Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited August 2
    Scott Fraser has known his future at the Valley was over at least 8 months ago. Has has had that amount of time to engineer a move, but barely got off the bench for Hearts, so didnt really play or train for a move. 

I'd tell him he can train with kids until his contract is up, and let it sink in how desirable a 30yo unfit, luxury midfielder is in a years time.

I'd rather pay to undermine these hostage-takers rather than subsidise their dream move.
    So you’re proposing to “punish” Fraser for what misdemeanour exactly ? 
    DFTT
    I try think a troll is someone who unfairly attacks another poster on social media. 

Please take a look in the mirror Ben.
  • Disappointing that we will play our final preseason game with two No 2 goalkeepers as the options, but Hamer came in fairly late in summer 2011, and that worked out fine 
    How many do you need  one in goal one on the bench 
    His point is that neither are good enough for a promotion chasing team. However, we have stacks of other players who aren't good enough for a place in the xi, so they're in good company.
  • Scott Fraser has known his future at the Valley was over at least 8 months ago. Has has had that amount of time to engineer a move, but barely got off the bench for Hearts, so didnt really play or train for a move. 

I'd tell him he can train with kids until his contract is up, and let it sink in how desirable a 30yo unfit, luxury midfielder is in a years time.

I'd rather pay to undermine these hostage-takers rather than subsidise their dream move.
    DFTT
    I try think a troll is someone who unfairly attacks another poster on social media. 

"A person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content. Internet trolls. In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities".
  • Scott Fraser has known his future at the Valley was over at least 8 months ago. Has has had that amount of time to engineer a move, but barely got off the bench for Hearts, so didnt really play or train for a move. 

DFTT

"A person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content. Internet trolls. In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities".

• edited August 2
    Fraser is our highest paid player, £7.2k on sites I've seen.  He prefers to pocket his wage rather than move on, despite us subsidising a half season loan deal.

I'm not sure how that is inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive.  It is fact.  

Many posters have said we need a No10 (not me) but how many want Scott to line up against Barnsley?

So define 'troll' in my context.
  • edited August 2
    We offered Fraser a wage he had arguably earned at that time. The fact he has done nothing to justify it is mostly down to him.
  • I had hoped that NJ would be able to utilise Fraser in some sort of plan B but he seems to have made his mind up that the player is surplus.
    In the circumstances we all want him gone but the player holds all the aces whether we like it or not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect that Begovic and Potts are probably still on the radar but we need to do some book balancing exercises first to free up wages - Bishop possibly in the same situation but might have either been told its a no go or doesn't want to wait and see/fancies his chances elsewhere (which honestly is fair enough.)

After a burst of (positive) transfer activity we seem to have hit a bit of a lull so it will interesting to see who of our remaining players do end up elsewhere or if the owners decide to take the plunge of paying up contracts fully or in part to force the issue 

DFTT

• My guess is it’s more the club holding up things by trying to get the best possible deal.

I expect he won’t leave permanently as no club in Scotland will pay him anywhere near what we are.

Therefore it’ll be a loan and the club will be trying to negotiate the highest %. If we only have offers of say 10-30% we might be holding off hoping a club will get desperate for a signing and increase that.

I don’t see us paying him off as it’ll be better to loan him out, even if the other club only pays a tiny % of his wages. 

Maybe it’ll be reassessed in January when he’ll only have 6 months to go and might have clubs talking to him about a permanent deal.
  • Any chance of a signing reveal at the Valley this afternoon? Begovic or the young Jamaican player? Always like this type of approach particularly for the youngsters in the crowd. 
  • Any chance of a signing reveal at the Valley this afternoon? Begovic or the young Jamaican player? Always like this type of approach particularly for the youngsters in the crowd. 
    No chance, sorry.
  • Surely Dixons visa must been done by now 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Surely Dixons visa must been done by now 
    Relying on the UK Home Office to process it, so if we’re lucky we might get him before the deadline at the end of the month 
  • NabySarr said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Relying on the UK Home Office to process it, so if we’re lucky we might get him before the deadline at the end of the month 
    And that's if the Home Office doesn't get torched by EDL thugs. Oops, my tongue slipped. Mods! Arraign this fool
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton transfer rumour:
    Fraser will go to a Scottish Championship side and CAFC will pay 60% of 

load of rubbish no way would we agree to that 
  • Charlton transfer rumour:
    Fraser will go to a Scottish Championship side and CAFC will pay 60% of 

load of rubbish no way would we agree to that 
    The 60% part probably won’t be far off..
  • NabySarr said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Leuth said:
    NabySarr said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    And that's if the Home Office doesn't get torched by EDL thugs. Oops, my tongue slipped. Mods! Arraign this fool
    It's not down to the Home Office.  The FA is a designated organisation and issues a "Governing Body Endorsement" if the criteria are met. (This is a points based system but you can get a couple of players in who don't have the appropriate number of points.)

See more here if you are interested. https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/points-based-system

So we'll be waiting on the FA  - which is likely to take longer than the Home Office being burnt to the ground.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    I never understand the vitriol towards a player for doing exactly what’s best for him and his family’s future security. Why should Fraser cut and run ? If I was him I’d do exactly what he’s doing. Sit it out and see if the club offer to pay a good percentage of his salary, pay him off or a combination of either. He’s a professional footballer selling his talent to the highest bidder. He’s not a Charlton fan, he’s an employee. It would be great for both parties if it gets satisfactorily resolved but if not I don’t see either club or player at fault. 
    I haven't seen any vitriol but I think I can help explain it... Here's my list of footballing priorities:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

As you can see, he's quite low down. Yes, I can see the situation from his side, but should I care? Should I care that he make an extra 2-3k while doing nothing to earn it? Because I don't. I care a lot more that he goes and we bring in a quality player with his salary. Because that could be the difference between getting out of this league or staying in it. 

Had he been a good player for us, I think I'd have a lot more sympathy. 
    I very much doubt that Scott Fraser or Scott Frasers wife and children care very much what your priorities are. 
    I’m sure they all prefer living in Greenwich to Dundee 
    Have you seen Dundee?  It's a beautiful city.  I know we all like to pretend the whole of Scotland is urban wasteland populated with angry alcoholics but just take a look.  I can well understand why someone would want to move from a 3 bed flat in touristy Greenwich to a very large house in Dundee with change left over.
    I used to live very near Dundee.  Some of the surrounding area is lovely .  Dundee itself is not .  
  • It’s the crocodiles that would put me off.
    Too much cake for me!
  • It is not Fraser's fault he was offered his contract. What I suspect is that he isn't trying hard enough to earn it. I may be wrong but if I am right, he deserves critisim.
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    I never understand the vitriol towards a player for doing exactly what’s best for him and his family’s future security. Why should Fraser cut and run ? If I was him I’d do exactly what he’s doing. Sit it out and see if the club offer to pay a good percentage of his salary, pay him off or a combination of either. He’s a professional footballer selling his talent to the highest bidder. He’s not a Charlton fan, he’s an employee. It would be great for both parties if it gets satisfactorily resolved but if not I don’t see either club or player at fault. 
    I haven't seen any vitriol but I think I can help explain it... Here's my list of footballing priorities:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

As you can see, he's quite low down. Yes, I can see the situation from his side, but should I care? Should I care that he make an extra 2-3k while doing nothing to earn it? Because I don't. I care a lot more that he goes and we bring in a quality player with his salary. Because that could be the difference between getting out of this league or staying in it. 

Had he been a good player for us, I think I'd have a lot more sympathy. 
    I very much doubt that Scott Fraser or Scott Frasers wife and children care very much what your priorities are. 
    I’m sure they all prefer living in Greenwich to Dundee 
    Have you seen Dundee?  It's a beautiful city.  I know we all like to pretend the whole of Scotland is urban wasteland populated with angry alcoholics but just take a look.  I can well understand why someone would want to move from a 3 bed flat in touristy Greenwich to a very large house in Dundee with change left over.
    I used to live very near Dundee.  Some of the surrounding area is lovely .  Dundee itself is not .  
    OK I bow to local knowledge - but I would ask how long it is since you lived there?  I think there has been a fair amount of regeneration...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!