Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Isted has been dining out on that performance in the play off final for Barnsley for sometime.

Was basically hopeless for us.
    That Crawley cup game with Isted in goal , it looked like Crawley would score everytime they shot at him , he was awful that night 
  • Well we’ll know soon enough. Wigan will tell us all we need to know. 
  • The fact that golfie has a post complaining that we can’t get rid of our lesser players and then another post immediately after it complaining when we get rid of one of our lesser players because it’s ’waste’ and ‘churn’ is such a perfect summary of him as a poster. They should hang it in the museum
    Every silver lining has a cloud.
  • No point overreacting to a friendly result. I've not followed much of pre season, still think we're missing a few players to really challenge and letting May go cheaply was a bad decision 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 28
    Sage said:
    At the bottom of this article, NJ says Potts is still with us but had a big week in training, probably putting him through his paces, whilst Bishop is currently not training with us. We can’t sign anyone further until we trim the squad. I would assume both players will have contracts offered but we can’t continue until players like Fraser and Ness are off the books.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/nathan-jones-on-charlton-transfer-link-to-asmir-begovic-and-absence-of-triallists/

So if we cant get rid of the old dross our hands are tied.

16th might be a good finish then. 
    I don’t get this. If we can’t get rid of players like AMB, Fraser and ness who helped us finish 16th last year despite bringing in better players ahead of them, limiting their game time, we will finish lower than when they were involved??

i think that without moving on players and bolstering the squad further, our goals might not be achieved, but worse than last year which was the lowest of the low?
  • mart77 said:
    More waste.

How many more players is Scott going to be allowed to sign that will leave before their contracts are up. Churn after churn after churn. 

The more I read tonight the worse it gets. 
    Its more to do with new manager wants a diff type of keeper Isted was a decent keeper but one as to go to being in the experienced one that Jones wants 
  • shirty5 said:
    The squad is far too big. Outs are required first before the new ones are brought in.

The trouble there is who wants the ones Jones does not want. If they do go more than likely it will be at the end of August. 

McGrandles went early as a club was interested and wanted the deal done quick
    The trouble is we pay big wages and when your looking for other league one and league two sides to take our players they are not going to get anywhere near what we pay .. Fraser being a prime example teams in the Scottish premier can’t match what we are paying him which is stopping any permanent deal .. 
  • I think we will do better than last year and finish at least 15th and prove we are making great steps forward.
    Looking forward to being the one who called it 1st and proved the most right fan on here.
    My mate thinks we should get automatic promotion and that anything else is failure. Jones hasn’t made the changes he thinks he should have and that allowing May to leave was wrong. He is looking to be the most right fan.
    Could we both be right?
  • edited July 28
    shirty5 said:
    The squad is far too big. Outs are required first before the new ones are brought in.

The trouble there is who wants the ones Jones does not want. If they do go more than likely it will be at the end of August. 

The trouble is we pay big wages and when your looking for other league one and league two sides to take our players they are not going to get anywhere near what we pay .. Fraser being a prime example teams in the Scottish premier can’t match what we are paying him which is stopping any permanent deal .. 
    what that says is the people running the club pay too much for very average players, who are badly scouted.
  • mart77 said:

Good news.  A really poor signing by us.  Seemed a nice chap so good luck to him but there are many, many better L1 keepers around.

Maybe Burton would like to take AMB, Fraser, Edun and Gillesphey too...
    I'd add Coventry, Watson, Jones and REG (if deemed a CB). None of these NJ picks but most surely on good money for L1.

But yet to see why he bought Berry and Docherty.
    Tough crowd!
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyway...assume no rumours...not even a rumour of a rumour...🤔
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    mart77 said:

Good news.  A really poor signing by us.  Seemed a nice chap so good luck to him but there are many, many better L1 keepers around.

Maybe Burton would like to take AMB, Fraser, Edun and Gillesphey too...
    I'd add Coventry, Watson, Jones and REG (if deemed a CB). None of these NJ picks but most surely on good money for L1.

But yet to see why he bought Berry and Docherty.
    Docherty and Berry are very good players for this level and Iv seen glimpses of both so far to know they’ll turn out good for us, Coventry I’m not sold on yet though I’d try Taylor against Pompey.
    Are they capable players? I've seen both comfortable on the ball in tight places. Occasionally. Not today. No end product. Slide rule passes? Only back to defenders. Dribbling? Not in the locker of either. Dobson-like tackling? No way. Even NJ mantra of pressing? Yet to see it. Pace? Dont think so. Heading ability? They are short arses. Pratley like shithousery? No. Dictate a game? Send me a link.

Please although  Berry had nearly half a season of a Premiership relegation year, why are they good midfielders?
    You’re basing all that on a 70 minute pre season friendly. Iv seen both players play over the last few seasons and they’re better players than Dobson for a start.
    I "liked" this initially but removed it as, in the same way we shouldn't judge the new boys on a few minutes in pre season, we can't say that they are better players than Dobson (for us) until we've seen them in competitive action.

We don't have a like for like replacement for Dobson and that is clearly by design, given the way Jones played him as a "number 8" and was obviously talking about his haring about the pitch making tackles as "the parts of his game that the fans like that I'm trying to coach out of him".

Will it work? Who knows but it will need pressing from the front and defenders that step up to help the midfield when needed.
  • Anyway...assume no rumours...not even a rumour of a rumour...🤔
    Sheff Weds fan site linking us, and half a dozen other clubs, with Matt Smith.

1/10 probability IMHO
  • The fact that golfie has a post complaining that we can’t get rid of our lesser players and then another post immediately after it complaining when we get rid of one of our lesser players because it’s ’waste’ and ‘churn’ is such a perfect summary of him as a poster. They should hang it in the museum
    My resolution for the season ahead is to skip past his posts. I tried it yesterday and it works. My blood pressure is back in the normal zone and I am not grinding my teeth whilst I'm asleep.
    Golfies posts amuse me but I skip Ronnies posts. Don't feed the troll. 
  • Hartleypete said:Fraser was signed by TS 
    shirty5 said:

what that says is the people running the club pay too much for very average players, who are badly scouted.
    Fraser was a Thomas signing 
  • I didn’t follow any of the match yesterday because I was watching the U23s play. Only listened to Nathan Jones interview and just IMO, if that was a league performance I would be expecting Anderson & Kanu both to start the next game because they give the required levels of aggression that Jones likes. 

Cant read to much into a friendly,
    especially from the outside it looks difficult to confidently name the starting 11 v Wigan. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!