Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Begovic has been mentioned on Twitter a couple of times.

Played 46 games for QPR last season.
    Now that would be sensational 
    Not a chance we sign him, i know for a fact he wants to sit on the bench and get paid. FACT
    I have no reason to doubt you @Redhenry

I am confused as to why that’s the case though. He must’ve made a decent living at Chelsea/Bournemouth/Stoke etc. 

If he doesn’t want to play football anymore, surely he can retire?
    Why retire when u can be 2nd/3rd choice keeper and earn millions a year
  • Scoham said:
    & Darren Bent, maybe a secret super fan? Does anyone know if he's following Matt Holland? 
  • edited July 24
    Scoham said:
    & Darren Bent, maybe a secret super fan? Does anyone know if he's following Matt Holland? 
    ...and Ryan Reynolds...he's on his way to Wrexham!
  • edited July 24
  • Maybe AMB is joining QPR 🤣
  • barstool said:
    Maybe AMB is joining QPR 🤣
    Would do very well to get a league 2 gig tbf

• felix_31 said:
    A name that cropped up on that QPR forum - Alex Smithies - appears to be a free agent after 2 years bench warming at Leicester 

Edit - Just seen he's retired!
    Ideal then...sign him up!🙄
    not unless he's also injured.
  • Random fan claims Begovic was 100% at the training ground yesterday.

https://x.com/uptheaddicks9/status/1816132353812750816?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
  • Sponsored links:

• Begovic on talksport in a min, mentioned he will be talking about what's next so interested to hear what he says. 
  • edited July 24
    Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:

Not a chance we sign him, i know for a fact he wants to sit on the bench and get paid. FACT
    Richard J said:
    Sounds hopeful on Talk sport.

Begovic is saying his family is important and ideally he wants to be a number 1. 
    Hmm. So is FACT some sort of acronym or something...?
  • edited July 24
    ButtleJR said:
    Begovic asked about Charlton, he laughed and said that's very nice of them. Avoided the question very sheepishly. 
    It's in the onion bag then...👍
  • edited July 24
    Begovic grew up in Edmonton, Canada where I now call home. Believe he came here as a refugee from the Yugoslav civil war. Fun fact, Edmonton is also the home town of Alfonso Davies which basically makes it the hot bed of Canadian football prospects. 

I used to work who a bloke who went to school with Begovic, albeit a couple of years younger. He said he was a decent guy back then.

Would be nice to sign a player I’ve heard of, but that’s no guarantee he’ll be any good. 
  • edited July 24
    Don’t hate Begovic as an option. Age is a concern for a pro footballer but less than otherwise would be because he’s a goalie. If it’s a one or two year deal as a bridge to another younger keeper then it could work.

Adds more leadership and experience to the group as well which we know is something that Nathan Jones values highly. He’s been around a while and should be able to settle in fairly quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• And yes I know Mitchell is only 23 but coming off a very decent year at Lincoln I think he's gained a good mix of experience and quality in that period
  • Begovic could just be another trialist
  • Anyone know how he got on at QPR last season? 

Was their team captain too. 

37 so obviously a short-term fix, hopefully they have an idea for the long-term option in the following seasons. 
    My Father in Law is QPR. He was very annoyed they let him go. In his view he was the only thing holding their awful defence together last year. 
    What, the whole of QPR...impressive...🙄
  • sam3110 said:
    The spine of the team reading Begovic, A.Mitchell, Docherty, Berry, Godden reads so much better than Isted, Hector, Dobson, Fraser, May in my opinion, not necessarily just in footballing ability but in experience and consistency 
    Agree and was captain at qpr last season , team full of ex captains or potential captains is always a good sign.
  • edited July 24
    I fear we are bigging up Begovic, only to be shot down in flames again, I sincerely hope not...🤞
  • edited July 24
    thenewbie said:
    Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:

Richard J said:

Begovic is saying his family is important and ideally he wants to be a number 1. 
    Hmm. So is FACT some sort of acronym or something...?
  • edited July 24
    Richard J said:

isn't Stuart Balmer still No1?.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!