Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• barstool said:
    We were second bottom on clean sheets 8 in 46 games so I think a good keeper is a must
    Or in the automatic spots depending on how you look at it 
  • Think it was only 5 in 46
  • Jac_52 said:
    Think it was only 5 in 46
    5 in the League you are correct
  • There be another keeper coming in 
    Has he got a peg leg, parrot on his shoulder and an eye patch?
  • _MrDick said:
    There be another keeper coming in 
    Is that a clue … we’re signing a pirate 🏴‍☠️ 
    Bristol Rovers keeper incoming
    I did wonder if Hamer was coming back but he’s just gone to the massives
  • And most of last season's defence still in place. Ramsay, Watson, Asiimwe Jones, Ness, REG, Gilly, Small, Edun. Only newcomers are Alex and Edwards, possibly Potts .

Personally I think Mitchell and a decent keeper who commands the box will make a difference, but question marks must hang over several. Is there a stat for individual errors?
  • i think from the keepers who we have a realistic chance of getting, Baxter is a good shout. I'd also throw George Long into that mix, along with Mitov our ex YT player currently in Scotland. Outside of those, i genuinely don't know or can't remember seeing a keeper that hasn't already moved that i'd want. 
  • Sponsored links:

• And most of last season's defence still in place. Ramsay, Watson, Asiimwe Jones, Ness, REG, Gilly, Small, Edun. Only newcomers are Alex and Edwards, possibly Potts .

Personally I think Mitchell and a decent keeper who commands the box will make a difference, but question marks must hang over several. Is there a stat for individual errors?
    Think some of it is improving the whole team setup defensively, a whole pre-season with most of the group in place will help a lot. Players like Docherty will also help, and having a striker that can hold the ball up so that it doesn’t just come straight back at us

Still think we will bring in another GK and CB (maybe Potts) to improve things further with new personnel too. My main concern is the GK is definitely one you want to be bringing in early but it seems like we’ve been a bit unlucky with missing targets 
  • Simonsen said:
    From deepest Somerset? 

Devon more likely - Plymouth area.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    i think from the keepers who we have a realistic chance of getting, Baxter is a good shout. I'd also throw George Long into that mix, along with Mitov our ex YT player currently in Scotland. Outside of those, i genuinely don't know or can't remember seeing a keeper that hasn't already moved that i'd want. 
    Hasn’t Mitov only just moved in this window?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    i think from the keepers who we have a realistic chance of getting, Baxter is a good shout. I'd also throw George Long into that mix, along with Mitov our ex YT player currently in Scotland. Outside of those, i genuinely don't know or can't remember seeing a keeper that hasn't already moved that i'd want. 
    Mitov has just moved to Aberdeen .  He’s not a commanding front foot goalie 
  • Millwall just signed a new goalkeeper, have they got one they do not need now 🥴
  • I wonder if anything more will come of this wildcard Jamaican prospect we previously heard about? 
  • Brownie12 said:
    Has he got a peg leg, parrot on his shoulder and an eye patch?
    If so, may still be an upgrade
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if anything more will come of this wildcard Jamaican prospect we previously heard about? 
    You mean Bolt?
  • wmcf123 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Mitov has just moved to Aberdeen .  He’s not a commanding front foot goalie 
    Didn't realise he had moved already
  • ross1 said:
    Millwall just signed a new goalkeeper, have they got one they do not need now 🥴
    Middlesbrough GK,on a free transfer,think he will be there number 2 GK.
  • Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?
    Exactly! What do you guys think about the goalkeeping situation?
  • fenaddick said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Regarding Nathan Baxter, and whether he'd come to Charlton - I can safely say he'd be interested in theory. As has been pointed out, he's local, and given a lot of us who played cricket with him are CAFC fans, there's an affinity there in some respects.

But it almost certainly wouldn't be this summer. He's at a side that so nearly were promoted last season, with a manager who is playing football in such a way that Nathan can continue to develop his game, and he's liking the dressing room and club feel there. Why would he move to what is evidently more of a "project" this summer?
    I think some players are attracted to a project and being in on it from the start must be hugely satisfying. Nathan Jones has also been successful with a similar project at Luton. I'd also add that he joined Bolton for a project that seems to have stalled a bit.

If I were him I'd probably still wait a year though. If he has a good season you'd imagine he'll be in the Championship for 25/26, whether that is with Bolton or someone who would take him on a free. Never know, that might be us.
    If Bolton go up his contract extends for an additional year btw. And he's been there a year - while obviously they'll have been gutted not to be one of the three promoted sides last year, they did reach the playoff final. I don't think you can say that that's something stalling (from his perspective).
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Same apart from maybe vigouroux at Burnley but he’ll be on a lot 
  • Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?

I think we'd likely be buggered without one.
  • Major said:
    Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?

Amazed, it’s not been mentioned already.
  • Major said:
    Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?

Amazed, it’s not been mentioned already.
    You jest but it’s the difference between top 6 and top 14
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!