Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Bailey said:
    Now we know Teddy Bishop is in Slovenia (means we are probably giving him a proper trial) I did some snooping around on Lincolns forums

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumours.137568/page-62

I'll post two of the highlighted comments below, but it sounds like he wasn't available all too often and has serious injury issues.

Despite what I said about the good Dr earlier, with having a few players dealing with injuries and fitness atm, I don't think we can afford to sign players who can't play a full 90.

Now we know Teddy Bishop is in Slovenia (means we are probably giving him a proper trial) I did some snooping around on Lincolns forums

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumours.137568/page-62

I'll post two of the highlighted comments below, but it sounds like he wasn't available all too often and has serious injury issues.

Despite what I said about the good Dr earlier, with having a few players dealing with injuries and fitness atm, I don't think we can afford to sign players who can't play a full 90.

But yet they sign mcgrandles who spent 70% of his time here injured
    And interestingly or not, when loaned out, never had as much as a runny nose. I don't think he was a bad player but both he and Charlton were not compatible and he knew it. 
    Wasn’t he injured for most of his last loan?
  • What could potentially be a straight swap between McGrandles and Bishop, I'd be willing to take a punt on Bishop given how dire McGrandles looked for us
  • edited July 10
    wmcf123 said:
    Bishop played 33 times last season, 21 were starts and he averaged 58 minutes per appearance.

22/23: 24 apps, 19 starts, 61 mins per app

21/22: 36 apps, 28 starts, 67 mins per app

20/21: 36 apps, 28 starts, 65 mins per app

He’d be fine as a squad player behind Berry, Docherty, Coventry who I fully expect to be the first choice three.

I reckon he’s an upgrade on Bakinson, Fraser, Louie Watson who all made 20-30 appearances for us last season.
    I really hope we are going to use 3 strikers at times .  

For some reason this always gets lost in translation but we will use 3 forwards/strikers/goal threats(more than 3 with midfielders in and around the box) but they won't all take up the central attacking position.
    In a 2 you would hope they play off each other and in a 3 one would go wider when needs must or the wing back is busy defending and not over lapping.
    Flexibility is the key and since when has football been a static game 🤔
    Ok in England's group games !
    In the mediocre league 1 I would be amazed if we copied Southgate and did a low block. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I think the biggest thing will be having the quality to break down sides that come to The Valley , sit in a low block with 10 men behind the ball and look for a cheap winner off a setpiece. Would still like a bit more creativity in the building even if we do add Bishop to effectively be squad depth. 
    We also need to be a lot better at all types of set pieces ourselves, it’s another way of finding a goal in games like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    i actually think this year's League one is going to be the most competitive yet, so for us a solid start and consistency from the off is an absolute must. It's hard to call the top 10 let alone top 6 imo this year 
    Well the opposition we start against in our first two league games Nathan is going to have to go some to beat last year’s results. Two games two wins 6 points all the best beating that Nathan. 
    While you are at it maybe we can also beat Birmingham in the cup and progress further.
  • edited July 10
    wmcf123 said:
    Bishop played 33 times last season, 21 were starts and he averaged 58 minutes per appearance.

He’d be fine as a squad player behind Berry, Docherty, Coventry who I fully expect to be the first choice three.

I reckon he’s an upgrade on Bakinson, Fraser, Louie Watson who all made 20-30 appearances for us last season.

For some reason this always gets lost in translation but we will use 3 forwards/strikers/goal threats(more than 3 with midfielders in and around the box) but they won't all take up the central attacking position.
    In a 2 you would hope they play off each other and in a 3 one would go wider when needs must or the wing back is busy defending and not over lapping.
    In a league 1 I would be amazed if we copied Southgate and did a low block. 
    In a 4231, you’d play 4 attacking players .  In a 352, you should be able to play at least 3.  Last year , we seemed to play with 5 defenders and 3 defensively minded midfielders.  I am not suggesting you play 3 central forwards that stand next to the last defender 

• Dizzle said:
    We could do with a Wes Hoolahan / Andy Reid regen becoming available 

Andy ReReid
  • Bishop could be our new Ben Reeves! One can dream 
  • Bishop could be our new Ben Reeves! One can dream 
    Don’t get Leuth excited 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

In a 4231, you’d play 4 attacking players .  In a 352, you should be able to play at least 3.  Last year , we seemed to play with 5 defenders and 3 defensively minded midfielders.  I am not suggesting you play 3 central forwards that stand next to the last defender 

Nathan Jones wants the two central strikers this season in Plan A in a 3-5-2 with wing backs.
    With Jones saying Campbell may play more central it's obvious the width will come from the wing backs or attacking backs(if 4 at back) this season plus the ability of the likes of Kanu to play like a Taylor and Grant who could play wide and central during a match depending on the needs and state of the game.
    We will need 4 players during the 100 minutes to play in the 2 up front so with Part time Chuks and still not fit Miles we need to perm any 4 from 6 strikers to occupy the front 2 positions 

In many games I have watched Charlton play, the
    4-2-3-1 didn't have 4 attacking players in as the 3 players behind the lone striker couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

What ever Nathan Jones decides on formations we need fit players with skill and movement and potentially 16 players on it come match day. 
    I doubt want to hear the boys trained hard and then we are poor in games.

Q. As it stands who will be the number 1 keeper if no other keeper comes in or is it a Shay Given that a new keeper is on his way ?
  • Based on the fact that Jones is fairly obviously  not overly impressed by AMB or Isted then Mannion is presumably the de facto No 1 if the season was to start this weekend.

But as we know we've pursued at least two "established" GKs already I would be astounded if we didn't go back to that well in the near future.
  • TheFXguy said:
    The bar was so low last season, the only thing we could have won was a limbo competition
    Knowing our luck that's the only time our squad would have risen to the occasion
  • NJ has already said that he missed his first choice for a number 1 goalkeeper, but at the moment it is not a priority and he will return to it later. Perhaps already got someone in mind but their present club is trying to buy a goalkeeper first. Not ITK, just speculation 
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we need new goalie Ronnie Moore you said Isted was a fantastic goalkeeper when we signed him last year. 
  • Still need a playmaker, metronome pulling the strings. Not sure we’ve got that missing piece yet. 
    Berry? 
  • Swisdom said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

Nathan Jones wants the two central strikers this season in Plan A in a 3-5-2 with wing backs.
    With Jones saying Campbell may play more central it's obvious the width will come from the wing backs or attacking backs(if 4 at back) this season plus the ability of the likes of Kanu to play like a Taylor and Grant who could play wide and central during a match depending on the needs and state of the game.
    We will need 4 players during the 100 minutes to play in the 2 up front so with Part time Chuks and still not fit Miles we need to perm any 4 from 6 strikers to occupy the front 2 positions 

In many games I have watched Charlton play, the
    4-2-3-1 didn't have 4 attacking players in as the 3 players behind the lone striker couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

What ever Nathan Jones decides on formations we need fit players with skill and movement and potentially 16 players on it come match day. 
    I doubt want to hear the boys trained hard and then we are poor in games.

Q. As it stands who will be the number 1 keeper if no other keeper comes in or is it a Shay Given that a new keeper is on his way ?
    I believe a new keeper has been identified but he won't be in Slovenia

Davies of Sheff Utd dicked us around apparently....an failed the medical.  Everything happens for a reason I guess
    Davies failed the medical or was it another keeper?
  • Don't think Isted will be at the club by the first game. Think someone will nab him on loan at least at this level or top end of L2. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!