Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    As I said before I think we need to see outgoings before anyone else comes in, simply because we've now filled all the gaps and new signings are now us looking to upgrade on what we have
    That makes sense, the squad feels pretty bloated at the moment and there’s still some deadwood that we haven’t been able to move on yet. Hopefully we can make some progress there over the next week. 
  • edited July 17
    24 days until the season starts, properly? 

How many more do you reckon we'll have brought in by then?
  • 24 days until the season starts, properly? 

2/3
    Alfie coming back then - he's about two thirds!
  • 24 days until the season starts, properly? 

2/3
    Definitely one more goalkeeper and I would be very surprised to not see another midfielder added. Beyond that depends on who goes and who of the academy kids are felt ready to step up (if any.)

Can see 4 or 5 out at least either permanently (AMB, Isted, Ness, maybe Fraser) or on loan (Casey, Mbick and Fraser if no-one meets his wage)
  • thenewbie said:
    24 days until the season starts, properly? 

2/3
    Definitely one more goalkeeper and I would be very surprised to not see another midfielder added. Beyond that depends on who goes and who of the academy kids are felt ready to step up (if any.)

Can see 4 or 5 out at least either permanently (AMB, Isted, Ness, maybe Fraser) or on loan (Casey, Mbick and Fraser if no-one meets his wage)
    I hope we get another keeper but I wouldn't be massively surprised if we didn't. There comes a point where you go down your list of available keepers and if we've missed out on all the ones that are considered better than Mannion then we might just stop until that list is shaken up in January. We definitely need another centre back I think, I can't imagine us playing Gillesphey as first choice all season and we've lost Thomas in terms of the versatility of being able to play on the left side of defence. We might use Edwards there but more likely we'll rotate him with Small and we still look a bit vulnerable at the back; after last season's performances only bringing in one new centre back would be madness.
  • I would loan out Ness, asiimwe and z Mitchell. Too many defenders on the books, Watson and edun will be difficult to move on so probably keep as back up.
    Get rid of Scott Fraser  and aneke but again difficult. Other than that I am happy with the squad, we need one more player like tyreece Campbell but that's it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would loan out Ness, asiimwe and z Mitchell. Too many defenders on the books, Watson and edun will be difficult to move on so probably keep as back up.
    Get rid of Scott Fraser  and aneke but again difficult. Other than that I am happy with the squad, we need one more player like tyreece Campbell but that's it.
    So we play 3 at the back but you'd only keep 4 of them in A.Mitchell, Gillesphey, Edmonds-Green and Jones? So one gets injured, another gets sent off, who you playing at the back in the next game?
  • The 7 we have brought in may be a bit of an upgrade but it doesn't feel like a top 6 squad to me and nowhere near strong enough for top 2. If the club are serious about promotion, I still think we need 2-3 starters down the spine of the team as opposed to squad fillers. But what do I know?

I kind of agree but would also say that the thing Nathan Jones is good at is making squads outperform the expectation. It's a risky thing to bank on though
  • As the games have got harder the results have got worse?
  • The 7 we have brought in may be a bit of an upgrade but it doesn't feel like a top 6 squad to me and nowhere near strong enough for top 2. If the club are serious about promotion, I still think we need 2-3 starters down the spine of the team as opposed to squad fillers. But what do I know?

I think it looks a top 6 squad, when you consider the teams who have made the top 6 in recent years. But lacking that bit of quality to really compete for the top 2 at the moment.

But then it's only July, so time to get the icing on the cake, which could be a loan player, the 2024 version of a Rak-Sakyi.

agree with this and think we'll still see 1 or 2 guaranteed starters come in the door
  • For me we are a fringe top 6 team,  I would feel a lot more optimistic if he were get another solid CB and a true attacking mid
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 17
    As the games have got harder the results have got worse?
    Mmmm..., but I would say results have got harder to match rather than wholesale "worse"......🙄
  • I know everyone wants a Goalkeeper and CB, best we can offer is Toothless Teddy & our old mate Danny 

I think it looks a top 6 squad, when you consider the teams who have made the top 6 in recent years. But lacking that bit of quality to really compete for the top 2 at the moment.

But then it's only July, so time to get the icing on the cake, which could be a loan player, the 2024 version of a Rak-Sakyi.
    Given the teams that did not get promoted last season and those coming down from Championship and up from L2, I think we have 4 to 10 squad. We can play a lot better this season than last but the challengers are greater
  • Kap10 said:
    The 7 we have brought in may be a bit of an upgrade but it doesn't feel like a top 6 squad to me and nowhere near strong enough for top 2. If the club are serious about promotion, I still think we need 2-3 starters down the spine of the team as opposed to squad fillers. But what do I know?

Given the teams that did not get promoted last season and those coming down from Championship and up from L2, I think we have 4 to 10 squad. We can play a lot better this season than last but the challengers are greater
    Barnsley and Posh at the moment are clearly weaker than last season. Lincoln in 7th are MUCH weaker than last season. Stevenage in 9th won't be the same without Evans.
  • I still think we’ll sign Sonny Bradley but it will be late on in the window. Would love a proven attacking midfielder but I think that’ll be hard to do. Still expecting a GK.
  • Plaaayer said:
    Ipswich just signed a new keeper so a possibility of Walton moving?
    I asked the same question last week
  • edited July 17
    ross1 said:
    Plaaayer said:
    Ipswich just signed a new keeper so a possibility of Walton moving?
    I asked the same question last week
    And what answer did you get?

They still needed to sign another keeper to replace Walton before they would let him go, but we all know this is not a goer...don't we...🙄
  • Has there been a genuine link with Walton at any point? I'm fairly certain he'd get a Championship move if he was made available, even that feels unlikely.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!