Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Just how good is Potts?
  • jondon76 said:
    jondon76 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
    Well short is a stretch if we get Begovic we can put a good team out with a solid bench. Yeah another two would be nice but we’re not well short.
    If we want to get out of this league with Birmingham and Wrexham in it we are still well short of the quality needed imo, and Begovic hasn't signed yet that might depend on players going as well. 
    What quality have Wrexham got in this league? 
    They have momentum and plenty ££££££ if needed. 
    It's needed now in this transfer window and they've not really signed anyone of note.

Admittedly there's still over a month to go and i'm sure they'll sign someone but their squad doesn't stand out.
  • Just how good is Potts?
    Not quite as good as Panns 
  • Has the Begovic deal fallen through?
  • Wrexham will definitely be there or there abouts and anyone who says different doesn't understand how deep their pockets are and the momentum they have. 
    Those deep pockets don't really seem to have done much to keep the momentum going though. Dobson is a great signing for a team that have been promoted and want a solid season to consolidate. He's not really the kind of player who is going to turn them into real contenders at the top of the league. The same can be said for their other signings honestly.

Wrexham are going to survive pretty easily I'm sure, might well be top half team. But they need much more about them before are real play-off contenders IMO.

Charlton aren't there yet either for what it's worth but we're closer to it than Wrexham are. Potts, Begovic, and a quality midfield addition could put us there.

• Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    I'm prepared to give Berry and Docherty leeway considering I've only seen one once and the other twice. But Coventry, we have had our pants pulled down. 20+ games. Was he ever better tham mediocre in any? 

Had to laugh when he dribbled the ball almost the entire length of the box, when a simple touch into 18 yard area would have drawn a penalty. He ended up passing it to their keeper.

I have no affinity with Bexley, who I suspect doesn't watch games, just takes opposing views. If not rating Coventry, Gilly, Jones, Edun, Watson, Docherty is controversial then so be it. 

Hardly had our pants down!! There was no fee, and I’d bet we could get rid of him tomorrow if we put him up for sale.
    i seem to remember plenty digging out Dobson at the start.

Wasnt the fee around seven figures for Conor Coventry?
    No he was a freebie with a big sell on attached 
  • Yann897 said:
    Wrexham will definitely be there or there abouts and anyone who says different doesn't understand how deep their pockets are and the momentum they have. 
    I can’t see it if o’Connell, Dobson and Lee are starting for them.
    Do you really think that Dobson deserves the same tarring at those two jokers ?  Dobbo really has become Semedo already.  
  • Wrexham will definitely be there or there abouts and anyone who says different doesn't understand how deep their pockets are and the momentum they have. 
    What momentum? Stockport look better

how deep are their pockets. The second actor is owed £5m by the club and he has a personal wealth of £40m. That doesn’t sound to deep to me
  • Has the Begovic deal fallen through?
    No .. 
    What momentum? Stockport look better

how deep are their pockets. The second actor is owed £5m by the club and he has a personal wealth of £40m. That doesn’t sound to deep to me
    Promotion momentum obviously. 
  • edited July 29
    Has the Begovic deal fallen through?
    No .. 
    What’s happening then Ronnie, when will it be announced?
  • edited July 29

...Thought everyone might need a reminder of when it was REALLY SHIT!...😉
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 29
    Has the Begovic deal fallen through?
    No .. 
    That's confirmed it then...🙄
  • Gammon said:
    My QPR mate said Begovic is the worse keeper he's ever seen. That a lampost would move quicker. Obviously it's a very bias opinion but thought I'd share.

Your mate knows fuck all about football if he thinks Begovic is the worse keeper he's ever seen unless he hasn't watched many games 🫡
    Especially Charlton games
  • jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
    Well short is a stretch if we get Begovic we can put a good team out with a solid bench. Yeah another two would be nice but we’re not well short.
    If we want to get out of this league with Birmingham and Wrexham in it we are still well short of the quality needed imo, and Begovic hasn't signed yet that might depend on players going as well. 
    I would take Okonkwo in goal, Dobbo in midfield and Mullin up top against anyone we have at the moment. Very good spine to a team
    Good point about the spine.
    Currently we don't have a goalie, we do have a prospective leader in defence with Mitchell A, we don't yet have a proven midfield general, maybe Berry but have not seen it yet,  and we don't have a fit 9 to lead the line. So a lot still to be desired about our spine.
  • jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    I would take Okonkwo in goal, Dobbo in midfield and Mullin up top against anyone we have at the moment. Very good spine to a team
    Mullin in l1? 

Dobson has spent three years playing for a lower mid table team 🫢
  • jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    If we sign Begovic, then him, Docherty and Godden are proven at a level far above where any of them have played. Plus that's their 3 best players apparently, the majority of their squad isn't at the level, even O'Connell didn't pull up trees here 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!