Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• 🤷‍♂️
  • Kap10 said:
    Interesting that we're signing a winger despite playing a wingerless formation, either we think we can turn him into a wingback or perhaps he is being viewed as one for the U21 side for now
    Interesting that we're signing a winger despite playing a wingerless formation, either we think we can turn him into a wingback or perhaps he is being viewed as one for the U21 side for now
    Thought Nathan didn’t like wingers.?
    maybe he has drunk some Red Bull *

* Sorry don't think I had contributed a shit joke to this thread yet
    Welcome to the club. You’re a raw talent. But a promising start.
  • https://youtu.be/ScpOizCXOwQ?feature=shared

Some of these comments 😮 he could be abit special and still so young
    Good grief how many chances does he need to score from 5 yards out. He might well have more to his game & only be young but if you can't hit the target from there it's worrying.
  • I remembers getting excited about a young winger from the Caribbean once before, he was hyped a bit and needed a work permit. Christian Bolaonos. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Dixon is now out of the bag… very very highly rated, and a great coup for us, lot of big clubs after him. 
    Time will tell on that one
  • edited July 25
    Very happy to give him a break 
    Good grief how many chances does he need to score from 5 yards out. He might well have more to his game & only be young but if you can't hit the target from there it's worrying.
    Bloody hell give him a break. He’s obviously got something about him and definitely worth a punt. Not as if he’s Alfie’s direct replacement. No disrespect to his Jamaican club but in our environment he should come on in leaps and bounds.
    Very happy to give him a break & wish him well at Charlton if he signs but if that was Casey or Mbick hitting the post, knocking it wide, goalie saving from 5 yards out people would be saying that they're nowhere near the first team & yet we hear that he's coming into the first team squad. In a very short video he looks very raw & more suited to under 21s 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope the club and the fans don't put too much expectation on his head too soon.

He'll probably need time to settle into the country, possibly easier given he's from Jamaica with all the links between the big island and London, but he's still only 19.

He's also grown up outside academy football.

That might be a good thing as he's not had the unexpected coached out of him but he may also not be as fit as league one players usually are and almost certainly not as fit as Jones wants his players to be.

He may also lack some positional/tactical nous. Not because he's bad but because he's 19 and playing in a different league.

He has played international football so the change may not be that great but I hope he isn't rushed in too early and some games on the bench or at U21 level aren't seen as an indication of failure.
    Are there any Ricardo Fuller shirts in the museum for the photoshoot  ;)

• Good grief how many chances does he need to score from 5 yards out. He might well have more to his game & only be young but if you can't hit the target from there it's worrying.
    Bloody hell give him a break. He’s obviously got something about him and definitely worth a punt. Not as if he’s Alfie’s direct replacement. No disrespect to his Jamaican club but in our environment he should come on in leaps and bounds.
    No, if he wants to play for us his spirit must be broken and early. Last thing we need is an outbreak of optimism.
    I doubt that he's read my post 
  • Hope the club and the fans don't put too much expectation on his head too soon.

He'll probably need time to settle into the country, possibly easier given he's from Jamaica with all the links between the big island and London, but he's still only 19.

He's also grown up outside academy football.

That might be a good thing as he's not had the unexpected coached out of him but he may also not be as fit as league one players usually are and almost certainly not as fit as Jones wants his players to be.

He may also lack some positional/tactical nous. Not because he's bad but because he's 19 and playing in a different league.

He has played international football so the change may not be that great but I hope he isn't rushed in too early and some games on the bench or at U21 level aren't seen as an indication of failure.
    Bollocks to the that, he’s gonna rip this league a new one! 

HMS PTL
  • edited July 25
    https://youtu.be/ScpOizCXOwQ?feature=shared

No, if he wants to play for us his spirit must be broken and early. Last thing we need is an outbreak of optimism.

Optimists

• Very happy to give him a break 
    Very happy to give him a break & wish him well at Charlton if he signs but if that was Casey or Mbick hitting the post, knocking it wide, goalie saving from 5 yards out people would abe saying that they're nowhere near the first team & yet we hear that he's coming into the first team squad. In a very short video he looks very raw & more suited to under 21s 
    I’m sure you could find videos of top strikers missing simple chances. Just as there are YouTube highlights that make poor players looking amazing.

The good thing is we have five first team strikers plus Campbell. He wouldn’t be coming in to be first choice from the start, he can be eased in and start games if he shows he’s ready.

With Casey and Mbick doing well in the u21s he must be very promising as we won’t want to slow their progress and have too many young players in one position.
  • edited July 25
    https://youtu.be/ScpOizCXOwQ?feature=shared

Can't please people can you. 
  • Let's wait till he gets to Heathrow.  If he turns up with his banjo and pet cow, we are cooking on gas lads!!!
  • kafka said:
    This Dixon fella sounds exciting. Love a obscure transfer, they'll either be total crap or amazing. I think the squad needs a bit of a livewire to get people exited hopefully this is the fella to do it 
    Let’s hope then Dixon’s not Dickson. 
    ALL exciting " Dickos" ( my Dad's nickname in the army) are spelt with an "x".

Cuz Kaheim. Like the sound of that .

Might even sponsor his shirt ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't I say something about a winger? 

• Good grief how many chances does he need to score from 5 yards out. He might well have more to his game & only be young but if you can't hit the target from there it's worrying.
    Or anyone hopefully 

Or anyone hopefully 
    "Or anyone hopefully"  has read my post ? Hmm I see a slight problem there  :*
  • Can this Dixon kid play in goal?
  • https://x.com/jackofootball1/status/1816667632675762552?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

Kaheim Dixon - Welcome to Charleton Athletic - Highlights 2024 (HD)
  • Is Dixon left or right footed?
  • edited July 26
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!