Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Macronate said:
    Has the Isted transfer even been confirmed?

If so, when?
    I can't see why we're holding onto Isted when Jones don't fancy him, we should probably move him on under undisclosed terms if you ask me 
  • Scoham said:
    Injured but has transfer interest-the only sort of joke club who would sign an injured player is us - welcome Lucas Ness
    Doughty to Stoke was more seriously injured than Ness, and they were happy to take him on
  • Does anybody know if the SLP has done an article on isted joining Burton?
  • Macronate said:

If so, when?
    Weekend 
  • Tedious.
    New goal keeper...🙄
  • Macronate said:

If so, when?
    Weekend 
    Yes but taking a blue pill to help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Injured but has transfer interest-the only sort of joke club who would sign an injured player is us - welcome Lucas Ness

Good, I hope we don’t sell him. He was the only one in a suspect defence that looked like he was and could make the effort. With a better team he will shine. The joke club will be the one that gives up on him and watches another one benefit.
    Especially since his playing with an injury might explain the dip in performance last season. Still very young for a centre back.
  • LTKapal said:
    Does anybody know if the SLP has done an article on isted joining Burton?

Think Golfie may have a bit of news, someone called Tedious has been rumoured...probably just a bit of wind and guff...🤔
  • So we need to get rid of some unwanted players to sign some wanted players.
    It's fair to say that we've done a lot of work, but there's a lot more to do
    Sadly, the current incumbents (Jones is let off) are "responsible" for half of the unwanted players we no longer want....
  • Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
  • Just a curious question to pass the time while we wait for players to be sold.  

All good teams have a few show stoppers, a small core of players who you’d say “we’re in trouble if he gets injured”.  Who are they in our squad now?  I can’t really name any, which to me doesn’t bode well.  
  • Just a curious question to pass the time while we wait for players to be sold.  

All good teams have a few show stoppers, a small core of players who you’d say “we’re in trouble if he gets injured”.  Who are they in our squad now?  I can’t really name any, which to me doesn’t bode well.  
    Well I think that’ll potentially be Mitchell, Berry and Docherty and to be honest it was probably Leaburn we wasn’t doing to bad when he played.

Small would be the one I’d pick out. We don’t really have what he offers anywhere else in the squad. Maybe Berry and Docherty also once they get going 

I’d also say that we could have picked out Dobson, May and CBT last season, but the rest of the team was shit. I think this season our squad is stronger overall and that’s why there isn’t clear standouts 

I’d look at it differently, how many of our players would be up there with the best in their position in the league? Then I’d say that Small, Berry, Docherty and Godden could all be up there (could count Aneke also), maybe others 
  • Sponsored links:

I think that that is Jones' method.

Team over individuals, total greater than the sum of the parts, etc.

That means losing a "key" player doesn't impact as there are no "key" players.

It could mean no flair players who blow hot and cold so a more consistant team but could also mean a consistantly "dull" side that wins "ugly" if it wins at all.

But I'll take 46 ugly wins this season.
    I hope you’re right.  
  • NabySarr said:
    Just a curious question to pass the time while we wait for players to be sold.  

Small would be the one I’d pick out. We don’t really have what he offers anywhere else in the squad. Maybe Berry and Docherty also once they get going 

I’d also say that we could have picked out Dobson, May and CBT last season, but the rest of the team was shit. I think this season our squad is stronger overall and that’s why there isn’t clear standouts 

I’d look at it differently, how many of our players would be up there with the best in their position in the league? Then I’d say that Small, Berry, Docherty and Godden could all be up there (could count Aneke also), maybe others 
    Edwards seems good enough out there if need be 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Did anyone bigging up Berry and Docherty go to AFCW on Saturday?
    How did they play? You haven't mentioned. 
    Not lately...🙄
  • Did anyone bigging up Berry and Docherty go to AFCW on Saturday?

You want to get rid of them after the friendly against Wimbledon 🤔

Please stop digging and at least give them to half time against Wigan 😃
    Cmon be realistic... Got Portsmouth before we play Wigan!!
  • Got a feeling we won't sign anyone till we have shifted some out first 
  • Colin/Bexley Boy/Ronnie has a new login. Please ignore. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!