Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Same guy said De Gea has signed for Ipswich. Possibility I guess with McKenna there but did say it 4 days ago.
  • Scoham said:
    Same guy said De Gea has signed for Ipswich. Possibility I guess with McKenna there but did say it 4 days ago.
    Begovic has literally been on record today saying he's not the important one and his daughters due to start GCSE's next year. Rubbish I'd say. 
  • Scoham said:
    Says the account with 52 followers, none of which are remotely connected to anything. Not sure I'd put much stock in anything said there.
  • Wayne Hennessey is available on a free. Welsh connection, possibly still has a place down this way from his Palace days. 

We could do worse.

• Sponsored links:

• I'm not having anyone say Godden is better even terms of experience and ability combined than May. 

May was a proven scorer at this level with 20+ 3 seasons running. Godden had 28 in 73 at this level.
  • edited July 24
    Uboat said:
    I'd like a calm goalkeeper who's seen it all.
    Sam Bartram’s statue could do a job. 
    That's an idea, put Sam's statue in goal, couldn't do any worse than what we currently have on offer at times...
  • Fumbluff said:
    Wayne Hennessey is available on a free. Welsh connection, possibly still has a place down this way from his Palace days. 

We could do worse.

Not sure I’d be enthused by his Nazism…
    Eh ?

Nazism - have I missed something or am I being whooshed ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm not having anyone say Godden is better even terms of experience and ability combined than May. 

May was a proven scorer at this level with 20+ 3 seasons running. Godden had 28 in 73 at this level.
    But Godden still has just as much experience as him if not more as he’s been doing it in the championship the last few seasons something May has never done.
  • If that random Twitter account is accurate about De Gea to Ipswich ( which I doubt ) then that would make Walton available.

Also I can't see why Begovic would swap Aldershot for us in terms of training only. I suspect it is local to him.

I would have thought a non league club would be honoured to have a keeper of that stature training with them and see it as an opportunity for their keepers . They wouldn't turn him away.

Having said that I could see him wanting to assess us and looking at his options. Fingers crossed.
  • Richard J said:
    If that random Twitter account is accurate about De Gea to Ipswich ( which I doubt ) then that would make Walton available.

Also I can't see why Begovic would swap Aldershot for us in terms of training only. I suspect it is local to him.

I would have thought a non league club would be honoured to have a keeper of that stature training with them and see it as an opportunity for their keepers . They wouldn't turn him away.

Having said that I could see him wanting to assess us and looking at his options. Fingers crossed.
    Are aldershot full time?  If not it would be training twice a week v training every day
  • edited July 24
    Fumbluff said:
    Wayne Hennessey is available on a free. Welsh connection, possibly still has a place down this way from his Palace days. 

We could do worse.

Eh ?

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382 
  • Sponsored links:

• QPR fans are less than complimentary about Begovic

• Fumbluff said:

We could do worse.

Eh ?

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382 
    Well that passed me by - never knew about that - what an idiot - on the back of that, it’s a no from me
  • Fumbluff said:

We could do worse.

Jones Heil, seig heil.

Well who amongst is doesn't support Jones and victory?  Perfectly understandable. 

Anyway he was cleared of all charges of knowing what the fuck he was doing making Nazi style salutes on the grounds he was a moron. 
  • CAFCBill said:

After AI we now have Zero I. Such a bad fake.
  • Without pissing on anyones quotes,let’s get real.   We would be unable to break are wage structure for a good keeper or any good players.   

We are Charlton Athletic remember that.

We will come good again but it will take TIME.

And last week we were willing to pay 1 mill for a keeper .. so we are not little Charlton anymore we are big players in league one 
    If I could LOL this 10 times I would. 

• FAVADDICK said:
    I think the biggest thing is rich hasn't shot down the rumour yet, but begovic would be a massive signing 
    At 6ft 6, that is massive for a Charlton goalkeeper 
  • edited July 25
    shirty5 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    I think the biggest thing is rich hasn't shot down the rumour yet, but begovic would be a massive signing 
    More and more nowadays, goalkeepers salaries and transfer valuations are calculated in centimetres, so although he comfortably passes the Addicks height test, he would fail our financial cap as a result of being too tall.
    An unusual and sorry state of affairs I must say. 🙄
  • shirty5 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Read an article recently that stated Graham Tutt was 6ft 5, surely our tallest keeper?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!