Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Isted (27):

Games - 111
    Goals Conceded - 159
    Clean Sheets - 27

AMB (25):

Games - 107
    Goals Conceded - 157
    Clean Sheets - 18

Mannion (26)

Games - 98
    Goals Conceded - 142
    Clean Sheets - 25

None of them reek number 1 to me. 
    Not sure it’s all about stats when it comes to keepers. 
    I knew when I posted this l’d get some kick back from posters saying stats don’t say anything or it’s to simplistic a view.

But I’m taking a simplistic approach here. As I said in my original comment none of them reek of number 1 to me.

This was Walton when he joined Ipswich.

Christian Walton (26)

Games - 171
    Goals Conceded - 197
    Clean Sheets - 56

And that’s what I want from a keeper. Someone who has proven himself at this level and been part of a winning team and defence. 
  • sam3110 said:
    AMB has the "youth player" bias, he's just as, if not more shit than Isted. Both aren't good enough for a promotion chasing team but at least Isted is average to below across all attributes, AMB is a slightly above average shot stopper and is terrible at everything else
    Agreed, if we had bought AMB from Lincoln he’d get a lot more stick. 
    I’m not sure that’s true . AMB got plenty of stick last season - quite rightly .  
  • edited July 11
    JamesSeed said:
    Isted (27):

Games - 111
    Goals Conceded - 159
    Clean Sheets - 27

AMB (25):

Games - 107
    Goals Conceded - 157
    Clean Sheets - 18

Mannion (26)

Games - 98
    Goals Conceded - 142
    Clean Sheets - 25

None of them reek number 1 to me. 
    Not sure it’s all about stats when it comes to keepers. 
    I knew when I posted this l’d get some kick back from posters saying stats don’t say anything or it’s to simplistic a view.

But I’m taking a simplistic approach here. As I said in my original comment none of them reek of number 1 to me.

This was Walton when he joined Ipswich.

Christian Walton (26)

Games - 171
    Goals Conceded - 197
    Clean Sheets - 56

And that’s what I want from a keeper. Someone who has proven himself at this level and been part of a winning team and defence. 
    I think that would be valuable info if he’d been playing for a struggling team, but less valuable if he was playing for a team with a great defensive record. 
    I think with keepers you really have to watch lots of games they played in. And those stats alone don’t mean he’s proved himself, for me. 
    With Bartram it was one outstanding performance (when playing in goal because of an injury to the ‘proper’ keeper) that attracted attention, and they brought him in on trial to have a proper look at him. 
    Stats are fine, but a long way from being a deciding factor imho. 
    The guy with poor stats might have had three times as many shots to deal with, and conceded many goals from close range, because he’s playing for a poor side. 
  • LTKapal said:
    Is begovic actually realistic?
    Seen him mentioned a few times 
    Begovic is happy being on the bench, fact...
  • edited July 11
    Dillon Phillips would be great back as first choice 

The Dillon Phillips of our Play off winning season where other than the final look away moment was consistent and despite being a keeper that liked to stay on his line if possible was as safe as houses in that promotion season, would be spot on but has he lost his edge ? 
  • Very naughty Clive!
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Do we need new goalie Ronnie Moore you said Isted was a fantastic goalkeeper when we signed him last year. 
    Isted is an excellent keeper to good to be a number two .. 
    A lot of his keeping last season was decidedly number two.
    Both Isted and AMB have a two major flaws in their game, neither talks to the back four and both do not command their area, they are both good shot stoppers but their is more to being a goal keeper than just that. 
  • Not sure if I’m mixing this Bradley up with someone else at Derby but when we played them one of the CB looked as slow as a cart horse I thought it was Bradley and if it was I would not want him.looked shocking. 
    He also looked mistake prone, I thought the same.

Could have had a bad game though.
  • Not sure if I’m mixing this Bradley up with someone else at Derby but when we played them one of the CB looked as slow as a cart horse I thought it was Bradley and if it was I would not want him.looked shocking. 
    No the very same centre half, I too am not sure with this sites obsession with him is, I guess the fact he was good at Luton a few years ago and is vocal but we do can do far better 
  • In the absence of any real rumours and in the light of knowing we want two or three more. Who realistically and in what positions do we think. I have no names but I’m thinking GK, Centre Back and Attacking Midfielder. 
  • In the absence of any real rumours and in the light of knowing we want two or three more. Who realistically and in what positions do we think. I have no names but I’m thinking GK, Centre Back and Attacking Midfielder. 
    Those would be my guesses also. Possibly more if we lose someone unexpectedly to injury or a surprise offer but I'm not really expecting either.

Most business now will probably be outbound.
    No the very same centre half, I too am not sure with this sites obsession with him is, I guess the fact he was good at Luton a few years ago and is vocal but we do can do far better 
    His name is Sonny Bradley which is a good Hardman Centre Back name. That plus the fact he played for Derby genuinely explains it 
  • Leuth said:
    Vinnie Brexit. Height 19 Jumping 18 Aggression 20 Pace 3. Fuckin sign him up Nathan he's the missing link (literally) 
    Voting for him...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I think Edun becomes a midfielder and is the cover. 

Coventry, Docherty, Taylor, Edun, Anderson and one more in

In the 10 it's Berry, Fraser and Campbell and we'll look to replace Fraser. 

Centre back we have 6 already so I expect either Ness out permanently or Zach out on loan to accommodate another there. 

Keeper we need to sell one to buy one too IMO.

I can't see incomings until we shift a couple of them out now 
    Agree mostly but have a feeling Jones is looking at TC as a #9 rather than a #10, which the more I think about it makes sense. Quick feet and a decent finisher, think he could provide us a different option to what we have up there if we come up against someone in the old hardman CB role. I genuinely think we're only a few (quality) signings away from something that could do really well 
  • sam3110 said:

Centre back we have 6 already so I expect either Ness out permanently or Zach out on loan to accommodate another there. 

Edun needs to go 
  • sam3110 said:

I think either Taylor or Edun will go. 
  • Another left back isn't what we need with Small, Edwards and Edun already at the club
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!