Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited July 26

Good grief how many chances does he need to score from 5 yards out. He might well have more to his game & only be young but if you can't hit the target from there it's worrying.
    Bloody hell give him a break. He’s obviously got something about him and definitely worth a punt. Not as if he’s Alfie’s direct replacement. No disrespect to his Jamaican club but in our environment he should come on in leaps and bounds.
    No, if he wants to play for us his spirit must be broken and early. Last thing we need is an outbreak of optimism.
    I doubt that he's read my post 
    Well possibly not but you believed I was Lyle Taylor a few months back, i dont think its too much of stretch a 19 year old kid about to sign for a professional club in London may check their forum ?

PS  before you (or the the guy that first floated the Taylor conspiracy, forgot his name) start - I am not Kaheim Dixon either.
  • Dixon looks like an exciting prospect, but the words of caution about not expecting too much too soon are sensible. Difficult to know what the standard of the Jamaican league is but I imagine that Tyreece Campbell would look absolutely top drawer in that competition.
  • Apparently set for first team squad. I wonder how much Jones had to say about this one. 
  • How many matches do people think this new lad will play, 5/10 in his first year, if he settles?
    That will depend entirely on how well he plays. 

As things stand it's impossible to say.
  • Davo55 said:
    Dixon looks like an exciting prospect, but the words of caution about not expecting too much too soon are sensible. Difficult to know what the standard of the Jamaican league is but I imagine that Tyreece Campbell would look absolutely top drawer in that competition.
    Come on, we are Charlton fans, of course we’ll expect the earth the moment he steps on the pitch and slate him relentlessly if he doesn’t deliver first game😹
  • Apparently set for first team squad. I wonder how much Jones had to say about this one. 
    My thoughts too. Why are we going after a winger when Jones doesn’t even play with wingers? 

Feels to me like the first signing that won’t have been pushed by the manager this summer. Seems like a player he doesn’t really need.
  • Sponsored links:

• How many matches do people think this new lad will play, 5/10 in his first year, if he settles?
    That will depend entirely on how well he plays. 

As things stand it's impossible to say.
    And of course, if he actually signs for us, lots of assumptions so far...WIOTOS...🙄
    Difficult to say. He looks very raw so i'd expect any impact early on to come from the bench and then we just have to see how he gets on.
  • I definitely think we’re more likely to see Campbell played in a more central role than a winger and I’m guessing that’s the intention for Dixon too once he’s settled in. I’m also guessing that we won’t see hide nor hair of him any time soon. I’d imagine the learning curve and personal adjustments he’s going to need will take time. Will be exciting to see how this one develops. 
  • redbuttle said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No shots of the goalkeepers in this morning's training pics, wonder why that is
    Harry and AMB are having medicals at their new clubs, and Begovic is having his medical with us...🙄
    I think Isted will go and AMB will stay.
    Maybe right, I was being Facetious...🙄
    Thanks for letting me know. 
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No shots of the goalkeepers in this morning's training pics, wonder why that is
    Harry and AMB are having medicals at their new clubs, and Begovic is having his medical with us...🙄
    I think Isted will go and AMB will stay.
    Maybe right, I was being Facetious...🙄
    Thanks for letting me know. 
    It was nothing...👍
  • Sponsored links:

Difficult to say. He looks very raw so i'd expect any impact early on to come from the bench and then we just have to see how he gets on.
    That said, compared to some of the well and truly cooked signings in recent years...
  • just because NJ's preferred formation doesn't necessarily include a winger - it would be mental to literally have none at the club available if a change is needed
    Campbell 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Regardless of the views, not one of us has ever seen this kid in person I don't think, and we certainly have no idea of the level of the Jamaican league. I hope the kid is amazing, but I won't heap pressure on him. Firstly moving abroad from what he knows for the first time in his life and secondly, his a young kid. Let's give him time and hopefully watch him blossom in a charlton shirt. 
    How many matches do people think he’ll play in the  team this season, 5 maybe 10 matches?
    i think it will depend on what he produces in training in front of Jones. If i was to bet, i'd say 5-10 cameos, however if he makes quite the impact, i think he could end up making 20+. all if's and maybe's though at this stage. Like IF he will even be given a WP or ESC space.
  • shirty5 said:
    just because NJ's preferred formation doesn't necessarily include a winger - it would be mental to literally have none at the club available if a change is needed
    Campbell 
    Yeah you need two to play wingers though, even more pointless having just one
  • You could argue Josh Edwards also provides another option out wide if we decide to pivot to a formation with wingers, could probably push Tennai up in emergency circumstances too, gives us two attacking minded and defensive minded wingers. Smart. 
  • shirty5 said:
    just because NJ's preferred formation doesn't necessarily include a winger - it would be mental to literally have none at the club available if a change is needed
    Campbell 
    New SLP interview with Methven has this line in it:

'Tyreece Campbell is also firmly viewed as a central striker and not in the wide role he has played in recent seasons.'
  • Isted going to Burton according to Cawley 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!