Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    I never understand the vitriol towards a player for doing exactly what’s best for him and his family’s future security. Why should Fraser cut and run ? If I was him I’d do exactly what he’s doing. Sit it out and see if the club offer to pay a good percentage of his salary, pay him off or a combination of either. He’s a professional footballer selling his talent to the highest bidder. He’s not a Charlton fan, he’s an employee. It would be great for both parties if it gets satisfactorily resolved but if not I don’t see either club or player at fault. 
    I haven't seen any vitriol but I think I can help explain it... Here's my list of footballing priorities:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

As you can see, he's quite low down. Yes, I can see the situation from his side, but should I care? Should I care that he make an extra 2-3k while doing nothing to earn it? Because I don't. I care a lot more that he goes and we bring in a quality player with his salary. Because that could be the difference between getting out of this league or staying in it. 

Had he been a good player for us, I think I'd have a lot more sympathy. 
    I very much doubt that Scott Fraser or Scott Frasers wife and children care very much what your priorities are. 
    I’m sure they all prefer living in Greenwich to Dundee 
    Have you seen Dundee?  It's a beautiful city.  I know we all like to pretend the whole of Scotland is urban wasteland populated with angry alcoholics but just take a look.  I can well understand why someone would want to move from a 3 bed flat in touristy Greenwich to a very large house in Dundee with change left over.
    I used to live very near Dundee.  Some of the surrounding area is lovely .  Dundee itself is not .  
    Decent golf courses around there too. Carnoustie & even.St Andrew's aren't that far. 
  • edited August 3
    Fraser shit left in limbo 
    Alfie May decent had buyers 
    it’s football one wanted to stay the manager wanted neither 

footballers have limited time to earn and unbelievably like in real life they pay tax on their wages, they have a cost of living , mortgages and rent aren’t free and some have family’s to help fund , the wages some of these fellas are on whilst more than decent will disappear like a puff of smoke by the time they are out of the game for a few years , so they have to make hay while the sun shines .
    i know I would , so realistically no one is walking away from whatever over paid contract our club put in front of them .

just pay up Charlton , we made the bad trade cut our losses and move on , it’s not rocket science .
    But it's not just about their worth as players, it's also because Fraser wants to return to Scotland, which massively reduces the number of clubs who would be interested in him and pay him the sort of salary he'd want.

If Fraser had just wanted to leave us, he'd have moved a long time ago. Several clubs in L1 would take him, as in the right sort of system he's still a decent player, and would either pay him enough for him to be happy to leave permanently OR offer us a more appealing loan deal, paying more of his salary than the Scottish clubs could.
  • Kap10 said:
    Any chance we can move this chat on from discussing Scott Fraser every 5 minutes?
    But I paid for a 10 minute argument
    Not the full half an hour? 

• Can't he just fuck off to near Scotland? Anywhere north of Watford...
  • sam3110 said:
    Can't he just fuck off to near Scotland? Anywhere north of Watford...
    that is Scotland isn't it?
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    I never understand the vitriol towards a player for doing exactly what’s best for him and his family’s future security. Why should Fraser cut and run ? If I was him I’d do exactly what he’s doing. Sit it out and see if the club offer to pay a good percentage of his salary, pay him off or a combination of either. He’s a professional footballer selling his talent to the highest bidder. He’s not a Charlton fan, he’s an employee. It would be great for both parties if it gets satisfactorily resolved but if not I don’t see either club or player at fault. 
    I haven't seen any vitriol but I think I can help explain it... Here's my list of footballing priorities:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

As you can see, he's quite low down. Yes, I can see the situation from his side, but should I care? Should I care that he make an extra 2-3k while doing nothing to earn it? Because I don't. I care a lot more that he goes and we bring in a quality player with his salary. Because that could be the difference between getting out of this league or staying in it. 

I very much doubt that Scott Fraser or Scott Frasers wife and children care very much what your priorities are. 
    Have you seen Dundee?  It's a beautiful city.  I know we all like to pretend the whole of Scotland is urban wasteland populated with angry alcoholics but just take a look.  I can well understand why someone would want to move from a 3 bed flat in touristy Greenwich to a very large house in Dundee with change left over.
    I used to live very near Dundee.  Some of the surrounding area is lovely .  Dundee itself is not .  
    OK I bow to local knowledge - but I would ask how long it is since you lived there?  I think there has been a fair amount of regeneration...
    A few years but I have a lot of friends that still live there .  The city centre is , by all accounts , not nice . As I say, Fife is lovely .  
  • edited August 3
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

1) Charlton
    (Then everything else)
    4247) Scott Fraser

OK I bow to local knowledge - but I would ask how long it is since you lived there?  I think there has been a fair amount of regeneration...
    A few years but I have a lot of friends that still live there .  The city centre is , by all accounts , not nice . As I say, Fife is lovely .  
    That's a shame - they've managed to make it look like Hampstead Village on some of the photos online.
  • sam3110 said:
    Can't he just fuck off to near Scotland? Anywhere north of Watford...
    That would have done 
  • Any chance we can move this chat on from discussing Scott Fraser every 5 minutes?
    Now you’ve done it, expect the inquisition to pay you a visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• I firmly believe Nathan Jones is the man to take the club forward, but the fact we're struggling to move players on as nobody else seems to want out deadwood shows how poor the club's recruitment has been for the past 2 or 3 seasons

Can we not just ask Burton?

• I’m rather hoping Swisdom will come on and give us some inside information gleaned today. 
  • edited August 3
    Any chance we can move this chat on from discussing Scott Fraser every 5 minutes?
    No-one expects the Charlton Inquisition!

• Any chance we can move this chat on from discussing Scott Fraser every 5 minutes?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKQ_sQKBASM
  • edited August 3
  • Sponsored links:

• We have 6 wingbacks. Added to that he has Edmonds-Green who can play wing-back as well as centre-back. 

On the right Jones seems to be giving more minutes to Ramsey and Watson and on the left to Edwards and Small. I would hope he is looking to get a season long loan fixed up for Asiimwe and potentially a permanent move for Edun, plus somehow getting Fraser out of the door.
    Ness for a loan or perm too I suspect with the number of CBs we now have and Zach Mitchell seemingly now ahead of him. 
  • We have 6 wingbacks. Added to that he has Edmonds-Green who can play wing-back as well as centre-back. 

On the right Jones seems to be giving more minutes to Ramsey and Watson and on the left to Edwards and Small. I would hope he is looking to get a season long loan fixed up for Asiimwe and potentially a permanent move for Edun, plus somehow getting Fraser out of the door.
    Assimwe is a kid on low wages, who will easily be loaned out. Ness's wages won't be massive. Edun and Fraser will be higher priorities to shift I imagine. 

Assimwe is a kid on low wages, who will easily be loaned out. Ness's wages won't be massive. Edun and Fraser will be higher priorities to shift I imagine. 
    L2 club for Assimwe would be great, would love to see him have a bit of a challenge. Be good if AFCW needed a wingback. 
  • edited August 4
    LouisMend said:

We took a hit with Charlie Kirk, and it appears we need to pay at least 50% of Scot Fraser's wages to see him go out on loan ( better than 100% and he just trains)
    Ness needs to move on and Edun has been a disappointment as I was expected more from the left footer.

3 out and 3 in and we have a competitive squad where on match day we can use 16 players if needs must and we are as strong at the business  end of a match as we are at KO.

Vital work still needed on the ins and outs.
  • I suspect Fraser will be gone soon which will free up some money for one of our targets but I think getting three out, of AMB, Ness and Edun might be a challenge. I’d expect AMB to remain now and we go with Mannion and him. A loan for Ness and Edun is I’d think 50/50. Ness the more likely to go. What priorities Jones has on getting one or two in remains to be seen. 
  • 3 in 3 out sounds fair, could be more outs but I'm not sure if I'd count youngsters from the U21s going on loan to National League clubs as first team outs.

Agree if we could get Asiimwe a local L2 loan that would be absolutely ideal , I think he'll flourish with regular games. 

So GK, CB and CAM in. Shame we've got too many strikers with the additional option of using TC to go for Joe Taylor on loan - looks like he'll be at Huddersfield. 
  • AMB - loan or perm 
    Ness - perm 
    Fraser - loan or perm 

then maybe Edun out too? 
  • Could Edun be an option in midfield?

For squad balance having a left footed option in midfield is useful
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!