Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited July 26
  • Can this Dixon kid play in goal?
    Rush goalie according to reports of his speed!
  • I’ve watched a few Dixon interviews. The boy can’t sit or stand still. Got energy to burn!
  • If he's any good he'll be sold in January. 
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Permits I don’t believe will be an issue, all the boxes ticked, more of awaiting the official paperwork. The club didn’t want this one out earlier, have extremely high hopes, only negative will carry a high sell on value, they feel can make good money on him
    Dare I suggest that this potentially is a big success for Charlie Methven, and the connections he's created with Jamaica?
    Ironically he's a player that was not at Mount Pleasant.  His coach in Jamaica contacted us and said "he should be playing in Europe".  Now why did he contact us?  Is it because we are breaking ground over there with the academy?

Charlie and Bert Dawkins went over there to represent the club and clearly made an impression.
    I met the owner of Mount Pleasant at the Wyvombe game and she was a lovely lady.  It's a fabulous charity and there are synergies with University of Greenwich planned for the future I believe

For all the shit this club has done in the past dozen years - it really does feel we are turning a corner and it would be REALLY good if the fans could get behind initiatives like the one in Jamaica as well as all the other stuff going on.

Could we be getting our Charlton back?
    Well if we are going to offer tickets and Valley Express extends its reach I will consider giving it a go 😆😉

But the pick up times might  be awkward. 
  • Does this 'Looks Crisp' reference about Dixon mean he is the next Gary Lineker?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Dixon is now out of the bag… very very highly rated, and a great coup for us, lot of big clubs after him. 
    Why on earth is he signing for us then?
    Agent Anderson!
  • ButtleJR said:
    No shots of the goalkeepers in this morning's training pics, wonder why that is...
    What have you heard? 👀 

Are we at 🧤✍️🔜 stage?
  • Sponsored links:

• redbuttle said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No shots of the goalkeepers in this morning's training pics, wonder why that is
    Harry and AMB are having medicals at their new clubs, and Begovic is having his medical with us...🙄
    I think Isted will go and AMB will stay.
    Maybe right, I was being Facetious...🙄
  • ButtleJR said:
    No shots of the goalkeepers in this morning's training pics, wonder why that is...
    There were shots of goalkeepers backs in yesterday’s but I couldn’t identify who they were? Assumed it was the usual suspects or………..
  • 🧤👀📝✍️...🤷‍♂️
  • All I got to say about Dixon signing is Irie Irie ire 
    Who does he play for?
  • Dixon is clearly low risk high reward (potentially), lets be honest most of us aren't very clued up on the players we sign from this country let alone the qualities of the Jamaican league. I assume we have got him fairly cheap, if he turns out develop nicely in to a squad player its a good result, if he becomes a top player for us even better. Equally if he doesnt make it he moves on and we have spent very little time/money on him.
  • edited July 26
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Regardless of the views, not one of us has ever seen this kid in person I don't think, and we certainly have no idea of the level of the Jamaican league. I hope the kid is amazing, but I won't heap pressure on him. Firstly moving abroad from what he knows for the first time in his life and secondly, his a young kid. Let's give him time and hopefully watch him blossom in a charlton shirt. 
    How many matches do people think he’ll play in the  team this season, 5 maybe 10 matches?
  • edited July 26

Good grief how many chances does he need to score from 5 yards out. He might well have more to his game & only be young but if you can't hit the target from there it's worrying.
    Bloody hell give him a break. He’s obviously got something about him and definitely worth a punt. Not as if he’s Alfie’s direct replacement. No disrespect to his Jamaican club but in our environment he should come on in leaps and bounds.
    No, if he wants to play for us his spirit must be broken and early. Last thing we need is an outbreak of optimism.
    I doubt that he's read my post 
  • How many matches do people think this new lad will play, 5/10 in his first year, if he settles?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!