Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Not sure where Begovic link is coming from... From all I have seen is just some random mention it on twitter... 

I can't imagine it would be him, might be wrong, but I would have thought we would go for someone a bit younger, just not sure we pay a big wage to 37 year old.
  • The tweet was posted 3 hrs ago. Doesnt the news of a signing normally follow quickly after the cryptic post is posted
  • The tweet was posted 3 hrs ago. Doesnt the news of a signing normally follow quickly after the cryptic post is posted
    The cryptic tweet wasn't from the Club was it?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Begovic has been mentioned on Twitter a couple of times.

Played 46 games for QPR last season.
    Now that would be sensational 
    Not a chance we sign him, i know for a fact he wants to sit on the bench and get paid. FACT
    I have no reason to doubt you @Redhenry

I am confused as to why that’s the case though. He must’ve made a decent living at Chelsea/Bournemouth/Stoke etc. 

If he doesn’t want to play football anymore, surely he can retire?
    Why not earn more though. Dream job for a 37/38 year old keeper. Ruddy has done the same. 
    The cryptic tweet wasn't from the Club was it?
    I read it when I was walking to my car and assumed it was. I’ve looked again and the poster has restricted the post, which suggests I’m wrong!

that will save me from refreshing this thread every 30 seconds
  • edited July 24
    The best three possibly available keepers in my opinion would be Begovic , Iverson ( Leicester) and Rodak who is mentioned earlier in the thread.I thought none of those was realistic.

I would be delighted if he signed.
  • edited July 24
    It’s going to be a signing right out of left field isn’t it. 
  • Valley Caff's cat says Bialkowski.
    Only 37.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s going to be a signing right out of left field isn’t it. 
    Small, Edun and Edwards cover the left. I want a keeper 😬
  • Valley Caff's cat says Bialkowski.
    Only 37.
    Can envisage this. Departed Millwall and very experienced. Age 37.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:

Not a chance we sign him, i know for a fact he wants to sit on the bench and get paid. FACT

I am confused as to why that’s the case though. He must’ve made a decent living at Chelsea/Bournemouth/Stoke etc. 

Not saying this applies to Begovic, but lots of keepers  at his age have gone down the No 2 or 3 path at a bigger club, being well paid to hardly ever play, but there to help the first choice keepers. 

Not being English would count against him, as a domestic keeper as your no 3 helps a PL club with their domestic player quota.
  • edited July 24
    Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:

Not saying this applies to Begovic, but lots of keepers  at his age have gone down the No 2 or 3 path at a bigger club, being well paid to hardly ever play, but there to help the first choice keepers. 

Not being English would count against him, as a domestic keeper as your no 3 helps a PL club with their domestic player quota.
    He would probably be okay though as he was with Portsmouth since 2004 (17 years old), so he would count as having been trained in England for 3 or more years before he was 21.
  • Obscure tenuous rumour links based on nothing and typical of this forum to behave as though said players are now signing;)

• 10 Years old article, but his homegrown status wouldn't have changed in that time
  • Obscure tenuous rumour links based on nothing and typical of this forum to behave as though said players are now signing;)

Well it's better than no rumours whatsoever I guess. We need Dobson to score a midfield worldie for Wrexham to give us something else to moan about.
  • It’s going to be a signing right out of left field isn’t it. 

Hopefully not Guru, if it's a keeper. No rush goalie for CAFC.
  • So. What's all this about a goalkeeper?
  • Sponsored links:

• The birth and death of a rumour all in the same day. It was a wild ride folks, glad we were in this together
    Its gonna happen , just might not be today.
  • The birth and death of a rumour all in the same day. It was a wild ride folks, glad we were in this together
    The crumb of comfort.
  • thenewbie said:
    Obscure tenuous rumour links based on nothing and typical of this forum to behave as though said players are now signing;)

Well it's better than no rumours whatsoever I guess. We need Dobson to score a midfield worldie for Wrexham to give us something else to moan about.
    Long as it's not at The Valley...or even worse at The Covered End...Dobson can do one...
  • edited July 24
    A name that cropped up on that QPR forum - Alex Smithies - appears to be a free agent after 2 years bench warming at Leicester 

Edit - Just seen he's retired!
  • edited July 24
    felix_31 said:
    A name that cropped up on that QPR forum - Alex Smithies - appears to be a free agent after 2 years bench warming at Leicester 

It's a sign, must be?

https://youtu.be/Ka9mfZbTFbk?si=rHX4E22yMoawgHz5
  • edited July 24
    felix_31 said:

Ideal then...sign him up!🙄
  • edited July 24
    Nice bloke met him. Brum will want him now as we're interested. They're going to get 138 points and score 300 goals and keep 46 clean sheets don't ya know.
    Did the bookies offer you 2/1 on that?

That’s the spirit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!