Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Colin/Bexley Boy/Ronnie has a new login. Please ignore. 
    What is it?
    Henry Irving 
    You can go off people, you know
    What is it?
    Henry Irving 
    You know I love you really. 
    ❤️
    What is it?
    Henry Irving 
    ❤️
    The feeling is mutual 💋
    What is it?
    Henry Irving 
    ❤️
    The feeling is mutual 💋
    ...Get a room ffs...🙄🤦‍♂️
  • Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
    Well short is a stretch if we get Begovic we can put a good team out with a solid bench. Yeah another two would be nice but we’re not well short.
    If we want to get out of this league with Birmingham and Wrexham in it we are still well short of the quality needed imo, and Begovic hasn't signed yet that might depend on players going as well. 
    What quality have Wrexham got in this league?
    I would take Okonkwo in goal, Dobbo in midfield and Mullin up top against anyone we have at the moment. Very good spine to a team
    Mullin in l1? 

Dobson has spent three years playing for a lower mid table team 🫢
    Give me Berry and Docherty any day over Dobson, People will soon see.
    Dobson or Coventry is the question. Dobson is best in that holding midfield role, which is where Wrexham will play him, not where Jones was playing him. Berry and Docherty are different players so that’s not really the comparison. 

If things had gone differently then Dobson Docherty and Berry could have been our 3. I’d probably be more comfortable with that than what we have now, but Coventry definitely has it in him to be better, we just haven’t really seen it yet 
  • Cannot believe how badly people have reacted to losing a friendly match. I mean, I can, but I'm disappointed. It's a very fickle mindset; there was real positivity on here when we signed Docherty and it was all about getting those final pieces in. One poor performance in preseason and people are crying about our terrible squad, yelling about bad ownerships and trying to see how much of Wrexham they can fit in their mouths. Must be exhausting being this easily broken
    Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 29
    I guess too similar to Docherty(?) but surprised Brendan Weirdu hasn't left Fleetwood yet.
    Likewise surprised Nicky Cadden hasn't been snapped up yet.
  • Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
    Well short is a stretch if we get Begovic we can put a good team out with a solid bench. Yeah another two would be nice but we’re not well short.
    If we want to get out of this league with Birmingham and Wrexham in it we are still well short of the quality needed imo, and Begovic hasn't signed yet that might depend on players going as well. 
    I would take Okonkwo in goal, Dobbo in midfield and Mullin up top against anyone we have at the moment. Very good spine to a team
    None of them have done it above league 1 or 2 where as we’ve signed majority of accomplished championship players, there’s levels .

Mannion, Ahadme, Edwards and Mitchell have played next to no Championship football between them, that is over half our signings to date so this statement is not accurate.
    Yeah fair enough wrong word ( will ) be majority if and when Begovic and Potts sign then.
  • Cannot believe how badly people have reacted to losing a friendly match. I mean, I can, but I'm disappointed. It's a very fickle mindset; there was real positivity on here when we signed Docherty and it was all about getting those final pieces in. One poor performance in preseason and people are crying about our terrible squad, yelling about bad ownerships and trying to see how much of Wrexham they can fit in their mouths. Must be exhausting being this easily broken
    I didn't watch.  But from the comments I've read on here - most are saying that the result itself didn't really matter.  It was the style of play, long balls, no creativity, general fitness that was more of a concern with only a couple of weeks to go.
  • CafcWest said:
    Cannot believe how badly people have reacted to losing a friendly match. I mean, I can, but I'm disappointed. It's a very fickle mindset; there was real positivity on here when we signed Docherty and it was all about getting those final pieces in. One poor performance in preseason and people are crying about our terrible squad, yelling about bad ownerships and trying to see how much of Wrexham they can fit in their mouths. Must be exhausting being this easily broken
    I didn't watch.  But from the comments I've read on here - most are saying that the result itself didn't really matter.  It was the style of play, long balls, no creativity, general fitness that was more of a concern with only a couple of weeks to go.
    Which is fair... though the game before that had a lot of the same players looking considerably better, fitter, more ready. So which of those is "accurate" is hard to say. Maybe we have (yet another) bunch of unfit posers who raised their game against Premier league oppo. Maybe we have a pretty good team who collectively had a bad day at the metaphorical office against Wimbledon. Maybe neither.

Ultimately you can't read too much into either one, sometimes a pre-season goes by smashing 4 goals past everyone then the wheels go flying off in the actual league. Sometimes it goes badly, or inconsistently, but the manager or a late addition suddenly finds that missing piece.

If we start poorly then it's fair to complain but I don't think we can honestly predict how its likely to go given we've seen good, bad and indifferent showings from the exact same players at various points.
  • NabySarr said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Mullin in l1? 

Dobson has spent three years playing for a lower mid table team 🫢
    Give me Berry and Docherty any day over Dobson, People will soon see.
    Dobson or Coventry is the question. Dobson is best in that holding midfield role, which is where Wrexham will play him, not where Jones was playing him. Berry and Docherty are different players so that’s not really the comparison. 

If things had gone differently then Dobson Docherty and Berry could have been our 3. I’d probably be more comfortable with that than what we have now, but Coventry definitely has it in him to be better, we just haven’t really seen it yet 
    When he learns to tackle
  • Nicholas said:
    Cannot believe how badly people have reacted to losing a friendly match. I mean, I can, but I'm disappointed. It's a very fickle mindset; there was real positivity on here when we signed Docherty and it was all about getting those final pieces in. One poor performance in preseason and people are crying about our terrible squad, yelling about bad ownerships and trying to see how much of Wrexham they can fit in their mouths. Must be exhausting being this easily broken
    I guess its because we have seen the same shit gutless performences year on year for a very long time now. Maybe for once it's best not to wait till the transfer window shut, not to wait till Christmas, not to wait till the Jan window opens. If we can see and point out the cracks now maybe just maybe something can be done about it before the season starts. Like others have said no one cares what the result was against Wimbledon, its all to do with that horrible performance we have got used to watching for far too long.

Not going to lie I am not overly convinced with Jones, Selling May has got my back up, has a feel of some of these so called top managers coming in and getting rid of the teams best player as they want to be top dog. His replacements so far have been a crock and Godden who looks a lesser version of May. I also think we are yet again throwing all our eggs in one basket with this poxy wing 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation, I dont think its a formation where we create a lot and dont think it will suit should Small get injured. Also not a fan of signing loads from Luton because they once did well for him in the past. We did that with Swindons team not long ago.

I know I sound boring as I hope none of what I just said comes true and they all shove it back in my face. Just feels like we have been watching Charlton on repeat for god knows how long now. I hope Jone's super fit players who play on the front foot come out all guns blazing and we can actually have a season where we dont actually want it to end in November.
    Good thing we've only signed one in Berry then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    None of them have done it above league 1 or 2 where as we’ve signed majority of accomplished championship players, there’s levels .

Mannion, Ahadme, Edwards and Mitchell have played next to no Championship football between them, that is over half our signings to date so this statement is not accurate.
    Yeah fair enough wrong word ( will ) be majority if and when Begovic and Potts sign then.

The pedant in me feels I should point out that when/if they both sign, Dixson will also have signed from Jamaica. So 10 signings total. 5 no Championship experience whatsoever and hence the majority of our signings will still not be "accomplished Championship players".  
    Sorry! 🤣.
  • I guess too similar to Docherty(?) but surprised Brendan Weirdu hasn't left Fleetwood yet.
    Likewise surprised Nicky Cadden hasn't been snapped up yet.
    If we’re talking players that played for Fleetwood last season, I’m shocked that Bosun Lawal still hasn’t found a next club to join on loan.

Will probably go to the Championship somewhere but worth a cheeky enquiry I’d suggest…
  • Yann897 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Wrexham will definitely be there or there abouts and anyone who says different doesn't understand how deep their pockets are and the momentum they have. 
    I can’t see it if o’Connell, Dobson and Lee are starting for them.
    Do you really think that Dobson deserves the same tarring at those two jokers ?  Dobbo really has become Semedo already.  
    If he is Semedo hopefully history repeats itself as no one wanted him to leave but we went on to win the league the next season but yes he’s better than the other two but I just don’t think he’s that great , great tackler but that’s about it and I think we’ll see that this season with a more mobile midfield.
    I think you’re going to be disappointed 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Yann897 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Wrexham will definitely be there or there abouts and anyone who says different doesn't understand how deep their pockets are and the momentum they have. 
    I can’t see it if o’Connell, Dobson and Lee are starting for them.
    Do you really think that Dobson deserves the same tarring at those two jokers ?  Dobbo really has become Semedo already.  
    If he is Semedo hopefully history repeats itself as no one wanted him to leave but we went on to win the league the next season but yes he’s better than the other two but I just don’t think he’s that great , great tackler but that’s about it and I think we’ll see that this season with a more mobile midfield.
    I think you’re going to be disappointed 
    We’re Charlton fans what’s new but I’m happy with Jones and the new signings yeah we need a couple more but if you can’t be optimistic before the seasons started then what’s the point.
  • edited July 30
    I don't know one way or the other. I would expect things to take shape in the last couple of friendlies so Wimbledon was concerning. Not so much the result but the aspects of our play. I think the final game before the League starts should be treated as our first league game and I don't want to see Watson or Edun anywhere near the team or I am not going to stop worrying. It feels we still have to bring in one or two quality players. I am probably less bothered about one of those being a keeper than some.
  • iaitch said:
    The good ship HMS Piss the League needs a good bosun 
    Are you hinting the Celtic lad? 
  • I don't know one way or the other. I would expect things to take shape in the last couple of friendlies so Wimbledon was concerning. Not so much the result but the aspects of our play. I think the final game before the League starts should be treated as our first league game and I don't want to see Watson or Edun anywhere near the team or I am not going to stop worrying. It feels we still have to bring in one or two quality players. I am probably less bothered about one of those being a keeper than some.
    I don’t think we get in the top 6 without a new keeper. Think that’s vitally important 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!