Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Not too worried about the new Goalkeeper just yet, in an ideal world we'll have someone here sooner rather than later - Ben Hamer was one of our last signings from the first eleven in 2011/12, so isnt always the end of the world, if you cant get the right person in.

Just proof though, that you cant WANT to do your business early, like we've always wanted - But its never that straightforward, especially when three (?) targets have chosen other clubs further up the pyramid.
  • Jac_52 said:
    For the keeper we should have maybe taken a punt on Addai who Stockport signed. Had an insane goals prevented stat in L2 last year of 15.8 (expected goals on target faced minus goals.conceded).. none of our keepers were positive in that respect last year.  The last keeper from L2 I remember posting numbers like that was Hladky at Salford who Ipswich then signed.
    He’s very good with the ball at his feet too, would have been a good signing but it sounds like we are looking for more experience 
  • Not too worried about the new Goalkeeper just yet, in an ideal world we'll have someone here sooner rather than later - Ben Hamer was one of our last signings from the first eleven in 2011/12, so isnt always the end of the world, if you cant get the right person in.

Just proof though, that you cant WANT to do your business early, like we've always wanted - But its never that straightforward, especially when three (?) targets have chosen other clubs further up the pyramid.
    That probably works the same way for AMB and Isted, the clubs preference would be to move them on permanently but the reality is that may happen for one but with other loaned out and almost certainly late in the window.  
  • Jac_52 said:
    For the keeper we should have maybe taken a punt on Addai who Stockport signed. Had an insane goals prevented stat in L2 last year of 15.8 (expected goals on target faced minus goals.conceded).. none of our keepers were positive in that respect last year.  The last keeper from L2 I remember posting numbers like that was Hladky at Salford who Ipswich then signed.
    Hladky signed for Burnley a couple of days ago.
  • This was posted on the other forum, can't take credit myself. Apologies if this has already been posted in here 
  • CAFCBill said:
    The problem is that Fraser is (apparently) on decent money and Dundee won’t be able to cover his salary. We’ll probably end up having to pay a fair whack of it (in excess of 50% I would guess) if he goes to a SPL team outside of the big 5. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCBill said:
    The problem is that Fraser is (apparently) on decent money and Dundee won’t be able to cover his salary. We’ll probably end up having to pay a fair whack of it (in excess of 50% I would guess) if he goes to a SPL team outside of the big 5. 
    Fraser isn't on the 6/7k a week we are led to believe according to Gallen when I asked him this, he said it a lot less than that.
    Most assume he’s on £5K p/w.
  • We have plenty of forward options. Yes it's annoying that Miles won't be ready for the start of the season, but he'll be a major player for us when he returns. Signing a player just to cover those 2 months seems unnecessary, when we already have plenty of options. 

I slightly worry that our midfield lacks a bit of creativity, but then I don't know Berry (or Bishop if he signs) that well. I suspect that there's no space for a "luxury" player in NJ's side this season.
    My concern also. I don’t think we’ll be shy of commitment, energy or effort this season but sometimes you’re going to need a lock picker. In all honesty I don’t know enough about Berry or Bishop to know if at our level they’ve got that in their locker but we’ll see plenty of sides that are going to park the bus and we must have the ability to counter that. Wish I was sure we have that.

Could the lock picker be Karoy Anderson?
  • Well Gallen signed Fraser, he has turned out to be a multiple dud, so would you admit he is our highest paid player (£7200 a week on several sites) in a random conversation? 

Would he say the same to Cawley with a recording playing?
  • We have plenty of forward options. Yes it's annoying that Miles won't be ready for the start of the season, but he'll be a major player for us when he returns. Signing a player just to cover those 2 months seems unnecessary, when we already have plenty of options. 

I slightly worry that our midfield lacks a bit of creativity, but then I don't know Berry (or Bishop if he signs) that well. I suspect that there's no space for a "luxury" player in NJ's side this season.
    My concern also. I don’t think we’ll be shy of commitment, energy or effort this season but sometimes you’re going to need a lock picker. In all honesty I don’t know enough about Berry or Bishop to know if at our level they’ve got that in their locker but we’ll see plenty of sides that are going to park the bus and we must have the ability to counter that. Wish I was sure we have that.

Could the lock picker be Karoy Anderson?
    No.
  • To make it easier we could take out the buy back clause.
  • Well Gallen signed Fraser, he has turned out to be a multiple dud, so would you admit he is our highest paid player (£7200 a week on several sites) in a random conversation? 

You mean websites that simply guess, as they have no way of accessing private contracts?
  • Sponsored links:

You mean websites that simply guess, as they have no way of accessing private contracts?
    Yep, that would be it 
  • Bailey said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCBill said:
    Fraser isn't on the 6/7k a week we are led to believe according to Gallen when I asked him this, he said it a lot less than that.
    And yet it’s still too much! 
    I think Fraser is typical of the transfer policy under Sandgaard. Sign one player and he will surely make a difference, no acknowledgement of building a team or indeed how he would fit into the team, and he wasn't the only one, Charlie Kirk's signing was similar and there is probably others. 
    Agreed although Bowyer said he wanted Fraser the year before , even though he’s the second least Bowyer player imaginable .. after Charlie Kirk 
  • Bailey said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCBill said:
    And yet it’s still too much! 
    I think Fraser is typical of the transfer policy under Sandgaard. Sign one player and he will surely make a difference, no acknowledgement of building a team or indeed how he would fit into the team, and he wasn't the only one, Charlie Kirk's signing was similar and there is probably others. 
    I do wonder if Birmingham are making the same mistake? Though of course the quality of players they are bringing in is far superior to anything Sandgaard did. 

Well I know who our highest paid is and its that figure, problem is I think we all know who that is, great player, sadly however his made from polystyrene. And it's not a random convo, I speak to Steve on a regular basis. 
  • Not a rumour but wonder if we are considering Nathan Baxter at Bolton for our keeper position.

Originally from London.

Bolton have 3 senior keepers on their books including Southwold whom they signed this summer. 

Baxter has 12 months left on his contract. 

He also recently got a degree in history (not relevant but kinda impressive as not many footballers do that!).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!