Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Small looks like one of the ones who’s really sold on this pre season. I would be really surprised if he goes anywhere. He and Josh Edwards look like they’re really going to push each other this year. 

Clearly Jones doesn’t rate Edun as a wing back so I just can’t see him signing off on letting him go unless someone offers silly money. At which point, no club in league one can say no.

I felt Edun looked comfortable in CM, understand it was against Dartford. There could be something in there for him if Jones is happy enough to give him that chance.
    Ahead of who ? Anderson, Coventry , Berry and Docherty all ahead of him , plus we’ve still got Taylor and the Scottish Ben Reeves
    Who says he has to be ahead of any of them? You need a squad of players across a season. He'll be "ahead" of whoever is injured, suspended or has lost form over the course of the year
    Are we still restricted to a squad of 22 (not including goalkeepers and under 21s)?
  • mendonca said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Small looks like one of the ones who’s really sold on this pre season. I would be really surprised if he goes anywhere. He and Josh Edwards look like they’re really going to push each other this year. 

Clearly Jones doesn’t rate Edun as a wing back so I just can’t see him signing off on letting him go unless someone offers silly money. At which point, no club in league one can say no.
    If Small's agent could find him a move for approx £10k a week, he wouldn't be interested as he's enjoying pre-season and the Slovenian lakes in his socks?

Seasonal sentiment has well and truly kickstarted ;-)
    I literally said if someone offers silly money then it may happen. That goes both ways in terms of club and player. 

But realistically, is someone going to come in and offer him that after a failed loan to Scotland and a half decent dozen or so games in league one?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Southbank said:
    fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another left back isn't what we need with Small, Edwards and Edun already at the club
    Can play CB though right?
    Potts is 5 ft 8, not a CB
    1.83m according to transfermarkt so around 6ft
    That's the only place I've seen him listed as that. On the official Premier League site he's listed as 1.72 and that seems to be what pretty much every other football stats site has him as. He's apparently 1.78 so 5ft10 according to EA as well. I imagine that most sites just find the height written somewhere and copy it so whoever gets there first likely sets the general statistic right or wrong. Football Manager has him at 1.81 though so I'm inclined to go with that. Either way I think we can say he's likely between the heights of 1cm and 6000m
    I’ve seen him play live a couple of times, no chance he’s 6 foot. I know it’s difficult to judge sometimes but I would have said 5”9/10 is about right, certainly no taller, 
  • edited July 12
    Also posted on the other transfer thread for those who wanted us to sign Max Dean, 

He's gone to KAA Gent: 

https://x.com/MKDonsFC/status/1811702044430074020?t=n2vJOdzHeck4u5wVfihZzQ&s=19
  • At least Alfie May is still with us, according to CAFC OS 😁
  • edited July 12
    ross1 said:
    At least Alfie May is still with us, according to CAFC OS 😁
    Not any more ross, your powers reach far and wide...🙄
  • cafcfan said:
    sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

I felt Edun looked comfortable in CM, understand it was against Dartford. There could be something in there for him if Jones is happy enough to give him that chance.
    Ahead of who ? Anderson, Coventry , Berry and Docherty all ahead of him , plus we’ve still got Taylor and the Scottish Ben Reeves
    Who says he has to be ahead of any of them? You need a squad of players across a season. He'll be "ahead" of whoever is injured, suspended or has lost form over the course of the year
    Are we still restricted to a squad of 22 (not including goalkeepers and under 21s)?

Don't think so except NJ wanted a smaller squad,  but even if we are it wouldn't be an issue:

Keepers + U21 not included
    Mannion, AMB, Isted, New Keeper, Small, Anderson, Leaburn, Kanu, Mbick, Casey, Assimwe, Z Mitchell, Campbell, Bower, Hindenberg, Huke, Kedwell, Toure

Squad over 21
    Ramsey, REG, A Mitchell, Watson, Ness, Jones, Gillesphy, Edwards, Berry, Docherty, Coventry, Taylor, Ahadme, Godden, Aneke, Edun, Fraser.

So only 17 over 21 with maybe 2-3 due in.  Plus that includes Fraser, Ness and Edun all of whom may still leave yet.                 
    None of this age nonsense, we need precise heights for all players 😉 
    Ensuring that we're ready with made to measure crutches for when the invisible sniper strikes...
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a friend of friend is an ex-Luton player so close with Nathan Jones and ex-Luton players, caught up with them today and said that Dan Potts was a done deal to us, that we had also been interested in Harry Cornick but he didn’t want to leave Bristol City. Unsurprisingly Isted has also been told he’ll only be 3rd choice so very keen to move on and hoping Barnsley come in for him. 

Potts may be more simmering than done deal and I will  believe when I hear it from the Charlton hub but this is the type of rumours, friend of friend and meeting up with Pro footballers that are recipe for success captain Jack.
    If this is served up as a new signing then we are only a couple more ingredients from being replete.
  • edited July 12
    sam3110 said:
    Well tomorrow’s game will be a good test. Goztepe are a mid table Turkish Super League club so will be no slouches. 
    Are they? They only got promoted the past season so i think you'll find if they're midtable right now it's due to alphabet more than anything...
    Ah. Fair enough. I’m guessing decent Championship standard ?
  • edited July 12
    sam3110 said:
    Well tomorrow’s game will be a good test. Goztepe are a mid table Turkish Super League club so will be no slouches. 
    Are they? They only got promoted the past season so i think you'll find if they're midtable right now it's due to alphabet more than anything...
    Still several steps up from Dartford, so expect a good game...
  • Well tomorrow’s game will be a good test. Goztepe are a mid table Turkish Super League club so will be no slouches. 
    No injuries 🤞 
  • edited July 12
    sam3110 said:
    Top Turkish sides are mid-table Championship at best.  Very little in the way of "press".
  • edited July 12
    Goztepe…

1st tier: 1959-77, 1978-80, 1981-82, 1999-00, 2001-03, 2017-22, 2024- (30 seasons)

2nd tier: 1977-78, 1980-81, 1982-99, 2000-01, 2003-04, 2011-13, 2015-17, 2022-24 (27 seasons)

3rd tier: 2004-05, 2009-11, 2013-15 (5 seasons)

4th tier: 2005-07, 2008-09 (3 seasons)

Amateur: 2007-08 (1 season)

111111111111111111211212222222222222222212112344A43322332211111221
  • Sponsored links:

• Goztepe are owned by the same owners as Southampton which is kind of interesting. 
  • edited July 12
    cafcfan said:
    sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Don't think so except NJ wanted a smaller squad,  but even if we are it wouldn't be an issue:

Keepers + U21 not included
    Mannion, AMB, Isted, New Keeper, Small, Anderson, Leaburn, Kanu, Mbick, Casey, Assimwe, Z Mitchell, Campbell, Bower, Hindenberg, Huke, Kedwell, Toure

Squad over 21
    Ramsey, REG, A Mitchell, Watson, Ness, Jones, Gillesphy, Edwards, Berry, Docherty, Coventry, Taylor, Ahadme, Godden, Aneke, Edun, Fraser.

So only 17 over 21 with maybe 2-3 due in.  Plus that includes Fraser, Ness and Edun all of whom may still leave yet.                 
    It's easy to forget how young Small is, as he's such a confident and assured player. He'll be counted as an under 21 for another 2 years!
    So, how is young Small?... well I hope...🤔
    Or even how small is Young? 😎
  • edited July 12
    MarcusH26 said:
    Goztepe are owned by the same owners as Southampton which is kind of interesting. 

https://youtu.be/sTd_73Slj3Q?si=q1znaAPIFvBo29gC
  • I never imagined that we would sign so many players, VERY good quality players, i m o the owners and scouting staff have done a great job, the newcomers can't have come cheap

I was, as were many of us were, cheesed off at losing May and Dobson, but I reckon their replacements will do just as good, and hopefully a much better, job
    Now counting the days until the Wigan 'test' .. come on youse (new & established) Addicksssaaaahhh
  • Goztepe play dome dodgy Hungarian outfit next week too
  • Swisdom said:
    Goztepe play dome dodgy Hungarian outfit next week too
    Hope they don’t have a pre-contract agreed for the friendly. 
    Won't matter if it's not legally binding...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!