Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• This is starting to have a Harry Redknapp-style "We're getting the band back together" vibe!
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Redhenry said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nothing wrong with Potts
    im a bigger fan of Pans, they live forever and are robust as fuck
    teflon?
    Peter
    Paul
  • Redhenry said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Redhenry said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nothing wrong with Potts
    im a bigger fan of Pans, they live forever and are robust as fuck
    teflon?
    Peter
    Paul
    Mary ?
  • He looked fairly tall watching him, around 6ft I’d say. Would like Bishop and Potts.
  • Potts = Steve Gatting mkII
  • Bishop made a couple of driving runs from midfield at the Palace game, looked ok.

• Worth people remembering that of the limited number of loans Jones has got in over the years, he's been happy for it to be their first choice goalkeeper. In 2016 he loaned in 5 players and 3 of them were keepers including Christian Walton. Those 3 played all 46 of Luton's league games that season. He did the same in 21/22 getting Jed Steer, Ingram and Palmer in to cover there in place of James Shea. The next season Ethan Horvath was loaned in to be their number 1. He seems quite happy to switch round his keepers, which would explain why we got Mannion and still want another, and he obviously isn't bothered about the keeper being temporary. Also it seemed like he would rather sign almost anyone on this earth than play Harry Isted so he must really hate AMB.

I'm fine with it to be honest, we've had some great EFL loan keepers in Amos, Steer and Rudd. If there's better standard keepers to loan than buy at this point then let's do that.
  • edited July 19
    Would still like an additonal striker, we're playing 2 up top, you can't rely on Chuks and Leaburn will not be match-fit for some months. 
    Campbell has been tried in that position. Unless we change systems back to 3 up front, I imagine that if he plays it'll be as a central striker who drifts wide, rather than a pure winger.
    That’s why we will give Hylton short term contract .. Leaburn due back in September .. Aneke will be used as impact sub he never looks the same player when he starts .. 
    Didn't look too shabby today when he started... and a goal of the season contender before the season has even started...so put that in yer pipe and smoke it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Worth people remembering that of the limited number of loans Jones has got in over the years, he's been happy for it to be their first choice goalkeeper. In 2016 he loaned in 5 players and 3 of them were keepers including Christian Walton. Those 3 played all 46 of Luton's league games that season. He did the same in 21/22 getting Jed Steer, Ingram and Palmer in to cover there in place of James Shea. The next season Ethan Horvath was loaned in to be their number 1. He seems quite happy to switch round his keepers, which would explain why we got Mannion and still want another, and he obviously isn't bothered about the keeper being temporary. Also it seemed like he would rather sign almost anyone on this earth than play Harry Isted so he must really hate AMB.

I'm fine with it to be honest, we've had some great EFL loan keepers in Amos, Steer and Rudd. If there's better standard keepers to loan than buy at this point then let's do that.
    Playing 3 keepers ought to hopefully address our clean sheet issue ;).
    Probably worth a try at this point
  • I would take Potts just to get his brother Freddie to sign on loan for a season, looks one hell of a player
  • I wonder why it took us so long to get Potts in on trial? Higher priority targets gone elsewhere or recovering from an injury? 
  • Where’s our REG gone? I think he is a cultured CB.
    He's got a slight niggle at the moment as well
  • Sponsored links:

He's got a slight niggle at the moment as well
    Why have a slight niggle when you could have a full scale argument for the same price...🤪
  • Concern with Potts is the injuries, had a couple of bad ones last couple of years. Not particularly old though, certainly worth a look 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Potts will be a good signing, and a player to get us out of this division 
    Why has it taken so long for him to appear?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!