Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Does anyone know or heard anything about this Begovic rumour?
    Another day, same 'joke'. 
    Another day pages of repetitive posts, all repeating what others have already said, with almost next to no substance or foundation.
    If you don’t like repetitive posts, then why do you keep making the same repetitive “joke” and posts. Do what I do Ignore them.

Oh bugger.
    I’m simply responding to @talal and his comment about my repetitive posts, this whole thread is repetitive, don’t see him complaining about that?
    I usually just scroll on but you do it so often and don't seem to contribute anything else so I'm wondering what the point is? 
    That just about sums up the majority of posts on this thread @talal

I, like everyone else, come on this thread hoping beyond hope, that there's a rumour and occasionally there is.

I'm not ITK and most on here aren't either, so, whats the point in posting waffle and just clogging up the thread with shite, and I'm not the first to say that.
    You have not had one like to support your comments this afternoon to any of your posts.
    The posts explaining how much you are pissing people off have loads of likes.
    Surely just surely you can see many people are just sick of your nonsense?
    Please just don't open the thread and let the rest of us get on with it.
    Please.
    You clearly haven’t looked closely.

Everyone says the same about golfie and ronnie, doesn’t stop them posting. Nor will it stop me.

As everyone keeps saying if you don’t like a post don’t read it.
  • Anyone seen the latest X clip from the training ground?

Could only see the backs of the goalies, and one looked like Begovic.
  • Interesting 
  • edited July 25
    Swisdom said:
    Not sure if this will work but here are 3 of his goals.  Not bad for a 19 year old.  I enjoyed the right footed one.  a proper "fuck off" of a finish
    Nice calm finishes all three @Swisdom
  • So we have a couple of rumours, and people go into partial meltdown because other posters have not posted what they would have posted themselves.

Pretty funny really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Is this the player @Swisdom said would be a "wild ride" if we got him?
    Dicks on?
  • Subject to work permit is a worry. 
    Now who was that man from Japan or was it Brazil.
    Think he was called Alex. A Japanese-Brazilian footballer.
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Permits I don’t believe will be an issue, all the boxes ticked, more of awaiting the official paperwork. The club didn’t want this one out earlier, have extremely high hopes, only negative will carry a high sell on value, they feel can make good money on him
    Dare I suggest that this potentially is a big success for Charlie Methven, and the connections he's created with Jamaica?
    Ironically he's a player that was not at Mount Pleasant.  His coach in Jamaica contacted us and said "he should be playing in Europe".  Now why did he contact us?  Is it because we are breaking ground over there with the academy?

Charlie and Bert Dawkins went over there to represent the club and clearly made an impression.
    I met the owner of Mount Pleasant at the Wyvombe game and she was a lovely lady.  It's a fabulous charity and there are synergies with University of Greenwich planned for the future I believe

For all the shit this club has done in the past dozen years - it really does feel we are turning a corner and it would be REALLY good if the fans could get behind initiatives like the one in Jamaica as well as all the other stuff going on.

Could we be getting our Charlton back?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. That the wider connections with Jamaican football we are creating will give us a significant advantage in making signings from there, if we're at a similar level to the rival clubs after players.
  • Henry Irving said:
    Subject to work permit is a worry. 
    Alex
    Cheers.    I can now sleep soundly.
    David Aparecido da Silva? A striker who I rate. Getting on but could do a job.
  • Sponsored links:

Thanks👍
  • edited July 25
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Santos

“In August 2002, Santos agreed to join English Premier League club Charlton Athletic. But he was denied a work permit by the Home Office because he had not made the minimum number of national team appearances required for players from outside the European Union and returned to Shimizu for the remainder of the season.”
  • Dixon coming in from Arnett Gardens. 
    They also have a young lad who plays for them with a surname "King" (Amarlie).  We had a trialist for our U18 on tour in Jamaica called King. 
    Maybe the same?
    Wonder if he is being looked at too.
  • sam3110 said:
    Alex played 82 times for Japan in the end. 

I'm sure if Liverpool or similar tried to sign him in 2002 they'd have got him no questions asked. Cristian Bolanos was another, bizarrely played for us against the New Zealand national team
    Gutted we got neither at the time both went on to have pretty good careers.
  • This Dixon fella sounds exciting. Love a obscure transfer, they'll either be total crap or amazing. I think the squad needs a bit of a livewire to get people exited hopefully this is the fella to do it 
    If/when he does sign I imagine he's going to be this season's JRS - periods where he looks completely unplayable and tears open defences single-handedly... and also occasional games or series of games where he looks like the young boy against men that he is.

A live wire/wild card option is a very useful thing to have, so fingers crossed he does sign and turns out to be that sprinkle of magic on top of Jones' high effort/intensity pressing style.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!