Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Bit of smoke regarding Begovic, and for what it's worth, I think it's a goer. 

Real decent signing. Saves some cash, should be more than good enough for this level, experienced and a real presence in goal which we have missed. 

I still think we need more, but I'll be very happy if it's Begovic, which I think it may be.
  • Bit of smoke regarding Begovic, and for what it's worth, I think it's a goer. 

Real decent signing. Saves some cash, should be more than good enough for this level, experienced and a real presence in goal which we have missed. 

I still think we need more, but I'll be very happy if it's Begovic, which I think it may be.
    He won't come cheap, hefty signing on fee I'd imagine too.
  • edited July 24
    felix_31 said:
    Begovic is 37 though... 
    So is Messi and I reckon he'd still do a job for us. 
    Until he'd be crocked...
    Shouldn’t that be……”until he be crocked”……😁😃😄
  • edited July 24
    Bit of smoke regarding Begovic, and for what it's worth, I think it's a goer. 

He won't come cheap, hefty signing on fee I'd imagine too.
    Will be cheaper than spending a transfer fee and paying wages. I can't see us shelling out crazy wages as we aren't that type of club I don't believe.

It should mean some transfer budget left elsewhere, if it goes ahead.
  • Plaaayer said:
    Twitter seems to think it’s Begovic 
    37 years old but passes the height test. Reckon Isted must come up to his ribs 
    That makes you about up to his kneecap doesn’t it? 
  • edited July 24
    QPR fans seems very split in their opinions on Begovic. But it's clear he's come in for a lot of criticism there. 

Begovic QPR Forum
  • Anyone know how he got on at QPR last season? 

Was their team captain too. 

37 so obviously a short-term fix, hopefully they have an idea for the long-term option in the following seasons. 
  • edited July 24
    Asmir Begovic is 37 but could still have two season left in him. Passes the height test at 6ft 6 in and was born in Trebinje which is now Bosnian. Fled to Germany at 4 years  because of the war and then later his family went to Canada and from 11 to 17 playing for a  team in Edmonton. After having caps for Canada U20 he changed back to the country of his birth and played for Bosnia and Herzegovina.
    Asmir is married to a blond American who is an Equestrian,has two kids and is multilingual.
    Well travelled keeper who has had big moves to various big clubs and has 393 league apps and only 27 while on loan to sides outside the two top divisions.

PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE IF ASMIR BEGOVIC DOESN'T SIGN !
  • Chunes said:
    QPR fans seems very split in their opinions on Begovic. But it's clear he's come in for a lot of criticism there. 

Begovic QPR Forum
    He cannot possibly be worse than AMB/ isted / big Craig 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:

Begovic QPR Forum
    They all sound like pricks to be fair
    Yeah, bear in mind they're almost the most abused fans in the EFL. Probably not quite down there with us mind
  • A lot of talk on there about how expensive he is too. 

Would rather we didn't if we were paying a huge wage and there's question marks over his performances too. 

37 so obviously a short-term fix, hopefully they have an idea for the long-term option in the following seasons. 
    Isn't Mannion seen as the long term option?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Begovic has been mentioned on Twitter a couple of times.

Played 46 games for QPR last season.
    Now that would be sensational 
    Not a chance we sign him, i know for a fact he wants to sit on the bench and get paid. FACT
  • Did Begovic win the FA cup with Pompey in 2008?

In terms of clean sheets, was the 6th best keeper in championship last season with 13 clean sheets in 45 games. 

In terms of clean sheets, was the 6th best keeper in championship last season with 13 clean sheets in 45 games. 
    That should keep the bed wetters happy
  • That would be our first ever Bosnian player, correct?

How's that in comparison to shots faced? 

Judging a keeper from clean sheets alone is a bad stat. 
  • Sponsored links:

Considering how shit QPR were under Ainsworth, then a lot! 
  • Begovic at age 37 isn’t a long term fix certainly but one or two years as number one and I suspect he himself would expect to be dropping to number two somewhere so why not us ? Him moving on now from QPR to another Championship club would probably not be as guaranteed number one anyway. Was @Redhenry post above serious ?

https://footystats.org/players/bosnia-and-herzegovina/asmir-begovic
  • Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Begovic has been mentioned on Twitter a couple of times.

Played 46 games for QPR last season.
    Now that would be sensational 
    Not a chance we sign him, i know for a fact he wants to sit on the bench and get paid. FACT
    I have no reason to doubt you @Redhenry

I am confused as to why that’s the case though. He must’ve made a decent living at Chelsea/Bournemouth/Stoke etc. 

If he doesn’t want to play football anymore, surely he can retire?

We know that he has been a top keeper at a much higher level than CAFC over the last 5 years.

If he doesn't have backache, Begovic would be the undoubted number 1 at lowly Charlton.

He has earned plenty in the last 15 years and should've saved 🤦🏻‍♂️enough.

Judging a Hotel from its clean sheets is a good stat.

I'm guessing that's the other keeper we signed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!