Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited July 20
    If Hylton is not going to be signing as a player, must be as a player/coach, otherwise why have him taking up places in the pre season matches...the "Old Pal's Act" stuff from Nathan can be overplayed, if that turns out to be the case...🤷‍♂️
  • Redhenry said:
    Nothing wrong with Potts

Does he have anything to say about Trevor Kettle?
  • IdleHans said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nothing wrong with Potts

Does he have anything to say about Trevor Kettle?
    Called him (the man in) black once. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Bailey said:
    I don't whether Ness will eventually make the grade or not, I base that on Tom Lockyer, never could see that fella being better than lower championship and for me the fault in his game was his passing but he ends up captain of a premiership side. I know bugger all about how players develop for sure. 
    You joking? He was our best defender that season by a miles, only defender we had that looked like he could play high end championship if not higher..

I wasn't a fan of his partner either to be honest, people on here rave about him, all about opinions I suppose. 
  • Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Hylton won’t be signing.
    Was the idea to just to get him in to preseason to show the youngsters the right way of doing things or is going to be signed as a coach ?
    Or maybe with what is considered to be a full complement of forwards, Jones was doing Hylton a favour by making him look like a going concern so other clubs take note
  • Can't see us adding another striker unless someone suffered a long term injury. Would think it would be a bit of a hard sell for a loan player too in terms of minutes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It is possible with regard to strikers that the thinking is you could give Casey or M'Bick a look in on occasion, like in a semi emergency.
  • We are mid level league one. Lower level championship is a massive step up.
  • Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Hylton won’t be signing.
    Was the idea to just to get him in to preseason to show the youngsters the right way of doing things or is going to be signed as a coach ?
    Or maybe with what is considered to be a full complement of forwards, Jones was doing Hylton a favour by making him look like a going concern so other clubs take note
    Seems odd to give him minutes over the strikers we have employed in this context 
    My thoughts exactly yesterday and today...
  • edited July 20
    Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Hylton won’t be signing.
    Seems odd to give him minutes over the strikers we have employed in this context 
    My thoughts exactly yesterday and today...
    Who is he getting minutes over? He got only few end of game garbage minutes in the first two friendlies.  He only played more minutes last match because NJ decided to rest godden and ahadme and didn’t want to risk chuks playing more than a half.  
  • We have plenty of forward options. Yes it's annoying that Miles won't be ready for the start of the season, but he'll be a major player for us when he returns. Signing a player just to cover those 2 months seems unnecessary, when we already have plenty of options. 

I slightly worry that our midfield lacks a bit of creativity, but then I don't know Berry (or Bishop if he signs) that well. I suspect that there's no space for a "luxury" player in NJ's side this season.
  • We have plenty of forward options. Yes it's annoying that Miles won't be ready for the start of the season, but he'll be a major player for us when he returns. Signing a player just to cover those 2 months seems unnecessary, when we already have plenty of options. 

I slightly worry that our midfield lacks a bit of creativity, but then I don't know Berry (or Bishop if he signs) that well. I suspect that there's no space for a "luxury" player in NJ's side this season.
    I agree  or we could keep Fraser(which we won't). Problem for me is the defensive mid. Not sure either Coventry or Taylor are good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    It is possible with regard to strikers that the thinking is you could give Casey or M'Bick a look in on occasion, like in a semi emergency.
    Or not.
  • edited July 21
    Swisdom said:
    seth plum said:
    It is possible with regard to strikers that the thinking is you could give Casey or M'Bick a look in on occasion, like in a semi emergency.
    I’d rather Casey and Mbick went on the pre season trip to Jamaica with their team mates rather than miss out on that to be a bit part in some friendlies for the first team.  They aren’t yet at the physical level NJ wants so they would be less effective in the friendlies whereas NJ knows what he’ll get from Hylton so he won’t need to adapt our style

The youth have already been to Jamaica and are on their way back today I believe.  Mbick was definitely there as he was in a team photo. Assume Casey would have been too.  I imagine Seth was.referring to the upcoming season, ie. Why bring in another striker when we already have 5 first team strikers plus if Aneke and Leaburn are out for extended periods and we need another for the squad for a period then one of these two may be sufficient to step in (plus Campbell too).

Personally I would like to think both have done enough to get L2 loans until Jan to start getting minutes in men's competitive football under their belt.

I am hopong the youth might bring a Jamaican or two back with them, as it seems they had at least one trialing out.
  • For the keeper we should have maybe taken a punt on Addai who Stockport signed. Had an insane goals prevented stat in L2 last year of 15.8 (expected goals on target faced minus goals.conceded).. none of our keepers were positive in that respect last year.  The last keeper from L2 I remember posting numbers like that was Hladky at Salford who Ipswich then signed.

My concern also. I don’t think we’ll be shy of commitment, energy or effort this season but sometimes you’re going to need a lock picker. In all honesty I don’t know enough about Berry or Bishop to know if at our level they’ve got that in their locker but we’ll see plenty of sides that are going to park the bus and we must have the ability to counter that. Wish I was sure we have that.
    We need to be much stronger defensively to be competitive. Can't see us scoring freely.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!