Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Possibly, maybe.
  • Possibly, maybe.
    Definitely maybe...
  • Dobson was an average league one player made out by a number of fans as a premiership player sorry he was miles away from even championship player .. how many reckless tackles on the edge of our box did he make , how many passes went a stray .again in dangerous positions .. yes he had his positives but fact that no one was rushing to sign him says how “ football “ saw him …. Coventry completely diff player far more skilful and better passer of the ball , he don’t rush in or makes last ditch tackles  because he reads a game better and so intercepts long before he needs to tackle or lunge in ….. 
    I think you might be telling porkies again Ronald. 
  • Struggling to keep up with ongoing transfer developments, but hoped to catch up by going to the Wimbledon match. 
    I didn’t expect us to be outplayed (by and large) by a League 2 side, and left feeling ver deflated. 
    Are we set for another year of disappointment, or do we feel that the new players need time to settle in?
    It felt like we lacked quality, and there’s only ten days left to sort things out.
  • Think Dobson was an ok player who looked better because he was in a shit team
    So he should do well at Wrexham...🙄
  • edited July 31
    sam3110 said:
    Link please.

Stat I have is that he has played 75 games (no idea how many minutes/sub on/off in five seasons. 

Why, if he is a ball-winning midfielder with good distribution?
    I can't be arsed with trawling all the way back through the posts about it, if you want to know that badly go look it up yourself or find it within my previous posts. I get bored just typing out half my own comments, I don't want to go back a re-read all of them just to provide evidence that's already readily available to someone with half a brain, Google and 2 minutes to spare
    Sadly, I suspect it may be 2 out of 3, at best, in the case of this particular poster. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Struggling to keep up with ongoing transfer developments, but hoped to catch up by going to the Wimbledon match. 
    I didn’t expect us to be outplayed (by and large) by a League 2 side, and left feeling ver deflated. 
    Are we set for another year of disappointment, or do we feel that the new players need time to settle in?
    It felt like we lacked quality, and there’s only ten days left to sort things out.
    Can not believe it's the end of September in 10 days 😮
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 31
    Think Dobson was an ok player who looked better because he was in a shit team

Doesn't it normally work that ok(bang average) players look better in a good side ?

Danny Green or Waggy at CAFC and in the Premier, 
    Phil Neville springs to mind at United.
  • Think Dobson was an ok player who looked better because he was in a shit team

Doesn't it normally work that ok players look better in a good side ?

Simon Francis!
  • PopIcon said:
    Think Dobson was an ok player who looked better because he was in a shit team

Doesn't it normally work that ok players look better in a good side ?

Simon Francis!

Simon Francis had the potential to be a good attacking full back even when he was at CAFC ( I said it back then and had people laugh in my face) but it took the coaching skills of Eddie Howe to bring it out after he totally lost confidence.
    Howe even turned Francis into a CB later which I was surprised about !

You can bomb out at CAFC but still make it somewhere else with the right set up and restored belief.

Most players do once they leave us 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Struggling to keep up with ongoing transfer developments, but hoped to catch up by going to the Wimbledon match. 
    I think we have quality in Berry, Docherty and Godden but it’s just they aren’t quite up to speed yet. Once they’ve had the full pre-season we will hopefully start to see it once the proper games start 
  • edited July 31
    I forgot my password but now I'm back....

In regards to the Dobbo and Coventry argument. One was wanted by Championship sides in January but we won his signature. The other was only wanted by Wrexham and a random Hungarian side in January and the summer.

Correct but ?

CAFC P0TY 21/22 winner Dobson
    CAFC POTY22/23 runner up Dobson 
    CAFC POTY 23/24 runner up Dobson 

The most consistent player we have had for years and obviously the voters agreed.

We now move on as George has done and we need all our midfielders to step up to the plate for CAFC.
    What these players do for CAFC is what's counts now.
    Not what potential or how they played for other clubs.

Wigan is the first of 46 matches so we need to be on it from game one not friendlies when the last ref didn't even have his yellow cards with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I realise there are no rumours but this definitely isn’t the Dobson, Coventry, Begovic discussions thread. 
  • Pompey have made Anthony Scully available for transfer - would be a gamble with his injury record as he only featured 9 times for Pompey last season , but a player I know was heavily mentioned when he was at Lincoln. 
  • Made less appearances than Aneke over the last 2 seasons combined and if he leaves will be on his third club in 3 years. His time at Lincoln was the exception in an otherwise nothing career, no thanks
  • Dobson was an average league one player made out by a number of fans as a premiership player sorry he was miles away from even championship player .. how many reckless tackles on the edge of our box did he make , how many passes went a stray .again in dangerous positions .. yes he had his positives but fact that no one was rushing to sign him says how “ football “ saw him …. Coventry completely diff player far more skilful and better passer of the ball , he don’t rush in or makes last ditch tackles  because he reads a game better and so intercepts long before he needs to tackle or lunge in ….. 
    Agree.  I put Dobson in the same bracket as Kishishev....nowhere near as good a footballer as Charlton fans believe, but adored because they ran around like lunatics chasing after their own lack of abilities, but interpreted as caring and hardworking 
    What?! Kishishev was a great footballer.
    He wasn't. He was a headless chicken, a hard worker and a nice bloke.  
    Doesn't make him a great footballer.

He was very effective in the defensive midfield, man to man marking, harass and force mistake role...but that was down to his own chaos.   
  • sam3110 said:
    Made less appearances than Aneke over the last 2 seasons combined and if he leaves will be on his third club in 3 years. His time at Lincoln was the exception in an otherwise nothing career, no thanks
    I take that as "no" then?
  • sam3110 said:
    Made less appearances than Aneke over the last 2 seasons combined and if he leaves will be on his third club in 3 years. His time at Lincoln was the exception in an otherwise nothing career, no thanks

Yeah I wasn't really mentioning him as a target more someone that's come up in the past and being available again , doesn't fit the NJ shape or style really 
  • Chizz said:
    Dobson was an average league one player made out by a number of fans as a premiership player sorry he was miles away from even championship player .. how many reckless tackles on the edge of our box did he make , how many passes went a stray .again in dangerous positions .. yes he had his positives but fact that no one was rushing to sign him says how “ football “ saw him …. Coventry completely diff player far more skilful and better passer of the ball , he don’t rush in or makes last ditch tackles  because he reads a game better and so intercepts long before he needs to tackle or lunge in ….. 
    Agree.  I put Dobson in the same bracket as Kishishev....nowhere near as good a footballer as Charlton fans believe, but adored because they ran around like lunatics chasing after their own lack of abilities, but interpreted as caring and hardworking 
    What?! Kishishev was a great footballer.
    Radostin Kishishev would walk into the current team and improve it beyond belief.  And he's 50.
    Probably. But we're talking about someone that blagged it in the prem vs where we are now with some players blagging it in league  one.

Different levels of abilities certainly, but blagging none the less.  The energy and passion hides imperfections of ability in typical fan favourites 
  • I realise there are no rumours but this definitely isn’t the Dobson, Coventry, Begovic discussions thread. 
    You forgot Kishishev 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!