Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I don't get this paranoid fear of bloody Wrexham all of a sudden...🤷‍♂️
    They are the Man United of North Wales.

Lets face it, that's a pretty low bar ain't it...🤦‍♂️
  • Well apparently Dobson shit now and Coventry is levels above him according to some on here now. 🤪
    Dobson is the new Semedo.  We’ve lost our three best players and it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Hector was in our top 8.  
  • Based on current squads and managers I would have us in 5th behind Birmingham, Huddersfield, Bolton and Rotherham. I think we are currently better placed than Reading, Peterborough, Wrexham and Barnsley.

Of course that is only on paper and plenty of those will under/over achieve.
    Bolton are going to lose a couple of their stars from what I've been hearing. Santos, Morley and Charles have all been asked about 
  • Looks looks like I’m the only one worried about Wigan.
  • NabySarr said:
    If the season started today we'd have to have a terrible season to finish below Barnsley, Wrexham and Reading.

The rest given how far above us they finished last season, or the fact they were in a higher division, and the transfer windows they've had I can understand why they'd be shorter odds than us.

Barnsley have lost a lot of players, new manager, and only signed 1 player and 1 player/coach who isn't going to play week in week out.

Wrexham have lost a couple of players and only added 2, Dobson and Brunt. They didn't even win the league last season, and were closer to finishing below Mansfield than they were to finishing above Stockport, who have had a much better window so far.

Reading have lost a few players, have signed no one, are under an embargo where they can't even sign players on a free or a loan, and are only ever 1 missed payment away from another points deduction.

Obviously all that being said there is plenty of time for the above to change, but right now there is no way we should be finishing below those 3.
    Peterborough have also lost a few key players, they usually recruit well to replace but I’d imagine they won’t be as strong this year either 
    My Peterborough supporting mate says the same, although he says that every year and they always seems to be up there.
  • sam3110 said:
    Reading being better backed than us without signing a single player and having a few leave is absolutely crazy and just shows how the betting doesn't always follow reality 
    I'd be absolutely stunned if they managed to keep hold of Azeez too. Far far too good for League 1
  • Well apparently Dobson shit now and Coventry is levels above him according to some on here now. 🤪
    Might be worth signing up to WrexhamLife and continuing your ongoing conversation with yourself about how much better Dobson is than Coventry, they might even like to hear it over there! 
  • Sponsored links:

• TheFXguy said:
    Time to waste yet more money hopelessly backing Charlton get in now while it is still worth it!
    We have a very tough start to the season fixtures wise.

i think we’ll be 8/1 for promotion come October!
  • seth plum said:
    Looks looks like I’m the only one worried about Wigan.
    Not sure I'd fancy it either on a late afternoon in August.
  • sam3110 said:
    Reading being better backed than us without signing a single player and having a few leave is absolutely crazy and just shows how the betting doesn't always follow reality 
    I'd be absolutely stunned if they managed to keep hold of Azeez too. Far far too good for League 1
    they triggered a 1 year option on Azeez otherwise he would have gone
  • sam3110 said:
    they triggered a 1 year option on Azeez otherwise he would have gone
    I still think someone will buy him, they're still strapped for cash right?
  • It’s called being honest and not bullshitting yourself 
    The motto of George Dobson FC.
    I loved the bloke when he played for us and didn't want him to go but he's moved on and so should you and focus on supporting the side where we look to have two players in that mould in Coventry & Taylor who whilst not the same as George, might even offer something he lacked (which according to some posters is nothing 🤪)
  • It’s called being honest and not bullshitting yourself 
    The motto of George Dobson FC.
    I loved the bloke when he played for us and didn't want him to go but he's moved on and so should you and focus on supporting the side where we look to have two players in that mould in Coventry & Taylor who whilst not the same as George, might even offer something he lacked (which according to some posters is nothing 🤪)
    Think it’s time to change your name then Yann F C 
  • sam3110 said:
    Just received this from my Reading mate. We were arranging to meet up for the away match:
    ‘That’s IF we have a club. Still under all kinds of embargoes and the sale is still not sorted. Women’s team now defunct through the owner not funding it.’
  • edited July 9
    TheFXguy said:
    Surprising to see Reading backed above us given their troubles…..
    The opening betting market is set by the bookies as you know I’m sure. Betting then has an effect on the opening odds. It’s possible that hardly any one has bet on Reading, so their odds might drift. A couple more good signings and the 5/1 on us might look like decent value. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Marcus Browne a free agent weve been linked with in the past - and we know that NJ likes a winger !
  • Marcus Browne a free agent weve been linked with in the past - and we know that NJ likes a winger !
    Very very injury prone isn't he?
  • wmcf123 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    thenewbie said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    i actually think this year's League one is going to be the most competitive yet, so for us a solid start and consistency from the off is an absolute must. It's hard to call the top 10 let alone top 6 imo this year 
    You have the three relegated teams who will be heavy favourites for promotion, the likes of Rotherham and (hopefully) ourselves who have backed successful coaches heavily in the summer and then there's the odd "surprise package" team who come out of nowhere.

It's going to be very tight at both ends this year I think. We've done well so far with recruitment but there can't be any resting on laurels, anyone else we bring in will need to be of equal quality to what we've done so far.
    We are 9th favourites at 5/1 on Paddy Power. 
    Last week we were at 6/1, so there has been money bet on us. 
    Above us are:
    Birmingham 5/6
    Huddersfield 13/5
    Bolton 13/5
    Rotherham 7/2
    Wrexham 7/2
    Peterborough 4/1
    Reading 9/2
    Barnsley 9/2
    That will be my tenner...
    9th would be good.  
    I assume that is your idea of a joke?
  • Now we know Teddy Bishop is in Slovenia (means we are probably giving him a proper trial) I did some snooping around on Lincolns forums

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumours.137568/page-62

I'll post two of the highlighted comments below, but it sounds like he wasn't available all too often and has serious injury issues.

Despite what I said about the good Dr earlier, with having a few players dealing with injuries and fitness atm, I don't think we can afford to sign players who can't play a full 90.

• One would imagine given the talk of Dr.Will and Jones having a small but available squad, our days of taking risks of long term recurring injuries are behind. Perhaps that's why he's a trialist and not been immediately offered a deal? Can get a full understanding of his medical issues and whether we think we can help/balance it 
  • Now we know Teddy Bishop is in Slovenia (means we are probably giving him a proper trial) I did some snooping around on Lincolns forums

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumours.137568/page-62

I'll post two of the highlighted comments below, but it sounds like he wasn't available all too often and has serious injury issues.

Despite what I said about the good Dr earlier, with having a few players dealing with injuries and fitness atm, I don't think we can afford to sign players who can't play a full 90.

• Yann897 said:
    Thought this was interesting on that site that they think Charlton have been spending money like confetti.
    We’ve been more active than most teams other than maybe Burton. Probably up there for money spent as well but then we’ve also received a decent chunk for May 
  • edited July 9
    @Yann897

All for yourself to see on the link of course, but apparently a lot of those appearances are as a sub and he gets subbed off a lot. Had similar issues at Ipswich as well. 

When we got Mitchell, their fans seemed gutted, and said we have acquired a right player. It's obvious Jensen leaving them will receive the same comments. Not many seem really bothered by Bishop leaving from what I can see, and that concerns me. Lincoln are a modest bunch, and would know what a decent player looks like being fairly competitive in this league.

I don't feel optimistic at all about Bishop. He sounds like an average league 1 player and we really are gonna need top players to compete next season. 

Added a spoiler to the images..

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!