
    Could have a point there Ross, didn’t realise that I wielded that much power and influence…🤔

on second thoughts…F’ORF…👎
  • Ness and Fraser were involved in the content video, they released today, which suggests nothing is imminent 
  • sam3110 said:
    Ness and Fraser were involved in the content video, they released today, which suggests nothing is imminent 
    You still need to film them, looks odd if you don’t.

• sam3110 said:
    Bauer still available 
    Don't need him in any way, shape or form though, we need a decent, left-sided central defender 
    Not saying I’d sign Bauer but wouldn’t be against signing another central one for competition with Jones. I rate Z.Mitchell but not sure there’s much point in him staying as 6th choice CB. Appreciate swapping him for someone like Bauer is a bit of an unnecessary cost 
  • Didnt want Bishop tbh he would have been a decent squad player but very similar to what we already have think if we are to bring another in they need to be of higher quality who brings more Goals and assists to the team
    We don't have anyone in central midfield who can dribble with the ball and drive forward like Parker/Holmes/Aribo used to drag the team up the pitch. Something Bishop was good at. 
  • Thought that Mannion was meant to be an improvement on the previous two, even if he's not intended to be out permanent No. 1?
  • Given the troubles we are having landing an additional goalkeeper I'd suggest any Lifers that fancy themselves as a keeper rock-up to Sparrows Lane with their boots and gloves and try a Saša Ilić.  ;) 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!