Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Made less appearances than Aneke over the last 2 seasons combined and if he leaves will be on his third club in 3 years. His time at Lincoln was the exception in an otherwise nothing career, no thanks
    He’s also more of a winger so wouldn’t really fit
  • sam3110 said:
    Made less appearances than Aneke over the last 2 seasons combined and if he leaves will be on his third club in 3 years. His time at Lincoln was the exception in an otherwise nothing career, no thanks
    I take it that's a "no" then?
  • sam3110 said:
    I take it that's a "no" then?
    Sort of sounds that way...🤔
  • Also, for the record...I will always love Kishishev (despite his limitations as a premiership footballer) as my knowing of his existence got me laid by a fit Bulgarian tourist I got chatting to in Gable by bank station
    Mods. I nominate this post for a promote
  • Also, for the record...I will always love Kishishev (despite his limitations as a premiership footballer) as my knowing of his existence got me laid by a fit Bulgarian tourist I got chatting to in Gable by bank station
    Mods. I nominate this post for a promote
    Seconded!
  • Sponsored links:

• CHARLTON SUMMER TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD 2024
    Where....??? Please point me to it. 
  • CHARLTON SUMMER TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD 2024
    Not sure, This thread is the argument thread
  • Valley11 said:
    Logs on, sees Simon Francis chat, logs off 

There are no rumours so we have a chat to pass the time. 
    It's been like that for the 10 years I have been on CL.

If you have a rumour pass it on or stop moaning.

• Hal1x said:
    redbuttle said:
    CHARLTON SUMMER TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD 2024
    no its not.
    Oh yes it.....fu*k it can't be arsed...
  • edited July 31
    redbuttle said:
    CHARLTON SUMMER TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD 2024
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoping we bring in a keeper as soon as possible a new number 1 is needed,

i think we can afford to wait for the right centre mid and left centre back as we have good options. And still a month of the window left.
  • So if, big if, we get £8.6m from the Gomez sell on fee do we:

Spend it all on one "star" player now?

Buy two or three top notch players for reasonable fees now?

Save it for the January window?

Use it to reduce the clubs £8m loses?
    Photos, or it didn't happen.

Bits of all the above I imagine - maybe a player previously out of reach becomes less so but it would be reckless and fairly pointless to try and match the likes of Birmingham who've been throwing around huge amounts all summer, not just starting in August (plus the risk of unbalanced wages - if one player is the sole beneficiary it seems a bit against Jones' ethos of teamwork over a talisman.)

Use it if the right players are available, save it if not, and if some is used to pay off some debts then fair enough honestly.

2nd option. 

Get a defender, midfielder and striker that are on a 'big money wishlist' that has been saved for a rainy day. £2 million for each. 

We should have budgeted for the squad without the Gomez money so I assume the players would be on top of a full squad. Maybe leading to us being able to loan out young players that would have been on the fringe. 

Only just heard the rumour that Joe Gomez could've been included in the Part exchange for Gordon from Newcastle. Deal appears to have fallen through but as only 3.5 million was up front for Gomez when he moved to Liverpool, it would be much needed multi millions to CAFC if he could move on.

Go Joe go.
  • You wont be able to spend £2m+ on a single player as players that command that sort of fee are in the Championship & wont drop down to League 1.

Assuming we got anything near £8m from Gomez then I'd expect most will go on reducing debt with a bit held back for January. 

However, we still need a creative midfielder otherwise this summers rebuild will be all for nowt.
  • Would that be our third highest transfer fee if we get that for Gomez? 
    I feel like that's a fair reason to love him to be fair. Up the fish 🤣
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!