Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Another left back isn't what we need with Small, Edwards and Edun already at the club
    Can play CB though right?
  • sam3110 said:
    Another left back isn't what we need with Small, Edwards and Edun already at the club
    Got a feeling Small may go.
  • fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    5'8" so not sure how he fits into the defence and what Jones wants from his defenders
  • I can’t believe Devante Cole is still a free agent and that we don’t really go after him
  • sam3110 said:
    He hasn't played left back for years as far as I know. Can play on the left of a 3 and is actually good in the air. However I'm sure Cawley said we're not interested in him (though things change) 
  • sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    5'8" so not sure how he fits into the defence and what Jones wants from his defenders
    He’s played LCB in a back 3 quite a bit. Personally don’t think it will happen though 
  • I can’t believe Devante Cole is still a free agent and that we don’t really go after him
    We’ve got five first team strikers, we don’t need six. The budget would be much better spent elsewhere. I only see that changing if someone leaves or Leaburn’s going to be out longer than expected.
  • Scoham said:
    I can’t believe Devante Cole is still a free agent and that we don’t really go after him
    We’ve got five first team strikers, we don’t need six. The budget would be much better spent elsewhere. I only see that changing if someone leaves or Leaburn’s going to be out longer than expected.
    Also he's terrible
    Correct. Barnsley friend confirmed how poor he was during run in. Missed couple of sitters at ours too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    Potts is 5 ft 8, not a CB
  • Southbank said:
    fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    He played there for Jones at Luton though.
  • Were we linked with Panzo at one point or am I making that up? 
  • Have a friend of friend is an ex-Luton player so close with Nathan Jones and ex-Luton players, caught up with them today and said that Dan Potts was a done deal to us, that we had also been interested in Harry Cornick but he didn’t want to leave Bristol City. Unsurprisingly Isted has also been told he’ll only be 3rd choice so very keen to move on and hoping Barnsley come in for him. 
    Barnsley signed a new keeper this week plus the manager who was in charge when Isted was there as left 
  • sam3110 said:
    He not going … unless we get offered silly money then everyone as their price 
  • sam3110 said:
    He not going … unless we get offered silly money then everyone as their price 
    It as to be Hasda  ;)
  • Southbank said:
    fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    He is 6ft and a CB according to transfer market 
  • Scoham said:
    I can’t believe Devante Cole is still a free agent and that we don’t really go after him
    Also he's terrible
    Agree, whenever I've seen him he doesn't look very good but got around 20 goals last season, maybe we're his bogey team?
  • Cole must have other issues behind the scenes for noone to want him
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    Small looks like one of the ones who’s really sold on this pre season. I would be really surprised if he goes anywhere. He and Josh Edwards look like they’re really going to push each other this year. 

Clearly Jones doesn’t rate Edun as a wing back so I just can’t see him signing off on letting him go unless someone offers silly money. At which point, no club in league one can say no.
    If Small's agent could find him a move for approx £10k a week, he wouldn't be interested as he's enjoying pre-season and the Slovenian lakes in his socks?

Seasonal sentiment has well and truly kickstarted ;-)
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Small looks like one of the ones who’s really sold on this pre season. I would be really surprised if he goes anywhere. He and Josh Edwards look like they’re really going to push each other this year. 

Clearly Jones doesn’t rate Edun as a wing back so I just can’t see him signing off on letting him go unless someone offers silly money. At which point, no club in league one can say no.

I felt Edun looked comfortable in CM, understand it was against Dartford. There could be something in there for him if Jones is happy enough to give him that chance.
  • RC_CAFC said:

I felt Edun looked comfortable in CM, understand it was against Dartford. There could be something in there for him if Jones is happy enough to give him that chance.
    Ahead of who ? Anderson, Coventry , Berry and Docherty all ahead of him , plus we’ve still got Taylor and the Scottish Ben Reeves
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!