Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I think we’ll be Ok. 

A new GK will come in. 

Move on Ness, Fraser and Edun (easier said than done I know), replace with Potts, Bishop and Dixon. 

Then hopefully pick up one or two premier league loans that will really push the first 11.

Add Miles into the mix come the end of September and I think we could be having a good season ahead of us.
  • AndyG said:
    We have a group of owners who are seemingly happy to spend to get players the manager wants. Unfortunately we have a big squad which currently has too many players that we don’t seem able to give away. That is an inherited problem passed down from the previous ownership and recruitment so we can’t pin it on the owners. It will take time to resolve but given time I think it will be sorted 
    Outside of Fraser who else in our squad was signed by previous ownerships that we want to get rid of? 

The majority were signed last summer that Scott was in the background for. 
    Tbf not signed by Scott either, just AMB and Ness who I think we’ll let go on permanents (if possible). 
  • I'd guess Ness,Fraser and AMB definitely out. Edun might be one that goes late in the window along with Asiimwe on loan.

• AndyG said:
    We have a group of owners who are seemingly happy to spend to get players the manager wants. Unfortunately we have a big squad which currently has too many players that we don’t seem able to give away. That is an inherited problem passed down from the previous ownership and recruitment so we can’t pin it on the owners. It will take time to resolve but given time I think it will be sorted 
    Outside of Fraser who else in our squad was signed by previous ownerships that we want to get rid of? 

Tbf not signed by Scott either, just AMB and Ness who I think we’ll let go on permanents (if possible). 
    So promoted from youth players that won't be on big wages anyway. Shouldn't be difficult to move on you'd imagine. 

Just don't buy this 'we inherited a bad situation' when they signed all the players they want to move on last summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apart from T Campbell who Jones wants to play as a striker ( fair enough) we don’t have any width in the team - it was all too narrow and congested yesterday 
    it’s like watching England under Southgate. I think Jones tactic is to win 1-0 by boring thr opposition to death and sneaking a breakaway goal 
  • AndyG said:

So promoted from youth players that won't be on big wages anyway. Shouldn't be difficult to move on you'd imagine. 

Just don't buy this 'we inherited a bad situation' when they signed all the players they want to move on last summer. 
    Bit of both, they didn’t inherit a great situation but yeah not made great signings either. Likes of Kirk and Fraser have been costly mistakes that weren’t theirs. At least the likes of Isted have been moved on relatively successfully 
  • Apart from T Campbell who Jones wants to play as a striker ( fair enough) we don’t have any width in the team - it was all too narrow and congested yesterday 
    it’s like watching England under Southgate. I think Jones tactic is to win 1-0 by boring thr opposition to death and sneaking a breakaway goal 
    We need Small to be starting and I think he will do when the serious stuff starts. Him and Ramsay as the 2 wing backs will give us a lot more pace out wide 

We lacked creativity, but Small can create something out of nothing by beating his man  
  • trust the NJ process 
  • NabySarr said:
    Apart from T Campbell who Jones wants to play as a striker ( fair enough) we don’t have any width in the team - it was all too narrow and congested yesterday 
    We need Small to be starting and I think he will do when the serious stuff starts. Him and Ramsay as the 2 wing backs will give us a lot more pace out wide 

We lacked creativity, but Small can create something out of nothing by beating his man  
    Which is why, if Small and Ramsay are meant to be a major source of our attacking capabilities this season, it was odd that neither played much yesterday, and that Ramsay has played a lot at Right Centre Back in pre season. Get them flying down the wing yesterday, and sticking crosses in for our strikers, to practice these tactics for the season.
    Spot on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We’d have to be seriously cursed if the likes of Berry, Docherty and Godden suddenly turn into turnips the moment they signed for Charlton.

All three of them should be more than capable of being leaders in a promotion chasing side at this level. In fact, all three of them have been leaders for League One title winners in the past (Luton 2019, Coventry 2020 and Hull 2021).

We shall see with the likes of Mitchell, Ahadme and Edwards who all show promise but have something to prove.

Never assume anything where Charlton are concerned. The reality is, even if the first three are still all good players, we probably need all our transfers this summers to be successful ones if we’re going to go from mid season relegation worries last February to promotion celebrations next May. And we probably need more than 6. 

Hopefully we can pull it off, but there’s still work to do. I don’t think it’s negative to say that, just realistic. I doubt anyone at the club thinks otherwise, though, so I’m sure they are working hard to get more deals in and out the door, but the jury is also still out on the capabilities of our recruitment team. 

May you live in interesting times. 
  • Well their names are:-

Isted (gone?)
    Jones
    Gillesphey
    REG (if he is seen as a CB)
    Watson
    Edun
    Coventry
    Docherty
    (Berry undecided)
    Fraser

Dont care who signed them, they need moving on. Which means we will struggle to fill a bench.

There only two that will leave out that list Fraser and Edun 
  • Yann897 said:
    Well their names are:-

Isted (gone?)
    Jones
    Gillesphey
    REG (if he is seen as a CB)
    Watson
    Edun
    Coventry
    Docherty
    (Berry undecided)
    Fraser

Dont care who signed them, they need moving on. Which means we will struggle to fill a bench.

Please tell me this isnt serious? I’m worried it is.

Don't feed the troll.
  • Yann897 said:
    Anyway back to rumours, when do with think Dixon is signing and hopefully Begovic ? I’d like him in early as possible so he gets minutes against Portsmouth.
    Both this week, maybe Potts too if we move Ness out.

Not ITK, not heard anything - just a guess.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!