Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Regarding Potts and his height, does nobody remember Chris Perry? He wasn't too shabby for us. Also see Lisandro Martinez.
    ‘6ft Pottsy’ they call him. 
  • Regarding Potts and his height, does nobody remember Chris Perry? He wasn't too shabby for us. Also see Lisandro Martinez.

Chris Perry was one of the rare Premier CB's who were a tad under 6ft. 
  • Bloody good player too……another one we let get away from us.🫤
  • Bloody good player too……another one we let get away from us.🫤
    Dowie let him go and replaced him with Diawara 
  • DA9 said:
    I run a team of people at work, and the value of having someone within that team who helps drive performance, standards and motivation is invaluable. If Hylton is brought in to do that role, as well as an emergency back up striker, no brainer for me.
    Very professional and grown up my friend. I’m impressed. 😂
  • cfgs said:
    Regarding Potts and his height, does nobody remember Chris Perry? He wasn't too shabby for us. Also see Lisandro Martinez.
    Greatest defender I have ever seen is Franco Baresi, he was only 5 foot 9, but appeared to be a giant on the pitch.
    I raise you Maldini.
  • cfgs said:
    Regarding Potts and his height, does nobody remember Chris Perry? He wasn't too shabby for us. Also see Lisandro Martinez.
    Greatest defender I have ever seen is Franco Baresi, he was only 5 foot 9, but appeared to be a giant on the pitch.
    I raise you Maldini.
    Definitely taller.
    The fact you have to go back 20 years to Chris Perry shows how rare it is.

Cawley ruled him out a while ago, I’ll be surprised if that’s changed.
  • cfgs said:
    I raise you Maldini.
    What about Les Berry?  
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    I raise you Maldini.
    George Costa for me.
  • edited July 12
    cfgs said:
    I raise you Maldini.
    George Costa for me.
    Very very good player but got totally turned over by the Walsall fella (Jorge Leitao). Not so sure Maldini or Baresi would have allowed that to happen. He was their only threat and Costa needed to iron him out early on. Just another shit Charlton cup performance, that one. 
  • cfgs said:
    More of a holding midfielder great at tackling and passing than a traditional centre back.
  • se9addick said:
    We should announce all our signings, en masse, in one tweet like Morecambe have done:

That's so pixelated for a second I thought they'd signed Yaya Sanogo
    I thought the same thing!
  • They had an embargo which has been lifted, assume they had them all lined up and ready to sign once lifted.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 13
    Could be fireworks if we get him.
  • Uboat said:
    I hope they each got their own 3 minute video of them rubbing their hands together and patting the badge in slow motion. 
    Also tugging at their shirt on the shoulders - absolutely essential.
  • Uboat said:
    I hope they each got their own 3 minute video of them rubbing their hands together and patting the badge in slow motion. 
    Also tugging at their shirt on the shoulders - absolutely essential.
    Got to point at the camera while tilting the head upwards too
  • Ipswich have bought a goalkeeper from Burnley, does this give us the green light to go in for Walton?
  • ross1 said:
    Ipswich have bought a goalkeeper from Burnley, does this give us the green light to go in for Walton?
    Surprised they paid 15m for Muric. Decent enough but has a calamity or two in his locker. Lost Burnley 6 points in two games with a howler at Everton and then one in the next home game.
  • edited July 13
    ross1 said:
    Ipswich have bought a goalkeeper from Burnley, does this give us the green light to go in for Walton?
    I read something about Philips possibly being available from Rotherham….is that correct, if so, I wonder would we be interested?
  • Really surprised we haven’t been linked with him, doesn’t even seem to be any rumours about a move for him. 
  • Good spot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!