Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I regret commenting on Tamer Tuna now
    I think a few will have a bone to pick with you on that score.
  • edited July 18
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

...Everyone's taken the bait...😉
  • This is better than the Dobbo, 'Will he or won't he' thread. I'm hooked! 
  • This is better than the Dobbo, 'Will he or won't he' thread. I'm hooked! 
    Dobbo will never leave! 
  • Are these fish puns a way of implying that we’re interested in Alex Bass?
    I think Alex Bass is more likely to join the Gills. 
  • ive just seen where former Birmingham striker and slayer of Millwall in the play offs Stern John was born and it could be him. 
  • edited July 19
    No-one been overnight fishing then!!...🐟

...Oh well, back to the no rumours thread it is then...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• NJ has been impressed with Z.Mitchell, expect him to stay around and fight for a place however Ness is likely to leave with a few League 2 clubs interested.

Club still keen to bring one more CB in.
    Any ideas on names? The Bradley link keeps coming up but I've no idea if it's based on anything or just another "Charlton Life fact" that everyone knows but never actually had substance.
  • Still say Isted and AMB will be here next season, nothing around to make me think otherwise...🤷‍♂️
  • Still say Isted and AMB will be here next season, nothing around to make me think otherwise...🤷‍♂️
    We have had interest from a few clubs for Isted, my bet is on him going back to Barnsley.
    Thing is, we need cover before that, and there is nothing around giving anything likely, so we could be forced into an unwanted scenario...
  • Would still like an additonal striker, we're playing 2 up top, you can't rely on Chuks and Leaburn will not be match-fit for some months. 
  • Current state of play:

*NEW* - club still keen to bring in a first choice keeper, might be a loan towards end of window.
    Mannion
    AMB - potentially leave
    Isted - Likely to leave

Ramsay
    Watson
    Assiimwe

*NEW* - Club keen on another new CB
    Jones
    REG
    A.Mitchell
    Gillesphey
    Z.Mitchell
    Ness - Likely to leave

Small
    Edwards
    Edun - Likely to leave 

*NEW* - One more central midfielder still likely.
    Coventry
    Taylor
    Berry
    Anderson
    Docherty
    Campbell
    Fraser - Likely to leave

Ahadme
    Godden
    Leaburn
    Kanu
    Aneke
    Looks sensible to me but hope Ness leaves on loan, as I think he still has a lot of potential. 
  • Would still like an additonal striker, we're playing 2 up top, you can't rely on Chuks and Leaburn will not be match-fit for some months. 
    If we could bring in Devante Cole would be perfect. 
  • Sponsored links:

That might genuinely be where a loan is actually the better option, bring someone in who is not going to expect/be expected to play particularly frequently but will probably get games here or there, or more likely parts of games.

Unless Mbick or Casey are seem as ready to step up but I expect them to be out on loan and/or cup regulars instead of 1st team options this year.
    Campbell has been tried in that position. Unless we change systems back to 3 up front, I imagine that if he plays it'll be as a central striker who drifts wide, rather than a pure winger.
    We have had interest from a few clubs for Isted, my bet is on him going back to Barnsley.
    Thing is, we need cover before that, and there is nothing around giving anything likely, so we could be forced into an unwanted scenario...
    there are a number of good keepers without clubs at present and better than Isted or AMB.
    No .. different manager now and just brought in a new keeper 
    Campbell has been tried in that position. Unless we change systems back to 3 up front, I imagine that if he plays it'll be as a central striker who drifts wide, rather than a pure winger.
    That’s why we will give Hylton short term contract .. Leaburn due back in September .. Aneke will be used as impact sub he never looks the same player when he starts .. 
  • Current state of play:

*NEW* - club still keen to bring in a first choice keeper, might be a loan towards end of window.
    Mannion
    AMB - potentially leave
    Isted - Likely to leave

Ramsay
    Watson
    Assiimwe

Jones
    REG
    A.Mitchell
    Gillesphey
    Z.Mitchell
    Ness - Likely to leave

Small
    Edwards
    Edun - Likely to leave 

Coventry
    Taylor
    Berry
    Anderson
    Docherty
    Campbell
    Fraser - Likely to leave

Ahadme
    Godden
    Leaburn
    Kanu
    Aneke

Looking at the squad written down on paper, starting to feel like we need a lot more if we want to compete at the top end of this league one. 

Hopefully we are a side where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Currently I am a little concerned about how we plan to open teams up, but let's see how Nathan's master plan unfolds 
    I think provided that the 3 suggested NEW are of high quality then it looks a good squad to me.
    That’s why we will give Hylton short term contract .. Leaburn due back in September .. Aneke will be used as impact sub he never looks the same player when he starts .. 
    Would still like an additonal striker, we're playing 2 up top, you can't rely on Chuks and Leaburn will not be match-fit for some months. 
    Aneke starting today 
  • Current state of play:

Mannion
    AMB - potentially leave
    Isted - Likely to leave

Ramsay
    Watson
    Assiimwe

Jones
    REG
    A.Mitchell
    Gillesphey
    Z.Mitchell
    Ness - Likely to leave

Small
    Edwards
    Edun - Likely to leave 

Coventry
    Taylor
    Berry
    Anderson
    Docherty
    Campbell
    Fraser - Likely to leave

Ahadme
    Godden
    Leaburn
    Kanu
    Aneke

Looking at the squad written down on paper, starting to feel like we need a lot more if we want to compete at the top end of this league one. 

Hopefully we are a side where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Currently I am a little concerned about how we plan to open teams up, but let's see how Nathan's master plan unfolds 

I don't disagree but as said above, if the 3-4 new players were of the quality of previous L1 players for us like Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Taylor then it's a different story.  Really need these last pieces to be top, top quality.

New keeper
    Ramsey
    A Mitchell
    Jones
    New CB
    Small
    Berry
    Doherty
    New CM
    Godden
    Gas /Leaburn

Looks pretty good if those new ones are a genuine step up.  It's where I think loans work. But not when you are scrapping around for them.
    Aneke is starting today Colin 🤣
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!