Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Our defence was terrible all the way through to the end of last season.

Since then we have added a Cambridge keeper who was number 2 for most of the season; a LB from the Scottish Championship who looks like back up to Small and Alex Mitchell. 

It is too early in Pre season for any real concerns, but we have continued letting in goals. 

We 100% need a better keeper and at least one more high quality CB, I would personally like 2 more with Ness and Gillesphy moved on if space is needed.

I liked the look of Sean Hutchinson but he hasn't got the best injury record and having been released by Millwall he will already be behind in pre season so I wouldn't bother now.

We also need a high quality midfielder with goals and assists in them imo.
    I don't think Edwards is back up to Mitchell, even though they're room mates!
  • Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    Signings have stalled. Nothing for 10 days & we really need a No1 goalkeeper; a creative midfielder. Hopefully they will be here before the season starts, otherwise the pudding will be half baked. 
    Been away 8 days ….. window don’t shut till September 
    August 30th
    I think NJ is waiting for the players that were in the Euros to have a rest first before signing one of them…🤓
    Lamine Yamal would fit perfectly into our team 
  • CAFCBill said:
    Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    Signings have stalled. Nothing for 10 days & we really need a No1 goalkeeper; a creative midfielder. Hopefully they will be here before the season starts, otherwise the pudding will be half baked. 
    August 30th
    I think NJ is waiting for the players that were in the Euros to have a rest first before signing one of them…🤓
    Lamine Yamal would fit perfectly into our U18’s 
    Corrected for you … you’re welcome 
  • Our defence was terrible all the way through to the end of last season.

Since then we have added a Cambridge keeper who was number 2 for most of the season; a LB from the Scottish Championship who looks like back up to Small and Alex Mitchell. 

It is too early in Pre season for any real concerns, but we have continued letting in goals. 

We 100% need a better keeper and at least one more high quality CB, I would personally like 2 more with Ness and Gillesphy moved on if space is needed.

I liked the look of Sean Hutchinson but he hasn't got the best injury record and having been released by Millwall he will already be behind in pre season so I wouldn't bother now.

We also need a high quality midfielder with goals and assists in them imo.
    Hutchinson resigned for Millwall .. not sure how you can judge the keepers Isted conceded one AMB the other .. not sure who was in goal for Millwall goals .. Gilly played well in pre season and looked good when he played alongside Jones and Mitchell think that will be the three at the back .. they are trying Ramsey and Edwards in central roles as well .. that’s what pre season all about … 
  • edited July 18
    CAFCBill said:
    Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    August 30th
    Who is the youngest player to score for us?
  • iaitch said:
    CAFCBill said:
    Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    August 30th

Shelvey????
  • MarcusH26 said:
    iaitch said:
    CAFCBill said:
    Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    August 30th

Shelvey????
    Ok I was maybe thinking Bowyer but really don't know.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 18
    CAFCBill said:
    Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    August 30th
    nowhere near tall enough.
  • Tamer Tuna, there's a throwback. I was convinced he was gonna be the nuts for us but I think ended up being a regular for Erith Town? 
  • iaitch said:
    Tamer Tuna...He was some fin else...🤦‍♂️
    He was carp.
    Left S.E London and Ended up in Mayo
  • Let's not skate around the issue, he roe-d his luck at times, but he gave his heart and sole to this club, he just never made that plaice his
  • edited July 18
    For Cods sake enough with the fish puns
  • edited July 18
    Everyone's gone for this hook line and sinker, time to reel it in...🐟
  • Sponsored links:

• Tamer Tuna, there's a throwback. I was convinced he was gonna be the nuts for us but I think ended up being a regular for Erith Town? 
    My daughter went out with his brother … did not last long 

Mmm...strugglin' with the fish pun on this one...🤔
    His brother Tina?
  • thenewbie said:
    For Cods sake enough with the fish puns
    Got any paracetamol these fish puns giving me a haddock.

Mmm...strugglin' with the fish pun on this one...🤔
    he took her fishing
  • What the hell happened to this thread?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!