Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• We have just about the biggest squad in the league.  About 30 players. Currently they can’t all even fit on a training pitch match.  

This demoralises some who are not only told they are out of the managers plans but are so far out of those plans they don’t even get a look in.  

Hence we need to shift a number of players before bringing any new ones in..
  • Anyone fancy Ricardo Santos? Available for bids £500k-£750k according to one unreliable site
  • Why would anyone want to sign a low energy, low production player who comes with a big ego and high wage expectations?
    Ask Scott!

• Anyone fancy Ricardo Santos? Available for bids £500k-£750k according to one unreliable site
    Not my type really, I prefer women
  • You wont be able to spend £2m+ on a single player as players that command that sort of fee are in the Championship & wont drop down to League 1.

Assuming we got anything near £8m from Gomez then I'd expect most will go on reducing debt with a bit held back for January. 

However, we still need a creative midfielder otherwise this summers rebuild will be all for nowt.
    If they did, you would be a bit concerend about their ambition.
    We have a creative midfielder if he don’t leave who in this system will boss it and create and score goals … Scott Fraser 
    He does not fit the way the team plays, he does not put in enough effort off the ball and can't run enough. He also doesn't want to be here. Would also argue the last game he "bossed" was the MK Dons game where he scored the winner at The Valley. The away game Pratley had him in his pocket. 
  • I thought this was the Conor Coventry and Dobbo thread?
    Only if you want it to be 
  • We have just about the biggest squad in the league.  About 30 players. Currently they can’t all even fit on a training pitch match.  

This demoralises some who are not only told they are out of the managers plans but are so far out of those plans they don’t even get a look in.  

Haven't checked but not sure we have the biggest squad.

A lot of our squad are U21 and we only have two keepers.

Otherwise I think we have around 18 or 19 players.

Probably not a lot more than Jones wants, just not the type he wants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrkinski said:
    You wont be able to spend £2m+ on a single player as players that command that sort of fee are in the Championship & wont drop down to League 1.

Assuming we got anything near £8m from Gomez then I'd expect most will go on reducing debt with a bit held back for January. 

However, we still need a creative midfielder otherwise this summers rebuild will be all for nowt.
    We have a creative midfielder if he don’t leave who in this system will boss it and create and score goals … Scott Fraser 
    Unbelievable Bexley - next you will be suggesting we go for this great young midfielder, that would fit in perfectly, Charlie Kirk.
    He still if played in the right system one of the best mid in league one 
    Maybe Scottish league 1, but he struggled in the English league 2 last year 

OS has 24 first team players listed. Although Anderson, Kanu, Leaburn & TC are U21 they should really be considered as first team players in this scenario. With Ness & Fraser most likely to be off & Assiimwe and Z Mitchell more on the fringes (for now) that still leaves us with a core squad of 20 outfield players who will be wanting to start most of the games
  • Mrkinski said:
    You wont be able to spend £2m+ on a single player as players that command that sort of fee are in the Championship & wont drop down to League 1.

Unbelievable Bexley - next you will be suggesting we go for this great young midfielder, that would fit in perfectly, Charlie Kirk.
    He's still available...
    Funny how a few of our recent players can't seem to find a club - Penney, Bonne, Kirk, Lualua.

Almost as if we were signing absolute chaff.
    And Hector, yet apparently he's a Championship standard player ,😂😂
  • fenaddick said:
    We have just about the biggest squad in the league.  About 30 players. Currently they can’t all even fit on a training pitch match.  

OS has 24 first team players listed. Although Anderson, Kanu, Leaburn & TC are U21 they should really be considered as first team players in this scenario. With Ness & Fraser most likely to be off & Assiimwe and Z Mitchell more on the fringes (for now) that still leaves us with a core squad of 20 outfield players who will be wanting to start most of the games
    With 18 playeros in a match day squad, including two GKs, 22 players isnt a huge overload IMHO.

Two players for each position other than 3 for GK seems about right.
  • Rumour that Docherty has been made captain.
  • fenaddick said:
    We have just about the biggest squad in the league.  About 30 players. Currently they can’t all even fit on a training pitch match.  

With 18 playeros in a match day squad, including two GKs, 22 players isnt a huge overload IMHO.

I kind of agree but the balance still doesn't feel quite right to me. 6 strikers for 2 positions is bloated but that's where we have to be because of injuries meanwhile we have 6 midfielders (including Fraser) for 3 positions and we have 3 RWB's and 3 LWB's. 
  • Mrkinski said:

He's still available...
    Funny how a few of our recent players can't seem to find a club - Penney, Bonne, Kirk, Lualua.

Not to mention the plethora of formerly 'key' players who dropped straight to L2. 
  • edited August 1
    fenaddick said:

Don't worry, 6 of them will be injured by October
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Fraser doesn't want to be here.  His family are all in Scotland now and he misses them.  He can't move unless he takes a hefty cut in pay as nobody up there will pay him what we do.  He has to choose between his family and his wallet.
    His lack of action in pre season says it all - he is not fancied and would be best placed being moved on
    Apart from Dundee, has there been any interest?
    No one in Scotland can afford his wages that’s what the problem so unless we pay a % he not going to Scotland where he wants to move to 
    He'll have to take a pay cut then.

Or play with the U23's all season. 
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

I kind of agree but the balance still doesn't feel quite right to me. 6 strikers for 2 positions is bloated but that's where we have to be because of injuries meanwhile we have 6 midfielders (including Fraser) for 3 positions and we have 3 RWB's and 3 LWB's. 
    Balance and quality, i agree.

Numbers, about right.

On the strikers Leaburn is still recovering, Aneke, although I don't think its ever been mentioned on CL, has fitness issues, Campbell and Kanu are both young.
  • Valley11 said:
    Lloyd Jones as vice capt perhaps more interesting. Puts to bed the idea that Jones doesn’t rate him and won’t start him 
    Was about to say the same.
  • Mrkinski said:

Funny then he couldn't get a regular place in any of the teams he was loaned/transferred to. One of those young players who believed all the initial hype about himself and then thought further development actually requires some hard work.
  • Mrkinski said:

He's still available...

And Hector, yet apparently he's a Championship standard player ,😂😂
    It will be good to have a manager and  coaching and scouting teams that gets players on the way up rather than down - the jury is still out with the present lot.
  • sm said:
    Mrkinski said:

Funny then he couldn't get a regular place in any of the teams he was loaned/transferred to. One of those young players who believed all the initial hype about himself and then thought further development actually requires some hard work.
    He also didn't fit Ipswich's system and as far as we know there hasn't been interest from any other EFL side as he doesn't fit their systems either, classic Ronnie ! 
  • Rumour that Docherty has been made captain.
    Is this the right thread for a rumour?
    OK, here's some of that attention you crave.

You moan about non-rumour posts but when there is one you make yet another feeble "joke".

It's boring, it's not even slightly amusing and it is hypocritical.

Back to ignore mode.
    😹 You do bear a grudge, don’t you.
  • Need a couple of decent prem loans to add some more quality I think. Always a gamble I know but we have had a couple of decent ones over the past few seasons.
     Any news on that QPR goalkeeper? Seems to have gone quiet on that one.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Struggling to keep up with ongoing transfer developments, but hoped to catch up by going to the Wimbledon match. 
    I didn’t expect us to be outplayed (by and large) by a League 2 side, and left feeling ver deflated. 
    Are we set for another year of disappointment, or do we feel that the new players need time to settle in?
    It felt like we lacked quality, and there’s only ten days left to sort things out.
    Can not believe it's the end of September in 10 days 😮
    Start of the season 10rh Aug. Yes the window shuts later but surely the hope is to get the approximate starting side sorted before we, you know, start playing actual league matches? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!