Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Just a curious question to pass the time while we wait for players to be sold.  

All good teams have a few show stoppers, a small core of players who you’d say “we’re in trouble if he gets injured”.  Who are they in our squad now?  I can’t really name any, which to me doesn’t bode well.  
    Chuks 👍🏼
  • Did anyone bigging up Berry and Docherty go to AFCW on Saturday?

You want to get rid of them after the friendly against Wimbledon 🤔

Please stop digging and at least give them to half time against Wigan 😃

Did anyone bigging up Berry and Docherty go to AFCW on Saturday?

You want to get rid of them after the friendly against Wimbledon 🤔

Please stop digging and at least give them to half time against Wigan 

• Cheers all.
    You need to pay your internet package mate :)
  • edited July 29
    I'm prepared to give Berry and Docherty leeway considering I've only seen one once and the other twice. But Coventry, we have had our pants pulled down. 20+ games. Was he ever better tham mediocre in any? 

Had to laugh when he dribbled the ball almost the entire length of the box, when a simple touch into 18 yard area would have drawn a penalty. He ended up passing it to their keeper.

I have no affinity with Bexley, who I suspect doesn't watch games, just takes opposing views. If not rating Coventry, Gilly, Jones, Edun, Watson, Docherty is controversial then so be it. 

• Just a curious question to pass the time while we wait for players to be sold.  

All good teams have a few show stoppers, a small core of players who you’d say “we’re in trouble if he gets injured”.  Who are they in our squad now?  I can’t really name any, which to me doesn’t bode well.  
    Chuks 👍🏼
    Absolutely our number 1 game changer mate!  But not sure we ever have or ever will rely on him 🤕 
  • CafcSCP said:
    I'm prepared to give Berry and Docherty leeway considering I've only seen one once and the other twice. But Coventry, we have had our pants pulled down. 20+ games. Was he ever better tham mediocre in any? 

Had to laugh when he dribbled the ball almost the entire length of the box, when a simple touch into 18 yard area would have drawn a penalty. He ended up passing it to their keeper.

I have no affinity with Bexley, who I suspect doesn't watch games, just takes opposing views. If not rating Coventry, Gilly, Jones, Edun, Watson, Docherty is controversial then so be it. 

Hardly had our pants down!! There was no fee, and I’d bet we could get rid of him tomorrow if we put him up for sale.
    i seem to remember plenty digging out Dobson at the start.

Wasnt the fee around seven figures for Conor Coventry?
  • CafcSCP said:

Hardly had our pants down!! There was no fee, and I’d bet we could get rid of him tomorrow if we put him up for sale.

Correct 10,000.99
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 29
    CafcSCP said:

No, Cawley confirmed he was free with a significant sell on clause. 

CafcSCP said:

Assuming he joined us because we offered better wages than elsewhere I would imagine his stock has gone down rather than up given his lack of impact so far, so I suspect we would have to pay a chunk of his wages to move him on (not that I think we would even consider it).  I hope he comes good.
  • CafcSCP said:

I think it was the same fee we paid for Francis Jeffers
  • Did anyone bigging up Berry and Docherty go to AFCW on Saturday?
    And Docherty was one of the players who looked ok 
  • Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
    Well short is a stretch if we get Begovic we can put a good team out with a solid bench. Yeah another two would be nice but we’re not well short.
    If we want to get out of this league with Birmingham and Wrexham in it we are still well short of the quality needed imo, and Begovic hasn't signed yet that might depend on players going as well. 
  • I'm prepared to give Berry and Docherty leeway considering I've only seen one once and the other twice. But Coventry, we have had our pants pulled down. 20+ games. Was he ever better tham mediocre in any? 

He was our best player at Derby away in what was one of our best team performances last season.

He’s not done it enough at all for us so far, but he’s done it for MK at this level, he’s done it for Rotherham at the level above, so I’d maybe wait till the proper games start before judging him. Joining mid-season isn’t easy, especially joining a struggling team 
  • jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Can't sign anyone else until players are sold, still well short imo so not good news.
    Well short is a stretch if we get Begovic we can put a good team out with a solid bench. Yeah another two would be nice but we’re not well short.
    If we want to get out of this league with Birmingham and Wrexham in it we are still well short of the quality needed imo, and Begovic hasn't signed yet that might depend on players going as well. 
    Birmingham I agree, Wrexham I really don’t get the fascination with them they didn’t even win league 2 and they’re best signing is George Dobson .
  • jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    What quality have Wrexham got in this league? 
  • Sponsored links:

• jondon76 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    What quality have Wrexham got in this league? 
    They have momentum and plenty ££££££ if needed. 
  • doronron said:
    Got a feeling we won't sign anyone till we have shifted some out first 
    Yes, I’d like to confirm that;)
  • Colin/Bexley Boy/Ronnie has a new login. Please ignore. 
    What is it?
  • Gammon said:
    My QPR mate said Begovic is the worse keeper he's ever seen. That a lampost would move quicker. Obviously it's a very bias opinion but thought I'd share.
    Now that’s a surprise!
  • Hal1x said:
    Gammon said:
    My QPR mate said Begovic is the worse keeper he's ever seen. That a lampost would move quicker. Obviously it's a very bias opinion but thought I'd share.
    Thats a very illuminating comment.
    Is that straight up?
  • Colin/Bexley Boy/Ronnie has a new login. Please ignore. 
    What is it?

Plymouth Brethren:
    He has a hotline to a higher source.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!