Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Struggling to keep up with ongoing transfer developments, but hoped to catch up by going to the Wimbledon match. 
    I didn’t expect us to be outplayed (by and large) by a League 2 side, and left feeling ver deflated. 
    Are we set for another year of disappointment, or do we feel that the new players need time to settle in?
    It felt like we lacked quality, and there’s only ten days left to sort things out.
    I think we have quality in Berry, Docherty and Godden but it’s just they aren’t quite up to speed yet. Once they’ve had the full pre-season we will hopefully start to see it once the proper games start 
    Let’s hope so. But there’s only the Pompey friendly left (unless I missed something).

• Why would anyone want to sign a low energy, low production player who comes with a big ego and high wage expectations?
    Ask Scott!

What’s it got to do with Scott ? Jones has been in charge of all transfers 
    ...Fraser...🙄
  • Mrkinski said:
    You wont be able to spend £2m+ on a single player as players that command that sort of fee are in the Championship & wont drop down to League 1.

Assuming we got anything near £8m from Gomez then I'd expect most will go on reducing debt with a bit held back for January. 

However, we still need a creative midfielder otherwise this summers rebuild will be all for nowt.
    If they did, you would be a bit concerend about their ambition.
    We have a creative midfielder if he don’t leave who in this system will boss it and create and score goals … Scott Fraser 
    Unbelievable Bexley - next you will be suggesting we go for this great young midfielder, that would fit in perfectly, Charlie Kirk.
    He still if played in the right system one of the best mid in league one 
    I am firmly of the view that you use a simple AI checklist to produce this.

1) how many misspellings 1-5
    2) level of irritation intended 1-5
    3) name of players to reference

Job done.
  • edited August 1
    We have just about the biggest squad in the league.  About 30 players. Currently they can’t all even fit on a training pitch match.  

This demoralises some who are not only told they are out of the managers plans but are so far out of those plans they don’t even get a look in.  

Hence we need to shift a number of players before bringing any new ones in..
    Haven't checked but not sure we have the biggest squad.

A lot of our squad are U21 and we only have two keepers.

Otherwise I think we have around 18 or 19 players.

Probably not a lot more than Jones wants, just not the type he wants.

I thought someone may pick me up as I was surprised and didn't believe what I wrote... but my post was not actually my words but those of Charlie M at the family day... (I just didn't mention that earlier!).
  • Need a couple of decent prem loans to add some more quality I think. Always a gamble I know but we have had a couple of decent ones over the past few seasons.
     Any news on that QPR goalkeeper? Seems to have gone quiet on that one.
    I don’t think we need any loads and like the idea of having a season without them.
  • We have just about the biggest squad in the league.  About 30 players. Currently they can’t all even fit on a training pitch match.  

This demoralises some who are not only told they are out of the managers plans but are so far out of those plans they don’t even get a look in.  

Hence we need to shift a number of players before bringing any new ones in..
    Haven't checked but not sure we have the biggest squad.

A lot of our squad are U21 and we only have two keepers.

Otherwise I think we have around 18 or 19 players.

Probably not a lot more than Jones wants, just not the type he wants.

I thought someone may pick me up as I was surprised and didn't believe what I wrote... but my post was not actually my words but those of Charlie M at the family day... (I just didn't mention that earlier!).
    Sneaky 😉

Stand by what I said.

Quantity is fine, more quality is needed 
  • thenewbie said:
    Why would anyone want to sign a low energy, low production player who comes with a big ego and high wage expectations?
    Ask Scott!

Absolutely right Ronald, Jones is clearly a man with vision. He played the long game so expertly that he managed to sign Fraser for Charlton two whole years before being appointed Manager then didn't play him at all just to throw us off the scent.

4D Chess Grand master that man is.
    Who is Ronald? New midfielder incoming?
  • What is the latest on a new keeper?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it’s worth remembering that it’s not Frasers fault that we offered him very good wages when we signed him or that his player profile doesn’t fit in with what Jones wants. His star has diminished in brightness since we signed him and the prospect of anything above league one has diminished with it. Hard to shift him because of the contract he’s on, that WE gave him. Not many league one clubs or his preferred Scotland can match it. Zero chance of Championship interest. None of which is the players fault. It’s a totally unsatisfactory situation but we shouldn’t be blaming Fraser for it. 
    And contracts are a two way thing, Fraser committed to playing for the club for the duration of his contract, if he wishes to end that contract early and leave then fine but he also has to read the market, his current wages aren't going to be paid anywhere in Scotland so if he wants out that badly he should look to lower his demands, otherwise stay and honour the contract he has.
  • I think it’s worth remembering that it’s not Frasers fault that we offered him very good wages when we signed him or that his player profile doesn’t fit in with what Jones wants. His star has diminished in brightness since we signed him and the prospect of anything above league one has diminished with it. Hard to shift him because of the contract he’s on, that WE gave him. Not many league one clubs or his preferred Scotland can match it. Zero chance of Championship interest. None of which is the players fault. It’s a totally unsatisfactory situation but we shouldn’t be blaming Fraser for it. 
    And contracts are a two way thing, Fraser committed to playing for the club for the duration of his contract, if he wishes to end that contract early and leave then fine but he also has to read the market, his current wages aren't going to be paid anywhere in Scotland so if he wants out that badly he should look to lower his demands, otherwise stay and honour the contract he has.
    Don’t understand this argument. Has Fraser refused to train or play for us ? He’s obviously well aware that he’s not in Jones’s plans and I would expect he’s been encouraged to see what’s out there. He’s 100% honouring his contract and any manoeuvre by him to find another club has been encouraged by the club. 
  • edited August 1
    Fraser has not been seen in NJ training sessions. Is that the clubs choice or the player? He has never shown any inclination to buy into several managers ethos of had work. Fuck off Scott, and take a P45 with you, we have paid you enough for little return.
    Don’t understand this argument. Has Fraser refused to train or play for us ? He’s obviously well aware that he’s not in Jones’s plans and I would expect he’s been encouraged to see what’s out there. He’s 100% honouring his contract and any manoeuvre by him to find another club has been encouraged by the club. 
    Might not have refused…but basically downed tools,each time he stepped on the pitch,he himself has made it turn out this way,so he Fraser should now front up & hold his own hands up,says sorry to the club & fans,take the moneys he is actually worth & stop sponging of us…if he had played as good as he thinks he is then he or Cafc wouldn’t be in this position…

And he's perfectly entitled to sit on the contract he's been given.  We'd all be reluctant to take a pay cut from our place of work.
  • Need a couple of decent prem loans to add some more quality I think. Always a gamble I know but we have had a couple of decent ones over the past few seasons.
     Any news on that QPR goalkeeper? Seems to have gone quiet on that one.
    Presuming Isted's salary didn't free up enough of the budget?
  • edited August 1
    I think it’s worth remembering that it’s not Frasers fault that we offered him very good wages when we signed him or that his player profile doesn’t fit in with what Jones wants. His star has diminished in brightness since we signed him and the prospect of anything above league one has diminished with it. Hard to shift him because of the contract he’s on, that WE gave him. Not many league one clubs or his preferred Scotland can match it. Zero chance of Championship interest. None of which is the players fault. It’s a totally unsatisfactory situation but we shouldn’t be blaming Fraser for it. 
    I wonder if this is the kind of player Jones is referring to when he says he doesn't want any more players looking for an easy time. 

Certainly doesn't strike me as the kind of player who hates losing and is hungry. 

I'm not bothered about what contract we gave him. He should have done a lot more and he mostly coasted.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    thenewbie said:
    Why would anyone want to sign a low energy, low production player who comes with a big ego and high wage expectations?
    Ask Scott!

Absolutely right Ronald, Jones is clearly a man with vision. He played the long game so expertly that he managed to sign Fraser for Charlton two whole years before being appointed Manager then didn't play him at all just to throw us off the scent.

Yes just left the O off the end that’s all….
  • 3 good ones gone, not convinced our recruitment is going to make us any better. CAFC TV auto renewed today so will have to continue watching from afar.
  • PopIcon said:
    thenewbie said:
    Ask Scott!

Yes just left the O off the end that’s all….

Ah yes that famous Irish midfielder O'Ronald...🙄

I don't think anyone is arguing that he isn't honouring a contract. But he is openly saying he wants to move back to Scotland. 

That is fine, but he can't play for us from there so he is essentially saying he wants out. 

A move away from Charlton is as much his desire as it is likely the clubs.  Both sides will need to compromise and find a meeting in the middle.

I find players like Fraser frustrating as he is a talented lad who could have played at a higher level but just didn't seem to have the right level of desire/hunger in him.
  • 4 more weeks of the window as it ends on Friday 30 August 2024 at 11pm GMT. I'm taking bets on how many pages we get to.  :* 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!