Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:
    fenaddick said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Regarding Nathan Baxter, and whether he'd come to Charlton - I can safely say he'd be interested in theory. As has been pointed out, he's local, and given a lot of us who played cricket with him are CAFC fans, there's an affinity there in some respects.

But it almost certainly wouldn't be this summer. He's at a side that so nearly were promoted last season, with a manager who is playing football in such a way that Nathan can continue to develop his game, and he's liking the dressing room and club feel there. Why would he move to what is evidently more of a "project" this summer?
    I think some players are attracted to a project and being in on it from the start must be hugely satisfying. Nathan Jones has also been successful with a similar project at Luton. I'd also add that he joined Bolton for a project that seems to have stalled a bit.

If I were him I'd probably still wait a year though. If he has a good season you'd imagine he'll be in the Championship for 25/26, whether that is with Bolton or someone who would take him on a free. Never know, that might be us.
    If Bolton go up his contract extends for an additional year btw. And he's been there a year - while obviously they'll have been gutted not to be one of the three promoted sides last year, they did reach the playoff final. I don't think you can say that that's something stalling (from his perspective).
    I wasn't suggesting they'd stalled within a year, just that the expectation has been they should go up for a few years (my memory could be wring though!) and when that happens things often get stale and then implode. I hope that doesn't happen, I quite like Bolton that's just what seems to happen.
  • It's been a long time since the last "rumour" on this thread. 
    Well, I've heard that Bruce Grobbelaar's son - Gary Grobbelaar - is on trial at the moment. And yes, he is a goalkeeper, just like his illustrious father.
  • bobmunro said:
    Simonsen said:
    There be another keeper coming in 
    From deepest Somerset? 

Devon more likely - Plymouth area.
    Direct quote from the Plymouth Herald.
  • Gone very quiet 
  • Leuth said:
    Of course it's gone quiet. We're not looking for many players now. A keeper might be all
    I’m expecting 2 or 3 more as Jones said he wanted 9 before May left. He recently talked about wanting a left sided CB when asked about Potts. With Bishop on trial that suggests we want a CM too.
  • Major said:
    Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?
    Exactly! What do you guys think about the goalkeeping situation?

I think we'd likely be buggered without one.

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Of course it's gone quiet. We're not looking for many players now. A keeper might be all
    I’m expecting 2 or 3 more as Jones said he wanted 9 before May left. He recently talked about wanting a left sided CB when asked about Potts. With Bishop on trial that suggests we want a CM too.
    I think Leuth means there's not many rumours about because though we want a CB and a CM it appears they've already been identified in Bishop and Potts so the only piece "missing" is the keeper
  • I have heard Ivan Toney has just bought a big house near Milton Keynes, hopefully he is not moving to Birmingham
  • TelMc32 said:
    There be another keeper coming in 

Brilliant.😄
  • Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?
    One or two have mentioned it…….I think.🫤
  • Do we need a new Goalkeeper?  

Whaddya think?
    One or two have mentioned it…….I think.🫤
    Make that three now...🤔
  • Wouldn't be surprised if we go for two CBs'and let REG leave to be honest. Jones has said we're after a LCB, presumably to compete with Gillesphey, still think we'd get Bradley in if Derby let him move on and have the two Mitchells at RCB. 
  • What about CB, any thoughts on this, peeps?
  • I see the Charlton OS has kept up with putting new signings on the site, but for some reason does not want to remove Alfie May name 🤔
    I think we’re in for one but are having to wait to see if his club can sign a replacement, so I’m guessing that’s probably 50/50
  • Sponsored links:

I think we’re in for one but are having to wait to see if his club can sign a replacement, so I’m guessing that’s probably 50/50
    I think that too, which is why I think we could well sign two because Jones has made noise about a LCB. 
  • ross1 said:
    I see the Charlton OS has kept up with putting new signings on the site, but for some reason does not want to remove Alfie May name 🤔
    Brum are gonna give him back now that they have a better option and a few school places have opened up in the area 
  • edited July 23
    I don’t think we need anymore goalies when we now have defenders that can defend🥸
  • Solidgone said:
    I don’t think we need anymore goalies when we’ve now got defenders that can defend🥸
    On this note, after the flurry of excitement when we did have our 2-3 week period of announcing signings. We have only signed 1 centre back so far, despite letting two go and Ness clearly on the way out. I know some will say Josh Edwards is additionally a centre half but looks like he has spent more of his career as a winger as opposed to a centre back! I do hope we seem some more movement soon
  • barstool said:
    I have heard Ivan Toney has just bought a big house near Milton Keynes, hopefully he is not moving to Birmingham
    No Mk have loosened the purse strings and are the Birmingham of League Two.
  • Solidgone said:
    I don’t think we need anymore goalies when we’ve now got defenders that can defend🥸
    We've only signed one CB, albeit I have high hopes for Mitchell. 
  • edited July 23
    This is how I see the rest of the summer window:

IN
    Potts
    Keeper
    Attacking Midfielder

OUT
    Ness
    REG
    Edun
    Fraser
    Istead
    Maynard-Brewer
    Asiimwe - Loan

* Just to clarify, this isn't what I would want but what I can see happening.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!