Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• redbuttle said:
    Would still like an additonal striker, we're playing 2 up top, you can't rely on Chuks and Leaburn will not be match-fit for some months. 
    If we could bring in Devante Cole would be perfect. 
    He's useless.

Think useless is slightly harsh, 18 goals and 3 assist in 46 appearances last season. Barnsley went on a really poor run and he had a bit of a drought to go with it, but he's a bit different than what we have. 

I'd say he's a decent league 1 striker, worth a go on a free. 
  • Current state of play:

*NEW* - club still keen to bring in a first choice keeper, might be a loan towards end of window.
    Mannion
    AMB - potentially leave
    Isted - Likely to leave

Ramsay
    Watson
    Assiimwe

*NEW* - Club keen on another new CB
    Jones
    REG
    A.Mitchell
    Gillesphey
    Z.Mitchell
    Ness - Likely to leave

Small
    Edwards
    Edun - Likely to leave 

*NEW* - One more central midfielder still likely.
    Coventry
    Taylor
    Berry
    Anderson
    Docherty
    Campbell
    Fraser - Likely to leave

Ahadme
    Godden
    Leaburn
    Kanu
    Aneke
    Sounds good, all the positions and departures we’ve been expecting.

Any idea if the CB will ideally be left footed (or at least comfortable on that side? And what type of midfielder do you think will come in? There’s a good argument for a solid holding midfielder or a more creative attacking one.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1814253332040470661?t=BBapsqHBbNlhieagDYPMlw&s=19

Celtic's new keeper signing Viljami Sinisalo was a target for #cafc.

Exeter City GK coach Kevin Miller, who worked with the Finnish international last season, has revealed the Addicks' interest in the 22-year-old.
    Brilliant, so that's now Ruddy, Davies & Sinisalo who would rather sit on the bench than be a #1 for us? 

Think he's got a chance of being #1 at Celtic given their other keeper signing was Kasper Schmeichel
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1814253332040470661?t=BBapsqHBbNlhieagDYPMlw&s=19

Exeter City GK coach Kevin Miller, who worked with the Finnish international last season, has revealed the Addicks' interest in the 22-year-old.
    That's a shame, he was decent. Didn't think that's the type of keeper we would be in for. 

Apparently they've paid over 1 million for him, not sure how true that is. 

It's nice that we are competing with Celtic for signings though I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:

That's a shame, he was decent. Didn't think that's the type of keeper we would be in for. 

Apparently they've paid over 1 million for him, not sure how true that is. 

It's nice that we are competing with Celtic for signings though I suppose.
    You can’t go up without a proper goalkeeper - Jones is long in the tooth enough to know that 
  • MarcusH26 said:

He was outstanding for Exeter last season so at least shows we are looking for a very decent keeper to come in.
    A good goalkeeper is 100% worth waiting for and I'd much rather we hold off and try and get someone that Jones actually wants as No1 rather than push the panic button and sign anyone just for the sake of it.

Obviously this does have risks, you don't really want to be bringing in a new GK at the last minute and hoping he settles with the defence properly, but I'm reassured that we seem to be actively looking for someone who is a clear cut above the Isteds and Maynard-Brewers out there.

A really good GK can turn a decent defence into an outstanding one.
  • Dan Potts a triallist for us today in the Palace friendly.  One we're looking to sign, or Jones helping a former player of his get fit?
  • Dan Potts a triallist for us today in the Palace friendly.  One we're looking to sign, or Jones helping a former player of his get fit?
    Possibly both - gets a run out and to get some fitness with the chance of a contract if it goes well.
  • Or filling a gap until we sign a CB? Could see similar with Hylton until Miles is back.
  • Ooo... that was a nice move... Not sure who played the ball, but lovely long ball to Campbell, who got in behind Palace, ended up with a cross but just too high for Hylton
  • Sponsored links:

• Boooo....Jones out. Doesn't he read Charlton Life? We've already decided Potts is too short for us.
  • I was joking @ForeverAddickted i think tbh, Berry and Pott's in particular are good signings, Given we can only register 22 players + U21's do i really think Hylton should be in that 22? probably not tbh
  • Nothing wrong with Potts
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I was joking @ForeverAddickted i think tbh, Berry and Pott's in particular are good signings, Given we can only register 22 players + U21's do i really think Hylton should be in that 22? probably not tbh
    Oh I know you were lol!... What I posted was one thing I was genuinely thinking the moment I heard Potts
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nothing wrong with Potts
    im a bigger fan of Pans, they live forever and are robust as fuck
    teflon?
  • Redhenry said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nothing wrong with Potts
    im a bigger fan of Pans, they live forever and are robust as fuck
    teflon?
    Peter