Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Personally thought REG looked very decent in the second half of last season. I would probably have him starting alongside Mitchell & Jones at this stage.
    I really rate REG and would also have in the 3 but I'm not convinced Jones has the same opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
  • This is how I see the rest of the summer window:

IN
    Potts
    Keeper
    Attacking Midfielder

OUT
    Ness
    REG
    Edun
    Fraser
    Istead
    Maynard-Brewer
    Asiimwe - Loan
    Reg is not leaving can play few positions so very handy to have around the squad 
  • Leuth said:
    Of course it's gone quiet. We're not looking for many players now. A keeper might be all
    There will be GK CB and Mid …that will give us squad of 31 players so any incomings after that will be down to who leaves … might see a loan come in last min 
  • REG shouldn't be a regular starter but he's a good option and I doubt you'd find a better backup CB on our budget. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Reg is definitely useful. He’s a good player, played at a higher level and covers many positions. No brainer to keep him
    And he has experience at RB too, so if we play with attacking wing backs hopefully he can cover that part of the pitch as needed. 

I'm not sure if he's going to be first choice, the only CB I feel is guaranteed a starting place is A. Mitchell. The rest will depend on if Potts does sign up I imagine and Jones will make a decision on his first choice back 3 nearer the start of the season.
  • edited July 23
    Could this mean something is happening with a new player? I know the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago 
  • Personally thought REG looked very decent in the second half of last season. I would probably have him starting alongside Mitchell & Jones at this stage.
    Needs to be balanced though, who plays on the left? That’s why we need Potts (or another leftie) signed as our next CB.

I really can’t see that being the starting 3. Gillesphey will be a guaranteed starter, unless Potts or another left footer is brought in 

My starting 3 would be Ramsay, Mitchell, Gillesphey based on pre-season so far. If Ramsay is needed at wing back then REG or Jones would come in 
  • This is how I see the rest of the summer window:

IN
    Potts
    Keeper
    Attacking Midfielder

OUT
    Ness
    REG
    Edun
    Fraser
    Istead
    Maynard-Brewer
    Asiimwe - Loan

* Just to clarify, this isn't what I would want but what I can see happening.
    It's looking like Potts, Bishop and maybe Hylton will be the only new signings. Can't see a GK coming unless we shift one of the others 
  • CAFCBill said:
    Could this mean something is happening with a new player? I know the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago 
    They did similar with Bishop but actually named him and then quickly withdrew it. 
  • edited July 23
    CAFCBill said:

Trialist "B" = Teddy "The toothless one" Bishop 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Fraser will be off shortly
    Phew.
  • I can still see the above but with Edun staying as a third choice at left back and midfield cover. That way Jones has essentially 3 options in each position, with a couple of oval pegs in round holes

GK New, Mannion, AMB
    RWB Ramsay, Watson, Asiimwe 
    RCB REG, Z.Mitchell, Ramsay
    CB A.Mitchell, Jones, REG
    LCB Gillesphey, Potts, Edwards 
    LWB Small, Edwards, Edun
    CM Docherty, Taylor, Edun
    CM Coventry, Anderson, Bishop
    AM Berry, Campbell, Anderson
    ST Godden, Kanu, Campbell 
    ST Ahadme, Leaburn, Aneke

Without Edun in there, midfield and LWB might be a bit light, unless Jones believes Watson on the left or even Potts is a viable option in a crisis
  • Ferryman said:
    This is how I see the rest of the summer window:

IN
    Potts
    Keeper
    Attacking Midfielder

OUT
    Ness
    REG
    Edun
    Fraser
    Istead
    Maynard-Brewer
    Asiimwe - Loan

* Just to clarify, this isn't what I would want but what I can see happening.
    It's looking like Potts, Bishop and maybe Hylton will be the only new signings. Can't see a GK coming unless we shift one of the others 
    I’m absolutely positive we get a new keeper in. 
  • Think Fraser will be off shortly
    For a cuppa?
  • Ok, this is how I see it.

IN
    Dunno
    Dunno
    Dunno
    ?

OUT
    Dunno
    Dunno
    Dunno
    Dunno
    Dunno

That I think, sums it up nicely from my perspective.
    Dunno...maybe right there...🙄
  • sam3110 said:
    Why are we suddenly saying we're selling REG? He's only not featured due to injury

Same as a few weeks ago everyone decided we were selling Taylor based on him not playing the back end of last season
    My personal assumption is based on the fact we're now seemingly in the market for a LCB. Let's assume we sign Potts, I still think we'd be looking for a Bradley type figure in the centre. So it would be Gillesphey/Potts on the left, Bradley/Jones for the centre and then the two Mitchells and REG to the right. 

Just guessing that having 6 senior CB's might be a little bit too much and with Z.Mitchell impressing, REG is the obvious candidate to go, but yeah to be honest it's just guesswork but can see it happening. 

Take your point about Taylor, but with Taylor's injuries, the theory of giving him a mini pre-season does make sense. Obviously it's entirely possible Jones was continuing to look at Thomas/Hector but his exclusion for the last few games aswell as the above makes a bit of sense to me. 

Personally not convinced by the defence if we just sign Potts and lose Ness. Not convinced either Jones or REG good enough to be promotion winning regulars, wasn't blown away by Gillesphey and Potts' injuries are also a slight concern. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!