Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I assume it would be a loan as he signed a one year contract recently, with a call back 
  • barstool said:
    I assume it would be a loan as he signed a one year contract recently, with a call back 
    Not quite, Ipswich triggered a one-year option I think most likely so they could sell him not lose him for free
  • Has there been a genuine link with Walton at any point? I'm fairly certain he'd get a Championship move if he was made available, even that feels unlikely.
    I have never seen one 

I think people have looked at senior keepers that Nathan has worked with previously and tried to join the dots.
  • fenaddick said:
    barstool said:
    I assume it would be a loan as he signed a one year contract recently, with a call back 
    Not quite, Ipswich triggered a one-year option I think most likely so they could sell him not lose him for free
    I think that might be strange to just sign for a year, he would lose his bargaining power, signing on fees and maybe higher salary as a free transfer 
  • barstool said:
    fenaddick said:
    barstool said:
    I think that might be strange to just sign for a year, he would lose his bargaining power, signing on fees and maybe higher salary as a free transfer 
    He didn't sign it, Ipswich activated a clause. Just like we did with Thierry Small
  • Actually we have a few players who can switch positions across the backline, the new Edwards guy. I was just talking about players who are not really good enough.
    What is your opinion covered end lad so I can be glad that you are in charge.
  • Actually we have a few players who can switch positions across the backline, the new Edwards guy. I was just talking about players who are not really good enough.
    What is your opinion covered end lad so I can be glad that you are in charge.
    My opinion is that, yes there are several players who need to be moved on - chuks not being one of them the reasons for which have been discussed at length on here.

We don’t need another tyreece type player as we aren’t looking to play with wingers, we need a first team GK, another starting CB and another quality midfield addition.

Get those three right and we should be good enough to challenge. If I was being greedy I would want a pacey number 10 as a different option, potentially a loan like Taylor from Luton.
  • Jones said we want a better squad coming out of the window than we went to it, despite the sale of May I think it’s fair to say we have done that so far. Still not sure of this current squad is promotion material but I really think a Sonny Bradley to command the defence and an experienced goalkeeper to aid in that will help.
  • Sponsored links:

• The 7 we have brought in may be a bit of an upgrade but it doesn't feel like a top 6 squad to me and nowhere near strong enough for top 2. If the club are serious about promotion, I still think we need 2-3 starters down the spine of the team as opposed to squad fillers. But what do I know?

Whilst I do agree to a point, I would counter by saying this is very much Jones squad now.  They are his players & if he can get the best out of them, I think we could be right up there
  • Player called King playing on trial for U21s

Source @snakedavis

Possibly Richard King, 22 year old Jamacian international defender. 

6' 1" before you ask
    https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024/05/29/cavaliers-king-ready-fight-national-overseas-objectives/

Suggests he wants a gig in Europe.
  • fenaddick said:
    The 7 we have brought in may be a bit of an upgrade but it doesn't feel like a top 6 squad to me and nowhere near strong enough for top 2. If the club are serious about promotion, I still think we need 2-3 starters down the spine of the team as opposed to squad fillers. But what do I know?

I kind of agree but would also say that the thing Nathan Jones is good at is making squads outperform the expectation. It's a risky thing to bank on though
    i agree with both statements and im pretty much thinking along the same lines
  • cafcfan said:
    Player called King playing on trial for U21s

Source @snakedavis

6' 1" before you ask
    https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024/05/29/cavaliers-king-ready-fight-national-overseas-objectives/

Great, we are in Europe...🙄
  • edited July 17
    cafcfan said:
    Player called King playing on trial for U21s

Source @snakedavis

6' 1" before you ask

Great, we are in Europe...🙄
    Brexit means Brexit ;)

• Christ, how injured must you be to fail a medical at Charlton.
    Double amputation..... Once the gangrene set in, there was no other option. Andy Scott has asked to be kept updated on his recovery though
  • Sponsored links:

• Signings have stalled. Nothing for 10 days & we really need a No1 goalkeeper; a creative midfielder. Hopefully they will be here before the season starts, otherwise the pudding will be half baked. 
    In reality I think we’ll need more than this one summer window to get the pudding we all want. I’m expecting a good run at playoffs this coming season but for me it’s going to be 25/26 that sees us over the line. I’ll be disappointed if we’re not promoted at that point.
  • edited July 17
    Concise and to the point bob...🤔
  • I know everyone wants a Goalkeeper and CB, best we can offer is Toothless Teddy & our old mate Danny 
    Bishop a good player and a mid that runs at the defence something we don’t have 
  • Signings have stalled. Nothing for 10 days & we really need a No1 goalkeeper; a creative midfielder. Hopefully they will be here before the season starts, otherwise the pudding will be half baked. 
    Been away 8 days ….. window don’t shut till September 
    Been away 8 days ….. window don’t shut till September 
    August 30th
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!