Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    I think the biggest thing is rich hasn't shot down the rumour yet, but begovic would be a massive signing 
    At 6ft 6, that is massive for a Charlton goalkeeper 
    Read an article recently that stated Graham Tutt was 6ft 5, surely our tallest keeper?
    I think Lewis Ward was about about 6ft 5
  • shirty5 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    I think the biggest thing is rich hasn't shot down the rumour yet, but begovic would be a massive signing 
    Read an article recently that stated Graham Tutt was 6ft 5, surely our tallest keeper?
    Another one I've just remembered Sam Walker who was about 6ft6.
    Whatever happened to him? 

• shirty5 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Another one I've just remembered Sam Walker who was about 6ft6.
    Whatever happened to him? 

Spent the second half of the season as first choice at Bradford. 
  • edited July 25
    Really excited that ‘Beggo’ is  signing today…
  • Todd Cantwell available

Now that would be an interesting one. Career really hasn't worked out since he broke through at Norwich , would be a bit of a gamble if NJ could get him to fit his style but definitely would add creativity. 
  • Yeah let’s come back to reality on that one..
  • Sponsored links:

• So AMB doesn’t follow Begovic on Instagram… 😂
  • https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1816384007770148991?t=TbYXfykQjzsWx_UpeKZuFA&s=19

Had fair few people ask me about #cafc and a move for Asmir Begovic.

Had been told the former QPR keeper was a player of interest right at the start of the summer.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Begovic has liked a comment on his post from last night...
    It’s a sign, I tell e!
  • JordanJLD said:
    So AMB doesn’t follow Begovic on Instagram… 😂
    It’s another sign.
  • Begovic is an interesting one. Possibly only exciting because of the player he was. That said, I am hoping that whoever is put no 1 next season will be facing fewer shots so what we need more than anything is an experienced keeper who can command his area and bark instructions to his defenders so he could well do that job.

Biggest problem for me has been a succession of keepers who seem far too quiet although frankly our entire defence has been. 

• There’s no bigger sign than this: an anagram of Asmir Begovic is orgasmic vibe.
    Think we may have shot our bolt with this one...🤦‍♂️
  • IanJRO said:
    Begovic is an interesting one. Possibly only exciting because of the player he was. That said, I am hoping that whoever is put no 1 next season will be facing fewer shots so what we need more than anything is an experienced keeper who can command his area and bark instructions to his defenders so he could well do that job.

Biggest problem for me has been a succession of keepers who seem far too quiet although frankly our entire defence has been. 

Get Roger Johnson back?
  • Sponsored links:

• IanJRO said:
    Begovic is an interesting one. Possibly only exciting because of the player he was. That said, I am hoping that whoever is put no 1 next season will be facing fewer shots so what we need more than anything is an experienced keeper who can command his area and bark instructions to his defenders so he could well do that job.

100%. A defence needs a marshall. Ideally it’s your Jason Pearce type at CB but a goalkeeper with a voice is just as important. Hopefully we’ll have two next season in Mitchell and Begovic (?). I think we’ve lacked any pulling a team up by the boot laces leader since Pearce and it’s showed. Strikes me Jones has a very good handle on what’s a necessity in his teams. Lots of games won’t be going our way next season and it’s at those times a voice and inspiration on the pitch is required. 
  • I just don’t know about Begovic. I think some of the excitement I’ve seen is way overboard - are people just getting giddy because we haven’t had any signings in a couple of weeks?

Better than what we have in Isted & AMB probably. But doesn’t scream promotion goalkeeper at me. This feels more like a “NJ at Stoke” signing than it does “NJ at Luton” signing.

Hope I’m wrong if it does happen.
    Think the benefit people are seeing is that we have a relatively young defence and Begovic will be able to command them and his area better than what AMB/Isted
  • Despite some QPR naysayers, I reckon he’d be a good signing. We’ve massively missed players with experience and guile over the last few years, particularly at the back. 
    Begovic has captained some of his former clubs and is an experienced pro who would bark at the defence, and the ref. 
    Hope this one happens. 
  • Are people Fawning over Begovic because he's a player we actually know and used to be good? 

45 games in the Championship last season does excite me but he seems to get mixed reviews last season. Experienced keeper could be great for the defence and will help Mannion to come in as our number 1 soon, but something feels a bit off about it. I will ask my QPR mate his thoughts on him. 
  • I just don’t know about Begovic. I think some of the excitement I’ve seen is way overboard - are people just getting giddy because we haven’t had any signings in a couple of weeks?

Better than what we have in Isted & AMB probably. But doesn’t scream promotion goalkeeper at me. This feels more like a “NJ at Stoke” signing than it does “NJ at Luton” signing.

Hope I’m wrong if it does happen.
    We can’t afford to take a punt on someone coming good. A GK that has played at the highest level who reads the game, commands his box and respect of his defence is vocal and has confidence through experience is exactly what’s required to win promotion. 
    Already have … 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!