Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:
    Desperately trying to figure out a chant to the tune of Rock The Casbah beginning with the line "Kaheim don't like it" but can't think of anything other than "hit the crossbar" which is not exactly what we want our forwards to be doing
    According to some on here that's closer than having a shot saved by the goalkeeper  🤷‍♂️.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Desperately trying to figure out a chant to the tune of Rock The Casbah beginning with the line "Kaheim don't like it" but can't think of anything other than "hit the crossbar" which is not exactly what we want our forwards to be doing
    According to some on here that's closer than having a shot saved by the goalkeeper  🤷‍♂️.
    Bloody 'ell Golfie, not that old one again...please...🙄
  • Some of the time on here you just have to sit back and say to yourself, "this is what it must of been like the day Lennon and McCartney met!"
  • Interesting that we're signing a winger despite playing a wingerless formation, either we think we can turn him into a wingback or perhaps he is being viewed as one for the U21 side for now
    Interesting that we're signing a winger despite playing a wingerless formation, either we think we can turn him into a wingback or perhaps he is being viewed as one for the U21 side for now
    Thought Nathan didn’t like wingers.?
    maybe he has drunk some Red Bull *

* Sorry don't think I had contributed a shit joke to this thread yet
  • Dixon is an intriguing one. Reports suggest he’s very highly rated and we’ve done well to get close. Apart from the video clips I of course know nothing about him but he looks, and I hate the term “raw”. I could be very wrong but I think the biggest problem for Jones with Dixon could be game discipline. Seems like a Jones prerequisite, so this one will be interesting to watch unfold. On the other hand the kid could launch like a rocket. 
  • As I've posted above, his closing down will create numerous goal chances and offset NJs desire to play to a pattern.  Miles who?
  • I am sure NJ said that he likes to develop young players.
  • Campbell has played as a free running second striker in preseason.  Could that be what NJ Could utilise Dixon as or with the addition of him we could change to 442 or 433 if required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Does anyone know or heard anything about this Begovic rumour?
    Another day, same 'joke'. 
    Another day pages of repetitive posts, all repeating what others have already said, with almost next to no substance or foundation.
    If you don’t like repetitive posts, then why do you keep making the same repetitive “joke” and posts. Do what I do Ignore them.

Oh bugger.
    I’m simply responding to @talal and his comment about my repetitive posts, this whole thread is repetitive, don’t see him complaining about that?
    I usually just scroll on but you do it so often and don't seem to contribute anything else so I'm wondering what the point is? 
    That just about sums up the majority of posts on this thread @talal

I, like everyone else, come on this thread hoping beyond hope, that there's a rumour and occasionally there is.

I'm not ITK and most on here aren't either, so, whats the point in posting waffle and just clogging up the thread with shite, and I'm not the first to say that.
  • Subject to work permit is a worry. 
    He's from outside the UK so will surely need some sort of work permit regardless

He's also a full International having played eight games for Jamaica now, so cant see it being an issue - If he was someone with zero International experience then it would probably be a slight concern, but doubt we'd be bothering if we knew it would be a problem.
    Jesus. You might want to chill out. We hadn’t heard of him a couple of hours ago.
    😉
    Jesus. You might want to chill out. We hadn’t heard of him a couple of hours ago.
    😉
    Scoham has put my mind to rest on this one. 
    He's from outside the UK so will surely need some sort of work permit regardless

He's also a full International having played eight games for Jamaica now, so cant see it being an issue - If he was someone with zero International experience then it would probably be a slight concern, but doubt we'd be bothering if we knew it would be a problem.

This is where I'm at - I doubt we'd be going to the effort of trying to sign him if we didn't think it would be straightforward for him to get a work permit sorted. Sounds like someone that would easily qualify under the GBE rules anyway as a full international.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Subject to work permit is a worry. 

This is where I'm at - I doubt we'd be going to the effort of trying to sign him if we didn't think it would be straightforward for him to get a work permit sorted. Sounds like someone that would easily qualify under the GBE rules anyway as a full international.
    I don't know about that, I think we've been here before (can't remember who though. Too many players came and go).
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Does anyone know or heard anything about this Begovic rumour?
    Another day, same 'joke'. 
    Another day pages of repetitive posts, all repeating what others have already said, with almost next to no substance or foundation.
    If you don’t like repetitive posts, then why do you keep making the same repetitive “joke” and posts. Do what I do Ignore them.

Oh bugger.
    I’m simply responding to @talal and his comment about my repetitive posts, this whole thread is repetitive, don’t see him complaining about that?
    I usually just scroll on but you do it so often and don't seem to contribute anything else so I'm wondering what the point is? 
    That just about sums up the majority of posts on this thread @talal

I, like everyone else, come on this thread hoping beyond hope, that there's a rumour and occasionally there is.

I'm not ITK and most on here aren't either, so, whats the point in posting waffle and just clogging up the thread with shite, and I'm not the first to say that.
    You have not had one like to support your comments this afternoon to any of your posts.
    The posts explaining how much you are pissing people off have loads of likes.
    Surely just surely you can see many people are just sick of your nonsense?
    Please just don't open the thread and let the rest of us get on with it.
    Please.
    I think he only sees things in black and white!
  • edited July 25
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX1TYSZ4B40

Jamaican view on Dixon to Charlton 

• Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Is this the player @Swisdom said would be a "wild ride" if we got him?
    Yes
    Potentially the biggest talent in the Caribbean. 
    raw but there’s a couple of goals he’s scored that would have fans jumping out of their seats 

but if he comes on as much as is anticipated he is unlikely to be around for too long
    Not concerned about that at all. Finding players with that potential is one of the things we need to be doing for us to improve.

Sell an exciting pacey striker after a good season in the Championship and you’ve easily got a £10m+ player there. Possibly more when you think we sold Lookman for close to that in L1.
  • edited July 25
  • edited July 25
  • edited July 25
  • edited July 25
  • kafka said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Subject to work permit is a worry. 

I don't know about that, I think we've been here before (can't remember who though. Too many players came and go).
    Christian ceballos was on trial. Think he was Costa Rican. He got turned down.
    saw him play a pre season friendly v NZ if I remember correctly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!